IGNORED

A Win Tonight Is A Must!

Barrs Court Red

If only because it raises the prospect of a tie against Rovers in the next round.

I think it's the type of boost and distraction that could be needed right now. What could be better than a packed out Gate against Rovers, in a game they would not fancy at all.

NOTHING captures the imagination like it apart from Playoff finals.

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure I want us to win tonight.

If I was GJ I'd play the half the academy and half the reserves (so as not to damage the confidence of the first XI), and take the slap on the wrist.

The competition is nothing but a distraction and an opportunity to get injured unless you get to the final. Even getting to the final distracts players during the crucial promotion run in. We have a threadbare squad.

Promotion is about a trillion times more important and playing in this cup could seriously hamper that.

Controversial but I'm verging on hoping we go out. Not sure I can really want City to lose but it's close...

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure I want us to win tonight.

If I was GJ I'd play the half the academy and half the reserves (so as not to damage the confidence of the first XI), and take the slap on the wrist.

The competition is nothing but a distraction and an opportunity to get injured unless you get to the final. Even getting to the final distracts players during the crucial promotion run in. We have a threadbare squad.

Promotion is about a trillion times more important and playing in this cup could seriously hamper that.

Controversial but I'm verging on hoping we go out. Not sure I can really want City to lose but it's close...

If you're a supporter you always want what's best for the club. :city:

In which case you wouldn't want us in the draw for the next round of this worthless competition. ;)

So you never went to Wembley in the 80's and 2000 then Nogbad?

Didn't go to the Millenium and cheer when City scored then?

Winning this competition in 02/03 was a piss poor second prize after we lost to Cardiff in the playoffs.

Would you rather be where they are now or where we are with one extra meaningless trophy?

So you never went to Wembley in the 80's and 2000 then Nogbad?

Didn't go to the Millenium and cheer when City scored then?

I've been to them all.

Hard to raise a cheer against Carlisle, it was such a crap game.

Interesting you mention Wembley, it's impossible to get excited at the thought of going back to the Millennium again after Brighton, especially for a competition that simply doesn't matter.

I'd like to think i'd have the wherewithall to not buy a ticket if we progress to the final this time, and i'm a self-confessed City fanatic.

I'm hoping the prospect of having to make that irksome decision will be unnecessary by 10 0'clock tonight.

Winning this competition in 02/03 was a piss poor second prize after we lost to Cardiff in the playoffs.

Would you rather be where they are now or where we are with one extra meaningless trophy?

Interesting use of the word "after", since we beat Carlisle at the Mill Stad in early April, more than a month before we lost to Cardiff (and indeed. there were still six game left to play in the League).

I wasn't aware that we had a choice between (a) winning the final in Cardiff or (b) going on to get promotion. I guess Danny must have wanted both - greedy thing :farmer:

I wasn't aware that we had a choice between (a) winning the final in Cardiff or (b) going on to get promotion. I guess Danny must have wanted both - greedy thing :farmer:

Of course there isn't a straight choice but the fact is we drew and lost league games we should have won after that final.

Don't you think that the distraction of playing in a final might have had an effect?

Do you think that the added risk of injury, fatigue from a piled up fixture list and distraction possibly damaging our promotion chances are worth one quaint memory of a junior cup final day that means bugger all in the long run?

Nibor, all ifs and buts.

Fact is, we lost to Cardiff after seeing them off in the league, they are why they are because they were up for it over 2 legs and we failed. You arguement has no basis of fact, only opinion and only mentions the final as a "factor".

End of the day, everymatch is there to win, and any professional should aim to do his best in what is put infront of him.

You arguement has no basis of fact, only opinion and only mentions the final as a "factor".

Our results after the LDV final are there for all to see and they are facts. It's my opinion that the LDV final contributed to those results. My opinion therefore has a basis in fact.

End of the day, everymatch is there to win, and any professional should aim to do his best in what is put infront of him.

Of course they should and any club should do it's utmost to be as successful as possible and I believe that taking the LDV seriously is going to be counterproductive to being successful. Were we to win it that would be a tiny success compared to promotion.

If you think that taking the LDV seriously will have no effect on our promotion campaign or is worth it even if it does then fair enough.

• Admin

A team made up of squad players needing a game and academy kids would be fine with me. Winning the game would be a bonus.

The prospect of losing more first teamers through injury is a risk which can be minimised - simply don't select them tonight. We're down to the bare bones as it is.

We can field a pretty strong team made up of squad and academy players who would give Orient a good contest and take a 5k fine.

As it happens, tonight gave us an opportunity to a) try out a new system, b) give squad members who have been out of the side lately a chance to get a game under their belt & c) give Jevons & Corr a game together to help build a partnership before possibly being paired together on Saturday.

Archived