IGNORED

Yeovil Away

Cardy

I am going to Yeovil on Saturday on my own (not because I'm a Billy but because I am meeting a mate down there) and was wondering if anyone from the Nailsea/Backwell/Clevedon area would like a lift or can give me a lift. I will be looking to get to Yeovil between 12 and 1 in order to have a pint and get something to eat. Straight home after the game.

Also does anyone know the best place to park and which pub to head for ?

Thanks

Pub(yes there is only one close enough, approx 1 mile) is probably home fans only now due to Forest shenanigans, B*gger of a ground to get to as area not designed for large away following, ie one road in no coppers directing football traffic etc.

Agree re club carpark, was like an extra half had been played before we got out last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lets hope its dry!!

There are 3 pubs WITHIN a mile of the ground, The Arrow being the closest in the housing estate opposite the ground. I am unaware of any restrictions to BCFC supporters and hope that none are in place as the debacle in Nottingham i believe was a one off and would not happen again.

Hope to see BCFC fans in the pubs before and after the game......whatever the result!!

I stand corrected by your superior local knowledge!! Where are the other two? I think the Arrow is the one I drank in before our pre-season friendly two years ago, a result I would love to see again on Saturday(4-0 I believe..........)

There is a Hungry Horse place and a Brewsters type thing.

To get to the Hungry Horse, from the roundabout with Asda, head past the entrance to Asda (away from the Roundabout - Preston Road), pub is on the right at the bottom of the hill.

The Airfield Tavern, if you come into Yeovil from the Cartgate Roundabout (A3088), left at the first roundabout, left at the 2nd, pub is on your left hand side

If you come into Yeovil from the Ilchester turn on the A303, there is a pub called the Halfway House which is pretty decent

You shouldn't get any bother in any of these to be honest, although the Arrow is the closest to the ground, it has had a bit of trouble :disapointed2se:

Archived