IGNORED

Radio Bristol: Yeovil Love-in

milo1111

was i the only one who was fighting back the urge to chunder all the way home over the sickly and over the top love in between YTFC and twentypence and his colleagues this afternoon. yes, yeovil deservedly won the game and i normally think twentypence does a decent job but today was a joke.

all i heard was how amazing yeovil were (they were better than us, but i didnt think they were anything like as good as 20p was making out, e.g. their passing was almost as bad as ours, how many saves did basso make before the first goal??), how well gray played (ok he was lively, but i think 20p thought he was watching thierry henry) and how they played so well despite not having marcus stewart and losing terry skiverton so early. FFS there was hardly a mention from the 20p and his crew that we had five of our best players missing, including both our target men.

it reminded so much of the days when the rovurz were over at trumpton 'ooh look at us, we are so small but so brave. city are soooo arrogant and all their fans are evil beasts and we are all angels at such a homely family club'. with the media falling for it hook line and sinker.

there i was expecting a balanced view of something along the lines of 'niether team really got going' but yeovil edged it, but all i heard was how chelsea, sorry yeovil had played such scintilating football and how we were akin to a downs team.

people, i think we have found the new rovurz. someone to really dispise at long last :grr:

was i the only one who was fighting back the urge to chunder all the way home over the sickly and over the top love in between YTFC and twentypence and his colleagues this afternoon. yes, yeovil deservedly won the game and i normally think twentypence does a decent job but today was a joke.

all i heard was how amazing yeovil were (they were better than us, but i didnt think they were anything like as good as 20p was making out, e.g. their passing was almost as bad as ours, how many saves did basso make before the first goal??), how well gray played (ok he was lively, but i think 20p thought he was watching thierry henry) and how they played so well despite not having marcus stewart and losing terry skiverton so early. FFS there was hardly a mention from the 20p and his crew that we had five of our best players missing, including both our target men.

it reminded so much of the days when the rovurz were over at trumpton 'ooh look at us, we are so small but so brave. city are soooo arrogant and all their fans are evil beasts and we are all angels at such a homely family club'. with the media falling for it hook line and sinker.

there i was expecting a balanced view of something along the lines of 'niether team really got going' but yeovil edged it, but all i heard was how chelsea, sorry yeovil had played such scintilating football and how we were akin to a downs team.

people, i think we have found the new rovurz. someone to really dispise at long last :grr:

Get over yourself!! It might do Johnson and Lansdown some ###### good to be treated like second class citizens in charge of the "second" team in the West Country - hopefully it will shock them and hurt their pride enough to make sure the necessary action is taken by the new year so that we can finish the season more strongly than anyone else and at least claim second spot. Then, being the top team in the West Country will have some real meaning and will be achieved at the time it actually counts.

That is what I am hoping for and to be honest that is what I am expecting as well.

Guest OmegaSnake

I agree, i would of changed the station if i wasnt trying to get to sleep :Sleep12:

Guest yeovilmac

Its hardly our fault if GT thinks this, GT thinks that, is it? He's an ex-Gashead, do you expect him to be all warm and cuddly to you?

You had five players missing. So what. You have one of the richest men in football as your chairman, you got £2 million for Partridge, you're only paying a portion of your highest earners wages etc etc. Thats all your clubs fault, no-one elses. Bloody well get someone decent in on loan, you can afford him. Stop blaming everyone else but yourselves for your problems. We had to get Martin Brittain ( no.12 ) in on loan this week and he was brilliant today, why can't you? Its your fault, end of.

As for despising us, its football we're talking about. Despising? Grow up.

Guest redrebel

Its hardly our fault if GT thinks this, GT thinks that, is it? He's an ex-Gashead, do you expect him to be all warm and cuddly to you?

