IGNORED

Hats Off To Bristol Boy......

Mr Mosquito

Given any poor performance by BCFC's highly paid management and playing staff, Bristol Boy is always there to put them and their happy clappy fan club straight with forthright argument.

Bristol Boy is the voice of reasoned argument in my opinion. I don't know Bristol Boy but he always seems to have something interesting and topical to write about BCFC. Bristol Boy probably provides the most relevant and critical analysis on this forum - making him one of this forum's best posters. :clap:

Keep it up BB :clap:

Up the City

Bristol Boy admits that in his "DW Must Resign" post he is "playing Devil's Advocate".

Yes propaganda indeed...

"Devil's Advocate" - defending the indefensible? or stating fact? - you decide :clap:

At the end of the day we all want promotion but will it be with Wilson this season or without Wilson next season? :P

Whatever you think, Bristol Boy got the debate going well with his "DW must resign" post.

Up the City (whether that be with or without Wilson) :clap:

Bristol Boy admits that in his "DW Must Resign" post he is "playing Devil's Advocate".

Yes propaganda indeed...

And you beleive DW when he says owt then??

May need a striker on loan!!! as an example...........

Honest appraisal, and discussion of the clubs success/failings should be the norm, not the happy clappys exclusive views. If people didnt feel strongly about this they wouldnt post, either way, but b***** me there are loads on it, so there are a lot of views either way. If he's playing devils advocate, he's still doing a good job

Yes there are views either way,and disagreeing with the Danny knows nothing brigade makes you a "happy Clappy" for your pains.I come on here to discuss my beloved team,not to dodge teddys and toys being thrown out of prams.

Exuse me then from joining in praise of"bristol boy"

And that Devils Advocate guff dont wash either,the guys been waiting for his own team to fail so that he can carry on his abuse of the manager.

Is that "happy clappy" enough?

No, that's a valid opinion and well worth reading and it adds value to the debate on our continuing Div 2 status under Danny Wilson and Co.

If these arguments inject a little more urgency into the heads of Danny Wilson and Co to beat the trash that are Rushden, Swinedon, Plymuff and Co then I'll be happy.

Up the City

Agreeing with one view or another is fine whether its Bristol Boy, Glos Boy,Man in the moon Boy; dont like the labeling of posts/posters though,i.e. happy clappy or what ever, much better to agree/disagree or say nothing. Why try to belittle fellow City fans for just expressing an opinion :clap:

I'd love to be part of any future BCFC 'happy clappy fan club' but while I'm frothing and foaming at the mouth and grating my teeth watching my beloved BCFC lose to the lowlife of Div 2 I'm very far from happy :clap:

Up the City

Yes there are views either way,and disagreeing with the Danny knows nothing brigade makes you a "happy Clappy" for your pains.I come on here to discuss my beloved team,not to dodge teddys and toys being thrown out of prams.

Exuse me then from joining in praise of"bristol boy"

And that Devils Advocate guff dont wash either,the guys been waiting for his own team to fail so that he can carry on his abuse of the manager.

I assure you I haven't watched Bristol City, home & away, for around 38 years to be a glory hunter or Victor Meldrew and nobody want's City to win more than I do.

I think I've watched City at around eighty of the ninety two Nationwide League Clubs and some like Aldershot & Barnet that are now non league

During "the 11 game run," I appraised the team fairly, I thought, for their performances.

Look back and review the match reports and tell me if they weren't honest.

After the Sheff Weds game, you didn't hear much criticism from me and I think I said we've played worse and won.

I have consistently said that we aren't scoring enough goals and killing teams off and that, I regret, has come home to roost.Our defensive inability from set pieces has not been cured.

What I don't like about Wilson is his policy of being change averse.It's not disloyal to drop a centre forward who isn't scoring, it's downright sensible.

It takes him ages to spot simple things or if not, he's just plain stubborn.

For example the JB/TD central midfield pairing that was going nowhere without Murray as an outlet or Wilkshire wide in midfield.

People forget that the change started when BT & LW combined in central midfield.Some of us had been posting that for months. It also gave TD the kick up the arse that he needed to get fit after his mare at Wycombe and look at him now!.

Miller isn't good value at £365k in Div Two-We could have bought Sam Parkin,Leon Knight & Tommy Mooney for less than that.I'm not blaming Lee Miller, I'm blaming DW.

The Guy's paid a fortune by normal standards and just seems to be full of cliches when we underperform.

"If we need a loan signing??"

DW was talking about signing a midfielder himself 4-6 weeks ago and then there seemed to be some right back tracking when SL was interviewed on BCFC World-Look back at the interview and see for yourself.

He even cleared out Clist, Hulbert & Jones and has two players on loan to help with the wages.

"Good teams aren't bad teams overnight," "we're not doing a lot wrong," keep creating chances and the goals will come!"

Christ, it's like listening to a broken gramaphone record.

From the position we were in, the last three games could have clinched promotion.

Don't believe me?

