IGNORED

2006-2007

Big Red Rich

I'm currently 4th with City in my second season in the Prem. My current line up is:

GK Phillips

DL Jermaine Darlington

DR Anton Ferdinand

DC Leon Cort

DC Matej Mavric

MR Roberts

MC Doherty

MC Lampard

ML Pedro Munitis

FC Orri Freyr Oskarsson

FC Chi Yung Watson

I got given an english 17 year old, Chi Yung Watson, through my academy at the start of the season. Another poor start to the season so i thought i put him in and see how he does. 22 games later he has 27 goals in all competitions including SIX in ONE game!!

So, my advice to anyone is the Prem with City, try some of your youngsters and see how they get on, you might be pleasantly surprised!!

BRR

• Admin

Just finished my 2006/07 season and managed to retain my Premiership & FA Cup titles, adding the title of "European Champions" for good measure :)

It's definitely "a squad game" at my Bristol City so it's probably better to list the main players in each position.....

Goalies

Colin Stewart, Graham Stack, Kasper Schmeichel

Full Backs

Danny Coid, Shaun Barker, Amoreirinha, Simon Francis, Kevin Amankwaah, Matt Hill

Centre Backs

Martin Albrechtsen, Kevin Dawson, Kevin Amankwaah, Clarke Carlisle, Matt Hill

Defensive Midfielders

Tommy Doherty, Simon Francis, David Mendes dá Silva

Left Midfielders

Lionel Morgan, David Bell, Richie Partidge, Stephen Pearson, Aaron Brown

Centre Midfielders

Luis Rafael Santos (re-named Rafael), David Bell, Stephen Pearson, Marvin Brown, Cherno Samba, þorarinn Brynjar Kristjansson, Lionel Morgan, Christian Roberts

Right Midfielders

Richie Partidge, David Bell, Stephen Pearson, Marvin Brown

Strikers

þorarinn Brynjar Kristjansson, Georgi Kakalov, Christian Roberts, Gustavo Bobadilla, Cherno Samba, Lee Miller, Marvin Brown

The above has taken a liberal amount of "position training" on the players' individual training options.

Although I have several options in all positions a lot of my selection comes down to who I'm playing and how long it is to my next game and who it's against. For instance, say I'm away to 12th place on the Saturday with 7th place following in midweek I'd pick the stronger side for the away game and allow a weaker team to take to the field for the home game hoping home advantage would outweigh the weaker selection (which to be fair it usually does).

Nevertheless, if I'm about to play the European Cup Final or something, my team would probably be along the lines of.....

..................Stewart..................

Barker, Amankwaah, Albrechtsen, Coid,

.............Mendes dá Silva.............

Bell ............ Rafael ............ Morgan

......Kristjansson ...... Kakalov......

Subs:

Roberts

Pearson

Partridge

Dawson

Stack

(Hill)

(Samba/Brown)

• Admin
Richie Partridge is an excellent signing. Signed him on a free after winning promotion to Div 1, following season in the Prem he's worth a about £5m.

Scores a few goals as well.

Noticed that he's a bit of a ball hog though and is probably the biggest culprit in my squad of shooting (over/wide) when there has been better placed people to pass to. Hence his role as first sub in big games.

Guest spudweiser30

i picked up a dean morgan from someone or somewhere, he seems to be a brilliant striker scoring 15 from 12 games, and he is only 20 or something

i picked up a dean morgan from someone or somewhere, he seems to be a brilliant striker scoring 15 from 12 games, and he is only 20 or something
he starts at Wimbledon, one game they released him on a free.

This last game I've been trying to play City while playing more orginal City players. Seem to lose patience with the same ones that I always sell and the ones who are class always tend to be class.

Guest spudweiser30

i have got most of the original players, but Matty Hill went to blackburn for 3million, and the tinman retired but is a coach with my reserves. i also picked some other youngster up the other day on a free cant remember his name but he is a quality midfielder in attack and defense scored a few as well...

Same Here.

On Championship Manager 02/03 I had this player though the academy called Ronnie Wilson. He was only 14 when he came though. at 16 i gave him a start because he scored loadsa goals in reserves and since Lee Peacock was out for 6 MONTHS. I put Wilson in and he socred 2 on debut and since then he has scored 250 goals in 6 seaons. Bristol City Rock the premiership with him. He is still only 22 and has a 8 year contract

Guest spudweiser30

i got him as well and have played him a few times not a bad youngster but still got a lot to learn, he got a bit of a attraction to red cards of late so i bumped him back to my reserves!!!

Archived