IGNORED

Mcallister .... A Must In Midfield ?

headhunter

On the assumption that Brown is out for a couple of weeks I believe the versatile McAllister should be pushed up into a left midfield role with either Woody or Fontaine coming in a left back.

Yesterday the back 4 was solid enough but the midfield was overrun and that is why Doncaster looked to have so much possession.

Murray is a complete waste of space now and whilst you can't fault him for effort he really poses no threat of significance because his confidence is shot. The kid Wright impressed in a 20 minute cameo against Crewe but you have to ask the question : how much better is he than any kid in our reserves / academy ? [same applies to Corr]

Why couldn't we sign John Murphy from Blackpool who joined Macclesfield on loan ? 6ft + striker and didn't he score a hat-trick against us when we lost 5-1 at Bllomfield Road in 03 ?

Back to my main point. McAllister would bring some class and solidity to the middle and he would compliment Johnson and Skuse and I suppose you have to have Murray or Wright to give an outlet of pace on the right. I thought Russell offered more than Skuse when he came on but the latter has got more running in him even if he does not posess the same guile as the experienced former Torquay midfielder.

Jevons - already done on this forum. Never mind the jury being out .... my verdict is Guilty of just not showing enough pace and general involvement ; in conversation with a Yeovil fan he reminded me that most of Jevons' goals over the past 2 years were from Pens & Free kicks and he's not 1st choice for either here.

Finally, at the very least I think we'll get to the play offs but beyond there if we do go up the problems will start.

Lansdown obviously sanctions this manager's inability to manage a class player out of a bad attitude and we'll need at least 5 a lot better than what we have now to survive. Instead of a Sheff Wed reserve who, his words, needs to get back to match fitness why can't we find a Prem or Championship striker and cop for just half his wages [like Yeovil are doing with us on Stewart ? !!]. Johnson has to prove he can manage quality not yes men and kids

Its not a bad idea. The problem is that he's also a must at left back - the guy is quality.

How about this for an alternative though ?

Corr and Jevo up front (Jevo gets to play alongside a big man)

And JMW on the left (where he seems to spend all his time anyway)

Lansdown obviously sanctions this manager's inability to manage a class player out of a bad attitude and we'll need at least 5 a lot better than what we have now to survive. Instead of a Sheff Wed reserve who, his words, needs to get back to match fitness why can't we find a Prem or Championship striker and cop for just half his wages [like Yeovil are doing with us on Stewart ? !!]. Johnson has to prove he can manage quality not yes men and kids

ahhh, how much would i love to be a professional footballer.

as well as picking up inflated wages, for barely 20 hours work per week, you get to behave more or less however you want, and the adoring fools who pay 20 quid a game to part fund your thousands per week will make excuses of you for years and year no matter what you - and will just blame your boss. its a brilliant profession, you have to agree.

On the assumption that Brown is out for a couple of weeks I believe the versatile McAllister should be pushed up into a left midfield role with either Woody or Fontaine coming in a left back.

Yesterday the back 4 was solid enough but the midfield was overrun and that is why Doncaster looked to have so much possession.

Murray is a complete waste of space now and whilst you can't fault him for effort he really poses no threat of significance because his confidence is shot. The kid Wright impressed in a 20 minute cameo against Crewe but you have to ask the question : how much better is he than any kid in our reserves / academy ? [same applies to Corr]

Why couldn't we sign John Murphy from Blackpool who joined Macclesfield on loan ? 6ft + striker and didn't he score a hat-trick against us when we lost 5-1 at Bllomfield Road in 03 ?

Back to my main point. McAllister would bring some class and solidity to the middle and he would compliment Johnson and Skuse and I suppose you have to have Murray or Wright to give an outlet of pace on the right. I thought Russell offered more than Skuse when he came on but the latter has got more running in him even if he does not posess the same guile as the experienced former Torquay midfielder.

Jevons - already done on this forum. Never mind the jury being out .... my verdict is Guilty of just not showing enough pace and general involvement ; in conversation with a Yeovil fan he reminded me that most of Jevons' goals over the past 2 years were from Pens & Free kicks and he's not 1st choice for either here.

Finally, at the very least I think we'll get to the play offs but beyond there if we do go up the problems will start.

personally in his current position, McAllister is unmoveable......he must stay at left back moving him forward is just going to weaken the defence, agree with the other guy, put Jennison on the left wing,

As for Wright he seems a good player and yesterday's showing was his longest spell on the pitch in 1st team football, what he offers is width, genenuie pace, good crossing and he is a strong strong player, his biggest problem is though at the moment his first touch isn't the best and in all honesty we didn't put the ball to him in the right position enough

probably when we lost skuse was that we lost a very good defensive player, someone who gets in and breaks up the play in oppenants midfield.

think the LDV game in midweek will be good to have a little tinker with, defensive stay about the same but we need to give Wright a full game on the wing and also play Corr and Jevons up front to see how they gel together,

as for John Murphy, he may have scored a hat-trick 3 years ago, but he hasn't played for blaxkpool since april........probably says it all really

as for dealing with any team problems...........well lets not get ahead of ourselves, if we go up we will need to sign players there is no doubt about that, personally feel the likes of Carey, McCombe, McAllister, Noble, Johnson and Brooker will be fine at a higher leve, others time will tell, either way, lets deal with that when we do actually get promoted

Totally agree with you mate. CAN!!! Johnson manage quality players.? My mind says a big NO!!!

Would you describe Jamie McCallister as a yes man rather than quality? Because I bloody well wouldn't!!!

Archived