IGNORED

Mickey Bell

tin

This is something that I have just realised. Mickey Bell wasn't in our team since the abysmal 3-0 away defeat at Wycombe in October, our 4th defeat of the season. Since he was brought back in for "much needed experience" we've played the worst 2 teams in the league and taken only 1 point. Any correlation I wonder??

Wilson should get back to the basics of the team that got us where we are, not bring in slow, overweight experienced pros just for the sake of it.

This is something that I have just realised. Mickey Bell wasn't in our team since the abysmal 3-0 away defeat at Wycombe in October, our 4th defeat of the season. Since he was brought back in for "much needed experience" we've played the worst 2 teams in the league and taken only 1 point. Any correlation I wonder??

Wilson should get back to the basics of the team that got us where we are, not bring in slow, overweight experienced pros just for the sake of it.

Hmmmm i think you'll find Bell has played well considering as you say all he is, is a 'slow, overweight pro' :clap:

The only player i can honestly say actually played well in both of those games is Bell.

I thought since he came in hes done a good job, his support of the wingers are superb and he gets crosses in, a lot more than what Carey does.

I cant comment on his performance against Stockport but i thought he was one of the players that really stood out against Wycombe. As Tommy said, his crossing is excellent and very accurate, he hoofs the ball up and with him playing so well, and Dw wanting to keep Butler and Colesy in the middle is he going to drop him straight away and let Hill back in the side if 100% fit?! :Confused13:

I was surprised when Bell was in the team against Wycombe and although he had a good game I do still worry about his defensive difficulties and his lack of pace. Against Stockport he again didn't play to badly but the same errors and weaknesses were showing. In my opinion I don't see why he should be starting, He is going to leave the club in the summer, we have a young left back who looks like they could develope into a good player so why wait put Woodman in.

I'm not saying that his performances of late have been poor. Just that I believe he's a bit of a liability in terms of his defensive abilities. Cant understand why one minute he's lanquishing in the reserves and the next minute he's got the left back spot back. He hasn't featyured in any of our excellent winning run so why change it? Whatever anyones views on this I do believe we are seriously handicapped at the back with his inclusion in the team.

Archived