You had five players missing. So what. You have one of the richest men in football as your chairman, you got £2 million for Partridge, you're only paying a portion of your highest earners wages etc etc. Thats all your clubs fault, no-one elses. Bloody well get someone decent in on loan, you can afford him. Stop blaming everyone else but yourselves for your problems. We had to get Martin Brittain ( no.12 ) in on loan this week and he was brilliant today, why can't you? Its your fault, end of.

Any more posts like yours which is so full of sh1te and I think more City fans will despise Yeovil.If you spend so much time infesting our Board and presuming you can read, then you will note that as far as the majority of City fans are concerned blame lies with our Manager and players.So stick your advice up your rear end and let's see if you have got so much mouth at the end of the season. Oh and by the way we got nothing for Partridge ' he is still at the club but we got £2million for Dave Cotterill.

Guest OmegaSnake

Any more posts like yours which is so full of sh1te and I think more City fans will despise Yeovil.If you spend so much time infesting our Board and presuming you can read, then you will note that as far as the majority of City fans are concerned blame lies with our Manager and players.So stick your advice up your rear end and let's see if you have got so much mouth at the end of the season. Oh and by the way we got nothing for Partridge ' he is still at the club but we got £2million for Dave Cotterill.

Agree with you, the more posts i read from yeovil, the more i'm starting to not like them, which is unfair because there's alot of nice yeovil supporters. They win one game againsts us, and they're treating it like the biggest win in the history of there club. How many of our fans went onto there forum to try and wind up there fans when we won at AG? Probably none.

Guest eurolohr

very good red but you lost ha ha ha and we did not have steward and when we lost jevens weale the phiso johnson the boss and his little boy johnson did we fight each other no i cant waite for weale to play

Guest Jack Adams

How many of our fans went onto there forum to try and wind up there fans when we won at AG? Probably none.

Er, quite a few actually!

Yer.........blooming Gloveheads!

:rofl2br:

This whole village team thing really gets on Yeovil's wick doesn't it? They really shouldn't be so bothered about it, if the jibes relate to attendances then they shouldn't be so sensitive. Rovers get 4-5,000 at home at the moment and the attendance at Huish Park was 9,009. Hardly village is it? Look at Colchester in the championship 5,393 against Cardiff City, the league leaders who probably brought 1,500 or as many as they could.

Yeovil: be proud of what you've done and don't react to petty taunts about your "village" status. Concentrate on your achievements over the past 3-4 years and try to avoid smugness.....

This Yeovilmac chap lives in Bristol I think, so he's probably got more of a personal axe to grind than most.

Guest SOMERSET 4EVER

You really prove yourselves not knowing anything about football do you.

No wonder you are so shite when fans like you don't realise how low your club is.

Get a life,your in the dire and its not going to get any better until you get out of your massive debt.

Your just like Leeds,big club,your having a laugh. :farmer:

Guest Behind Gary

What the heck are you doing on our private forum! :farmer:

Get back to yer pasties and milking Daisy the heffer! :nana:

true its not your fault what GT thinks. but i didnt say that and at the end of the day, GT is a broadcaster for the BBC (hardly a half-baked organisation) he should report in a fair and unbias way, whether he used to play for the rovurz or not.

You had five players missing. So what. that does tend to affect the performance of a team, apart from maybe chelsea. how would man utd play without rooney, scholes, neville and ronaldo?? I'm talking in relative terms obviously

You have one of the richest men in football as your chairman, you got £2 million for Partridge, it was cottrell that we sold for £2m.

you're only paying a portion of your highest earners wages etc etc. didnt mention anything about us paying half of MS wages in my post

Thats all your clubs fault, no-one elses. Bloody well get someone decent in on loan, you can afford him. Stop blaming everyone else but yourselves for your problems. We had to get Martin Brittain ( no.12 ) in on loan this week and he was brilliant today, why can't you? Its your fault, end of. true, we should of recruited to cover the loss. where did this brittan play?? i couldnt really see any brilliant players on the pitch today. gray was good as was the sub who scored the first goal. but no one was brilliant surely.

