IGNORED

My Thoughts On Today

Barrs Court Red

I thought two reasonable sides cancelled each other out, and can't belive it didn't end in a draw.

We are clearly lacking Brooker, Brown and I do feel Bradley Orr. The midfield did not support the forwards enough , especially in the middle.

The first 20 a lively Yeovil side looked the more confident going forward, but after that, and especially after the sending off, neither side seemed to have much idea other than to spread the play and stretch out the opposistion, in the end it is ironic that the two Yeovil goals game from driving through the middle.

Williams seemed clueless, lazey and disinterested. he seemed scared to try and beat his man for pace, and seemed weak when trying to hold of Yeovil players. the sooner Brown can come back and replace him the better.

Jevons didn't seem to have a cutting edge, and niether did Corr, who in fairness I think looked like a fair target man in the second half. He held the ball up well. Unfortuantly there was little outlet for him to play any decent balls, as Jevons was playing far to close to him.

City played decent football, it may have fallen flat in the final third, but especially after Carey was sent off I think City used the space well and didn't look in too much trouble.

At the moment we're suffering a crisis because 2 wide players, our main goalscorer and another decent forward/wide man are all out. It's not Johsons fault. No one was making this much when Stewart left, or indeed did not make the side, esepcially at the tail end of last season.

It's been hard to get in a decent goalscorer while Brooker has been injured because 1) he's not been expected to be out this long 2) His cover, Showummni has been out for longer than expected 3) There's not much to be had on loan. This is well known, seemingly to most apart from Bristol City fans on OTIB.

We CAN NOT RE-CALL STEWART. So please, will the ignorant people that keep asking for this give it up, it's gone past the re-call period.

I know everyone is pissed off we lost to Yeovil, but to be fair you don't get to the top end of the table at this point in the season by being a bad team. Yes they didn't look great today, obviously because they were playing another good team in us, in a game where neither really shone.

Keep the faith

Archived