IGNORED

Its Tough At The Top !

andy g

While we were on our winning run, I stuck a post on this forum saying it would be interesting to see how we handled the pressure of being top.

So far the team has handled the pressure badly.

At the time I was just talking about the players handling the pressure, it didn't occur to me that we (the fans) would handle the pressure badly too ! But if the last fortnight is anything to go by, I think WE (the fans) are handling the pressure poorly.

I think the problems we are raising now aren't new at all. They're the same problems we had all the way throught that 11 game run. The only difference is that we had a habit of pinching results (and there was a fair amount of luck in some of those wins).

Aaron has ALWAYS been inconsistant, Butler has ALWAYS been slow, Phillips has ALWAYS been weak on crosses.

The major difference (I think) is BELIEF.

During that winning run we got a lot of late goals and kept plugging away KNOWING that we would score eventually. Now the pressure is on US for a change, we panic. And the fans panic too... and that makes the players panic EVEN MORE - its a vicious circle.

Of course we shouldn't feel afraid to suggest changes or improvements on this forum, or down at the pub, or whatever. But SUPPORT the team at matches, don't groan and abuse the players - its just going to make them more jittery and less confident.

Be patient. We can still do this if WE (the fans) keep our nerve.

Spot on. The truth is we have not played convincingly for any reasonable length of matches in the entire season.

Our 11 game winning run proved that this League is of a very poor standard this year and that wins can be attained through pretty poor performances.

Let's get behind Wilson and the boys on Friday.

BS4

Never failed to be behind Wilson and the team, on the pitch. its just afterwards I find it so bloody hard. Sort the problems out!!

Incidentally you mentioned Butler, and A Brown, forgot L Peacock, and the insistance in playing Wilks out right, or Goodfella, our right too. Nowt changes.

Final point could Luton, in administration, be in the play offs and us not???

Archived