As for despising us, its football we're talking about. Despising? Grow up. fair point maybe, but i was jarred off with hearing all the yeovil fans jotting out the party line of what a small club you were and how brave you were, utter, utter, tommy rolloxs. which in my book makes you worth despising, obviously not in a real personal sense, but in a football fan sense, which is the context within which these forums operate.

very good red but you lost ha ha ha and we did not have steward and when we lost jevens weale the phiso johnson the boss and his little boy johnson did we fight each other no i cant waite for weale to play

can we get a somerset interpreter in to decifer this. i don't get it :)

Guest come_on_you_greens

:handbags::handbags: ooooohhh get her!!

Please despise us, we really couldn't give a ----!!!

You were abysmal today, Johnson (x2) and Jevons all seemed a bit put out by the reception they recieved which worked to our advantage - for example Jevons shooting from miles out :laugh:

The game as a whole was pretty poor from both sides IMO with both of us badly lacking the final ball.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and all that :nana:

QUOTE(eurolohr @ Nov 4 2006, 9:55 PM)

can we get a somerset interpreter in to decifer this. i don't get it

I know what hes trying to type, but give the bloke a break cos its bloody hard when you have that many fingers touching the keyboard.

Guest yeovilmac

This whole village team thing really gets on Yeovil's wick doesn't it? They really shouldn't be so bothered about it, if the jibes relate to attendances then they shouldn't be so sensitive. Rovers get 4-5,000 at home at the moment and the attendance at Huish Park was 9,009. Hardly village is it? Look at Colchester in the championship 5,393 against Cardiff City, the league leaders who probably brought 1,500 or as many as they could.

Yeovil: be proud of what you've done and don't react to petty taunts about your "village" status. Concentrate on your achievements over the past 3-4 years and try to avoid smugness.....

This Yeovilmac chap lives in Bristol I think, so he's probably got more of a personal axe to grind than most.

Hi Redminster,

Correct. I live in Kingswood, though I wouldn't say I have more of a personal axe to grind. I have had a few City mates take the p**s out of me this week just gone and its nice to see them go all quiet tonight.

Milo1111,

At last a decent response. Thank you. :clapping:

Firstly, apologies for muddling up Partridge and Cotterill. The point still remains though that you got £2 million for him and while I appreciate the deal was done very close to deadline (??), the deal didn't come from nowhere, SL must have known it was coming and could have made arrangements to bring someone else in.

Re Marcus Stewarts wages. I was just making the point that theres even more money available to bring someone in.

Martin Brittain played no.12 on the right wing. I thought he was brilliant today and others agreed. I respect your opinion is different.

As far as the "small club" thing goes, well look at the songs you were planning to sing today ( obviously not you personally ), look at the posts of the last seven days, taking the piss out of Yeovil being a small village. Yeovil can't help being small in comparison to Bristol, can it? Any reason to demean us? There are many teams above City in the football pyramid from smaller places than Bristol, it probably narks you more that this particular club is only 45 miles away.

But thanks anyway for a reasoned response.

:handbags::handbags: ooooohhh get her!!

The game as a whole was pretty poor from both sides IMO with both of us badly lacking the final ball.

at last a yeovil fan with a proper perspective of what actually took place today.

Hi Redminster,

Correct. I live in Kingswood, though I wouldn't say I have more of a personal axe to grind. I have had a few City mates take the p**s out of me this week just gone and its nice to see them go all quiet tonight.

Milo1111,

At last a decent response. Thank you. :clapping:

Firstly, apologies for muddling up Partridge and Cotterill. The point still remains though that you got £2 million for him and while I appreciate the deal was done very close to deadline (??), the deal didn't come from nowhere, SL must have known it was coming and could have made arrangements to bring someone else in.

Re Marcus Stewarts wages. I was just making the point that theres even more money available to bring someone in.

Martin Brittain played no.12 on the right wing. I thought he was brilliant today and others agreed. I respect your opinion is different.

