IGNORED

Taking Over Yeovil

Barrs Court Red

Have they got Pubs in Yeovil??

:farmer:

Ah good point, the thought didn't cross my mind.

They probably have coach houses where weary stage coach travellers can stop while the horses are changed.

And lots of farm made Cider????? Could be messy.

Can anyone confirm if Yeovil has pubs, or indeed elecrticity, use pound sterling and speak modern English rather than the medievil stuff?

So, what's changed then?

He knows what to do now after studying the Deliverence film for a year. :ph34r:

There is a Beefeater pub a walk down the road, town centre way, or Coopers Mill which is a bit further on still. Thats a good watering hole.

Failing that, there is a pub deep within the housing estate with your usual chippy and shops etc

But I was there last year. And the friendly the year before, were you?

Just getting in the spirit. No need to cry, we all know you have a soft spot for yeovil seeing as the man of your dreams plays there.

Yes I was. That's how I know the nearest pubs are The Arrow and The Bell, the ground is miles from the station and parking is good but getting out again is a bloody nightmare.

Some tips from me:

>So then, what pubs are nearest the ground and what are they like?

Not exactly.

There is a Brewers Fayre pub on a roundabout opposite Westlands on the way in but thats a family pub and full of Yeovil normally.

There is a Hungry Horse pub down the road, past Asda but quite a walk.

Best bet is The Arrow which is a large modern pub on the Abbey Manor housing estate.

>How far is it from the station and how far to the town center?

Miles away! Town centre is about 3 miles and station is 6 miles away - its not even in Yeovil!

>Are they bars in the home end concourse?

No.

>How about parking, is it ok?

Don't park at the ground, you'll never get out.

Best bet is to park on the Houndstone Business Park or around the side streets of the housing estate.

One Team

>How far is it from the station and how far to the town center?

Miles away! Town centre is about 3 miles and station is 6 miles away - its not even in Yeovil!

Wrong train station, you are thinking of Yeovil Junction which serves the Exter - London line, you would be coming into Pen Mill which is about 5 min walk to the town centre, first pub you'd come to would be a Wetherspoons.

Wrong train station, you are thinking of Yeovil Junction which serves the Exter - London line, you would be coming into Pen Mill which is about 5 min walk to the town centre, first pub you'd come to would be a Wetherspoons.

Thanks for this. I was a bit concerned when I read the first reply.

How long would the walk take to get from the ground to Pen Mill? Our train leaves at about 6pm.

Any suggestions for a decent boozer in the town?

BEST PUB DEFF "THE BELL"-GO TO ASDA ROUNDABOUT,1/2 MILE TOWARDS TOWN ON PRESTON ROAD.

HOME OF ALL YEOVIL REDS.

IT IS HUNGRY HORSE PUB,CHEAP FOOD,STELLA & CIDER.

MOST PEOPLE ARRIVING AROUND 12 ISH.

BELL it is then !

How long will walk take?

Is it best to park near Ground and walk to Bell or Park at Bell etc etc ?

Thanks for this. I was a bit concerned when I read the first reply.

How long would the walk take to get from the ground to Pen Mill? Our train leaves at about 6pm.

Any suggestions for a decent boozer in the town?

It's probably a good 1/2 - 3/4 hour walk from the ground to Pen Mill, so my advice is make sure you know the way otherwise you'll never make it. Is that the last train back to the bright lights? Only other thing you could do is book a taxi from the Bell for around 5.30

As for pubs in town then I suggest either of these, Wetherspoons, Globetrotters or The Alex

BELL it is then !

How long will walk take?

Is it best to park near Ground and walk to Bell or Park at Bell etc etc ?

Depends on how quick you want to get away. If you are in a rush, then park near the ground if not then park at the Bell as you'd walk there quicker after the game than driving there

He knows what to do now after studying the Deliverence film for a year. :ph34r:

There is a Beefeater pub a walk down the road, town centre way, or Coopers Mill which is a bit further on still. Thats a good watering hole.

Failing that, there is a pub deep within the housing estate with your usual chippy and shops etc

all you have to remember rayer is to bring your ticket with you

That's a great site and a really impressive review of visiting YTFC. Any train travellers, I can advise you that it's a fair trek into the town centre, even from Pen Mill station and you can basically forget walking from Pen Mill to the ground unless you've got 1.5 hours.

It's probably a good 1/2 - 3/4 hour walk from the ground to Pen Mill, so my advice is make sure you know the way otherwise you'll never make it. Is that the last train back to the bright lights? Only other thing you could do is book a taxi from the Bell for around 5.30

I've walked it before and it takes a good deal longer than 3/4 hour, unless you were going to run it. I'd get a taxi back from the ground if you have to make the 6pm train, there's a okay-ish pub next to the train station entrance if you get there early.

That's a great site and a really impressive review of visiting YTFC. Any train travellers, I can advise you that it's a fair trek into the town centre, even from Pen Mill station and you can basically forget walking from Pen Mill to the ground unless you've got 1.5 hours.

I've walked it before and it takes a good deal longer than 3/4 hour, unless you were going to run it. I'd get a taxi back from the ground if you have to make the 6pm train, there's a okay-ish pub next to the train station entrance if you get there early.

Simple - get down there early - quick walk into town then taxis at half two.

The pub by the train station is currenty closed.

Which way did you walk? Via Ilchester? Straight down Preston Road (past the Asda entrance) keep going till you get to a roundabout, turn right, down to the next one, then left, follow this road all the way to a mini roundabout then right, train station on your left

Archived