IGNORED

On A Positive Note..

greenun

Until the middle of this season, I was of the opinion that racism was virtually non-existent in football. Since then these two incidents:

1. at brentford, a city fan called the asian Ref a 'packie-b*****d', I immediately turned to him and before i could say anything he said 'sorry mate'

2. Leaving hillsboro, with city shirt and a sheff wed shouts from a car 'one-nil you black b*****d!' Although I'm not black, I was still livid!

Although this happened I'm still of the opinion that racism is virtually non-existent.

But I think this latest campaign is more about employing black/ethnic people as coach's/managers. My opinion is that there maybe few black/ethnic coach's/managers, but its just one of those things not racism.

1. at brentford, a city fan called the asian Ref a 'packie-b*****d', I immediately turned to him and before i could say anything he said 'sorry

I hope you reported this to a stuard , even if the bloke did appologize , racism anywhere not just in football is unnaceptable.

Guest UptheOwls
2. Leaving hillsboro, with city shirt and a sheff wed shouts from a car 'one-nil you black b*****d!' Although I'm not black, I was still livid!
Disgraceful.

I've never heard racist comments EVER at hillsborough since Ive been going - nor chanting. Its much of a minority up here, but to see stuff like that happening is appalling.

Until the middle of this season, I was of the opinion that racism was virtually non-existent in football. Since then these two incidents:

1. at brentford, a city fan called the asian Ref a 'packie-b*****d', I immediately turned to him and before i could say anything he said 'sorry mate'

Although this happened I'm still of the opinion that racism is virtually non-existent.

But I think this latest campaign is more about employing black/ethnic people as coach's/managers. My opinion is that there maybe few black/ethnic coach's/managers, but its just one of those things not racism.

Coaches, as with all other professions, should be offered employement on the basis of their ability and nothing else.

Offering someone a job because they are black, white, pink or a martian is just patronising.

Coaches, as with all other professions, should be offered employement on the basis of their ability and nothing else.

Offering someone a job because they are black, white, pink or a martian is just patronising.

BB, this will help to explain what Kick It Out stand for;

http://www.kickitout.org/index.php?id=2

The long-term goal of our anti-racist group, will be to demonstrate to ethnic minorities that Ashton Gate is a safe environment for them to enjoy watching Bristol City Football Club.

Unfortunately (and it's very difficult to phrase this WITHOUT sounding , at best nonPC or at worst racist) you don't see many ,if any , black or mixed race faces down the gate. You just don't see them, unless you know different and I am sat in a peculiar part of the Dolman! It is sad. :clap:
No, you're absolutely right.

I understand that at the majority of League clubs, only 1% of attendees are from ethnic minorities.

That's the sorry statistic we're striving to improve, with a positive message and bloody hard work.

Asians prefer cricket - dont know why :clap:

you get a few black people going down the city ground.

But I think if you asked the average black/asian man why he didnt go to football, he would'nt put it down to racism, I'm sure.

This surprised the hell out of me, thought theyd got over this b****** up there!!

Asians prefer cricket - dont know why :clap:

you get a few black people going down the city ground.

But I think if you asked the average black/asian man why he didnt go to football, he would'nt put it down to racism, I'm sure.

Na, aload of us asked me mate to come whose Black and he loved it! He been a few times but said the atmosphere was poor(An Ex Man City Season Ticket Holder) But in the East End he loved it so he will be there Friday!

Fine.

Now all they have to do is get the stewards to put the damn thing into practice and I will be happy. Having reported some fans for racially abusing our own players and seen complete inaction (as previously reported on the Ask Steve L forum) I don't hold out much hope. :clap:

Archived