As far as the "small club" thing goes, well look at the songs you were planning to sing today ( obviously not you personally ), look at the posts of the last seven days, taking the piss out of Yeovil being a small village. Yeovil can't help being small in comparison to Bristol, can it? Any reason to demean us? There are many teams above City in the football pyramid from smaller places than Bristol, it probably narks you more that this particular club is only 45 miles away.

But thanks anyway for a reasoned response.

your welcome. i don't blame you guys for enjoying the win - fair play to you, i was just angry at what i saw a a total mirepresentation of what happened yesterday. radio bristol totally misreported what happened. obviously the yeovil fans were ringing in saying how amazing your team were (obviously getting carried away which is understandable), which lets be honest, whilst being better than us i am sure you can play much better football than that otherwise you wouldnt be where you are. but 20p and his cohorts were making out that you had played scintilating football, when in fact it was a pretty pish poor game from sides, but you kept your nerve better made less mistakes and took the goals very well when the chances came. we on the other were dire and didnt seem to want to accept the responsibility to shoot. we wont have those problems when brooker and scott brown are back in the side though i hope :pray:

Guest neiltheglover

Lets get things into perspective..........this was one game.

Yes, we won........Yes, both sides were poor.BUT the comments from both YTFC and BCFC fans on this forum are in my view on the whole applalling.

WHY?

A: YTFC fans suddenly thinking we are better than BCFC

B: BCFC fans suddenly thinking their team and manager are shit

.......in both cases they are wrong

BCFC are a better club than Yeovil, with a very good team and manager!!

We were lucky to win yesterday as both teams seemed to be sidetracked by the occasion.

I am going to enjoy the feeling of beating BCFC today but know that there is still a long, long way to go!!!!

Good luck to BCFC for the rest of the season!!!!

Yes, we won........Yes, both sides were poor.BUT the comments from both YTFC and BCFC fans on this forum are in my view on the whole applalling.

WHY?

We were lucky to win yesterday as both teams seemed to be sidetracked by the occasion.

I am going to enjoy the feeling of beating BCFC today but know that there is still a long, long way to go!!!!

Totally agree mate. The only thing i couldnt understand is how Twentyman kept bashing on about how well Yeovil played. Both teams were sh!t.

That I love you that did the summarising yesterday annoys me. He clearly either doesn't like Bristol City, or likes Yeovil. When we had a foul given our way our player "went down too easily there" When Yeovil were given a foul he could always "see why that was gievn, definately a foul"

He was also extremely animated and excited at Carey being sent off, but didn't even mention the Yeovil player had been sent off too and it was left to the touchline reporter to fill us in on that, and when it went back to the summariser he couldn't wait to tell us how he could see Careys fists flying. No mention of the Yeovil Player.

WHY?

spot on. knee jerk reactions seem to be the order of the weekend from both sides. in a months time we could have everyone fit and be second again by 5 points and all of our fans will be saying how we can pip forest for the title. there will be plenty of twists and turns before the seasons over, i don't see how people cant see it. :dunno:

I have said many times please can someone retire this twentytwerp for the good of radio and football.He talks utter tripe!

Didn't hear it but it is hardly surprising is it?

The club has been promoted 3 times in recent years and is pushing for a 4th promotion. If we achieved that we'd be 2 divisions above the Premiership and quite rightly feeling proud of ourselves.

Yeovil aren't used to this success and it's the best they've ever done. They have always lived in the shadow of clubs like City, Rovers, Bournemouth etc. and understandably use them as a benchmark. They have passed Rovers and on Saturday for the first time got the better of us.

It IS a big moment in their history- same as if we went up a few divisions, were pushing for the Premiership title and beat Man Utd or Chelsea. We would see it as a "we've arrived" moment.

As for the Carey sending off- I think he was at fault, did start it and went OTT. Luckily for us their guy reacted too.

Bad performance by us. Rightfully lost. Yeovil didn't look that great but still got the win that, to them, is huge.