Add eight points to our total and look at the gap between City & QPR in third.

It hasn't, so lets re-assess the situation and move forward, but for Christs sake lets wake up, smell the coffee, admit we've gone wrong and make some changes to put it right,while the chance is still there.

Miller isn't good value at £365k in Div Two-We could have bought Sam Parkin,Leon Knight & Tommy Mooney for less than that.I'm not blaming Lee Miller, I'm blaming DW.

The Guy's paid a fortune by normal standards and just seems to be full of cliches when we underperform.

"Bristol Boy probably provides the most relevant and critical analysis on this forum - making him one of this forum's best posters."

- you've proved correct - you're on a roll Bristol Boy and like cider head with his graphics you're wiping the floor with the other pretenders :clap::P

Good comment about the Swine capturing the services of the Parkin and Mooney goal machines at a fraction of the price we've paid for our 'strikers'.

After almost 4 seasons of the Wilson regime I can't honestly say I'm impressed and I'm glad that others share my sentiments.

Fair enough with Parkin I think we maybe should've had a look at him , I think he was out of contract at the end of last season?

Mooney is getting on a bit though. I think Miller is a quality signing, he's still so young. Not a quick fix option but definetly a great prospect for the future.

Danny went for youth over experience in the summer. Thats fine by me to be honest, but maybe with growing criticism of his management techniques he should've gone with experience.

so lets re-assess the situation and move forward, but for Christs sake lets wake up, smell the coffee, admit we've gone wrong and make some changes to put it right,while the chance is still there.

This is the most pertinent point to come out of this debate.We all want City to succeed but the problems stick out like bulldog's balls ,we can see them why can't DW ???

Given any poor performance by BCFC's highly paid management and playing staff, Bristol Boy is always there to put them and their happy clappy fan club straight with forthright argument.

Bristol Boy is the voice of reasoned argument in my opinion. I don't know Bristol Boy but he always seems to have something interesting and topical to write about BCFC. Bristol Boy probably provides the most relevant and critical analysis on this forum - making him one of this forum's best posters.  :clap:

Keep it up BB :clap:

Up the City

Could it be love? :clap:

Fair enough with Parkin I think we maybe should've had a look at him , I think he was out of contract at the end of last season?

Mooney is getting on a bit though. I think Miller is a quality signing, he's still so young. Not a quick fix option but definetly a great prospect for the future.

Danny went for youth over experience in the summer. Thats fine by me to be honest, but maybe with growing criticism of his management techniques he should've gone with experience.

To be honest it's about blend and what is affordable.

For example, Arsenal can sign a really promising kid for £1m as a gamble and leave him in the reserves or out on loan to develop over time.

We can't and £365k to City is like £10m to Arsenal.You need to sign someone who'll make a difference.

I gave Roberts huge stick last season and I'm still far from a fan, but, fair play to the bloke, he scored 18 goals and , I think, about 12/13 in the League.

Now, imagine his angst as he looks at the two current encumbents with 20 between them in appx 35 games.LP with no goals in NINE.

Lita is making the right noises but must have similar feelings deep down and be bursting for his chance.

What will we lose by giving him a start? Can you score less than none :clap:

I'd love to be part of any future BCFC 'happy clappy fan club' but while I'm frothing and foaming at the mouth and grating my teeth watching my beloved BCFC lose to the lowlife of Div 2 I'm very far from happy  :angry:

Up the City

Here Here, time for DW, and his underperformers, and talented players to shape up, or ship out. Enough taking the p***, if the team is serious about promotion we'll see them work themselves into the deck for this promotion, or there again, maybe not. DW, JUST DO IT!! No More Excuses!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

If we acheive promotion, i'll be a happy clappy, because thats what we all want, dont we? :angry::angry::angry::D:angry:

Here Here, time for DW, and his underperformers, and talented players to shape up, or ship out. Enough taking the p***, if the team is serious about promotion we'll see them work themselves into the deck for this promotion, or there again, maybe not. DW, JUST DO IT!! No More Excuses!! :)  :)  :D  :D

If we acheive promotion, i'll be a happy clappy, because thats what we all want, dont we?  :D  :)  :)  :)  :D

We all want promotion so we can all be happy clappy in Div 1 next season :D If we lose half our games in Div 1 next season and finish mid-table I'll be more than happy :P

In answer to Riazzi G, I'm actually in love with EastEndBootGal84 :D I'm hoping to invite her out for a spot of Leicester City FC fox hunting in Div 1 next season :D Tally Ho, Tally Ho :P

Up the City

We all want promotion so we can all be happy clappy in Div 1 next season :) If we lose half our games in Div 1 next season and finish mid-table I'll be more than happy  :P

In answer to Riazzi G, I'm actually in love with EastEndBootGal84  :) I'm hoping to invite her out for a spot of Leicester City FC fox hunting in Div 1 next season  :D Tally Ho, Tally Ho  :P

Up the City

:D Make Zye laugh!

Archived