IGNORED

Tip For Dw

Bristol Boy

Unless we have a major loan signing, a striker would be nice, I won't bother my arse to make the 300 mile round trip to the Gate.

However, as always I want to see the team do well so here's a few tips:

1.Change the formation, it's stale.

2.Drop Peacock he doesn't look like scoring and forget all this tosh about work rate, it's goals that count.Other strikers manage to work hard AND Score!!

3.Drop Butler. He's slow, makes Coles a nervous wreck and adds nothing in either area.

4.Either play Wilkshire in central midfield or not at all.

5.Give Aaron Brown one last try.

6.Drop Micky Bell he'll be gone at the end of the season and has lost his attacking prowess and free kick ability, plus pace.

7.Give Lita his chance for the next 3/4 games and if he doesn't cut it,give Roberts a go. As I've said, I'd prefer a signing or two but knowing you we'll be scrabbling around a day before this months deadline, so I don't expect you to do anything

Please surprise me!

Try this to get your best attacking XI & Midfield on the pitch.To labour any thoughts of automatic promotion we MUST win every home game.

.................................................Phillips.........................................................

......................Carey...................Coles.....................Hill................................

Goodfellow.................Wilkshire............Doherty............Tinnion..............Brown....

...................................Lita.......................Miller............................................

Subs

Peacock

Fortune

Roberts

Burnell

Brown M

If Hill isn't fit play Fortune.

Cue: Same 4-4-2 & Same Players from DW.

Unless we have a major loan signing, a striker would be nice, I won't bother my arse to make the 300 mile round trip to the Gate.

However, as always I want to see the team do well so here's a few tips:

1.Change the formation, it's stale.

2.Drop Peacock he doesn't look like scoring and forget all this tosh about work rate, it's goals that count.Other strikers manage to work hard AND Score!!

3.Drop Butler. He's slow, makes Coles a nervous wreck and adds nothing in either area.

4.Either play Wilkshire in central midfield or not at all.

5.Give Aaron Brown one last try.

6.Drop Micky Bell he'll be gone at the end of the season and has lost his attacking prowess and free kick ability, plus pace.

7.Give Lita his chance for the next 3/4 games and if he doesn't cut it,give Roberts a go. As I've said, I'd prefer a signing or two but knowing you we'll be scrabbling around a day before this months deadline, so I don't expect you to do anything

Please surprise me!

Try this to get your best attacking XI & Midfield on the pitch.To labour any thoughts of automatic promotion we MUST win every home game.

.................................................Phillips.........................................................

......................Carey...................Coles.....................Hill................................

Goodfellow.................Wilkshire............Doherty............Tinnion..............Brown....

...................................Lita.......................Miller............................................

Subs

Peacock

Fortune

Roberts

Burnell

Brown M

If Hill isn't fit play Fortune.

Cue: Same 4-4-2 & Same Players from DW.

A very pacey midfield and forward line picked by the Bristol Boy that would probably smash the pesky vermin that are the Rushden and Diamonds. I like the idea of starting with that 5 midfielder midfield - lots of possibilities and permutations for setting up and scoring goals :P

Up the City

I'm sorry to say this but that 3-5-2 formation with those players would get slaughtered. I never thought I would hear myself say this but "Thank god Wilson is the manager" Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

I do agree with points 2 , 4 though.

I'm sorry to say this but that 3-5-2 formation with those players would get slaughtered. I never thought I would hear myself say this but "Thank god Wilson is the manager" Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

I do agree with points 2 , 4 though.

Whereas our 4-4-2 has earned us 1 point out of nine and scored 1 goal, you're right,let's leave things as they are.

Whereas our 4-4-2 has earned us 1 point out of nine and scored 1 goal, you're right,let's leave things as they are.

Get a brain I did not say things should be left as they are. Just that playing the 3-5-2 formation with those players in those positions makes Danny Wilsons tactics look good which they clearly are not.

I would like to see Goodfellow start on the left of midfield with a Miller/Lita or Miller/Roberts combination up front.

Its the right wing that is the main problem as we still don't have a right midfielder in the club.

Get a brain I did not say things should be left as they are. Just that playing the 3-5-2 formation with those players in those positions makes Danny Wilsons tactics look good which they clearly are not.

I would like to see Goodfellow  start on the left of midfield with a Miller/Lita or Miller/Roberts combination up front.

Its the right wing that is the main problem as we still don't have a right midfielder in the club.

Yep, the right midfield is still the problem area after the departure of super Scott Murray. I also think that Goodfellow should start and I maintain that Goodfellow is one of the best prospects at this club and a real bargain at £100,000.

I would like to see Goodfellow  start on the left of midfield with a Miller/Lita or Miller/Roberts combination up front.

Yes, that's beacause DW signed a left winger after months of searching for a right winger.

That may lead one to question his judgement somewhat, nes't pas?

Yes, that's beacause DW signed a left winger after months of searching for a right winger.

That may lead one to question his judgement somewhat, nes't pas?

Just goes to illustrate how bad I think your tactical thinking is.

And just the 11 wins on the trot and second place in Division Two.

And at least four of the eleven, we were lucky the opposition strikers were actually worse than our lethal variety. We have been sussed, we have no choice if we want the promised (PLEASE) land of Div1, we have to change it.

Drop Leapy, Aaron, and Tony if we want any chance of going up.

How long did it take to get Burnell out of the side in midfield?

How many times does it take to say Wilks and Goodfella aint right wingers? Even Robbo aint, but he is the best we CURRENTLY have, but he is a striker.

Why sub Miller every time around 65-70 mins for Leroy?

Great while it lasted, but we were rarely truly convincing during it, enjoyed it, now we gotta start again, before troops morale goes down due to the lack of GOALS!

Archived