As for the chants about Marcus on Saturday by a few City fans- how fickle and in my eyes- terribly unfair. Goes to show some people will chant anything without thinking. Still a City player, still a City fan- if him and GJ don't get on I don't expect him to sit in the reserves with not too long left of his career. He wants to play. Never done anything deliberately to hurt the club. Whether you think he should play, stay or go- I think he deserves far better than that.

I never been one of these people who think the media is against,but Radio Bristol performance on Saturday was poorand Twentyman post match report was truly nausiating.

At the time I thought it might just be case of sour grapes but this man clearly dislike City fans and was revelling in Yeovil victory.

I for one will not tuneing on a Saturday or on a Friday night anymore after the disgusting way we were treated by Radio Bristol.

I never been one of these people who think the media is against,but Radio Bristol performance on Saturday was poorand Twentyman post match report was truly nausiating.

At the time I thought it might just be case of sour grapes but this man clearly dislike City fans and was revelling in Yeovil victory.

I for one will not tuneing on a Saturday or on a Friday night anymore after the disgusting way we were treated by Radio Bristol.

it sounds a bit petty but i was so disgusted i think i will be tuning into 5 live or talksport on the way back from AG in the future. your right i thought after i started this thread that maybe after a few days i would have calmed down a bit and look back on it as a touch of sour grapes. but I'm still as fuming about it now as i was then!!!!!!! :grr:

especially when you get yeovil fans coming on here and agreeing to the fact that it was a poor match that they edged rather than 20p's version of events. the evil post also thought that both sides were nothing special.

I listened to Radio Bris whilst stuck in traffic for an hour and have to agree that twentypence was getting on my nerves, but I stuck with it just for the laugh. First you had the outside reporter trying to interview Yeovil fans about the game, funny they didn't want to get City fans view, then that regular idiot from Wincanton saying for Yeovil fans to blow their horns :grr: . (really don't know why I ever listen to that crap because it seems to be the same tools spouting rubbish every week :Sleep12: )

He's a proffessional broadcaster and meant to be impartial

You had five players missing. So what.

Take Stewart, Gray, Skiverton, Cohen, Davies & Terry out of your team.It's not an excuse, it's a fact

You have one of the richest men in football as your chairman,

Hardly and he can be a rich as he likes it doesn't mean he'll plough it all in to City

you got £2 million for Partridge,

I wish :D

you're only paying a portion of your highest earners wages etc etc.

Yes and he's playing for you :disapointed2se:

Thats all your clubs fault, no-one elses.

Now you've got that right

Bloody well get someone decent in on loan, you can afford him.

Preaching to thr converted old son.Tell GJ

Stop blaming everyone else but yourselves for your problems.

Not blaming anyone but GJ

We had to get Martin Brittain ( no.12 ) in on loan this week and he was brilliant today,

No he wasn't.Get a grip.You were as poor today as we were before Davies came on.

why can't you? Its your fault, end of.

"End of" what's that crap about

You'll finish up despised if this dafty gloating over a mediocre performance continues

Why do they cover Yeovil anyway? Since when has Yeovil been in Bristol?

I dunno.

Another fairly fundamental question: why have they got something of a Rovers legend presenting all our regional Club's?

He's going to have some anti-City leanings subconciously or not.

I'm not that paranoid about the local media coverage but ffs - THE BLOKE'S A GASHEAD!

Guest philgas1

Yeovil could have won 7-1.....and we would still be THE team in the west Country

according to you....listen you lost so deal with it...you are the biggest club in Bristol...but not the world....as ive said before you,ll never get rid of the gas..we will allways be smaller than you and so will yeovil...why get sucked in so easy by the wind up merchants...?...chill and just go with the flow...don't go against it or you,ll drown in your own demise...youre a sleeping average club now..not a giant...we are minnows.. just trying to survive,and we will...just..

stand 2gether as one and concentrate on supporting your team...look at all these smaller clubs doing the biz...down to passion...something lacking with the bigger boys...take care and get behind your team,don't worry about us smaller fry...

regards...phil

Archived