IGNORED

Team V York (merged threads)

fRed

Difficult to guess, when we have no idea who's going to be fit next Saturday. Does anyone know what's up with Murray? Official site doesn't give us a clue.

Anyway I'm looking for experimentation, Jennison needs a rest and Wright doesn't do it for me.

Basso

Woodman Keogh McCombe © McAllister

Brown/Murray Johnson Russell Fontaine

Corr Jevons

Subs: Weale Partridge Noble Skuse Williams

I expect Orr is out for a few more weeks, so lets have Woody in at RB, he's done it before alright. Fontaine has looked good in the brief time he's been on at LM. Let's hope one of the Scotts is fit else we'll have to use Skuse at RM. Up front we don't have much choice unless Enoch or Brooks find a faith healer. I'm half tempted to play Partridge and put McCombe up front, but I'll resist that.

Difficult to guess, when we have no idea who's going to be fit next Saturday. Does anyone know what's up with Murray? Official site doesn't give us a clue.

Anyway I'm looking for experimentation, Jennison needs a rest and Wright doesn't do it for me.

Basso

Woodman Keogh McCombe © McAllister

Brown/Murray Johnson Russell Fontaine

Corr Jevons

Subs: Weale Partridge Noble Skuse Williams

I expect Orr is out for a few more weeks, so lets have Woody in at RB, he's done it before alright. Fontaine has looked good in the brief time he's been on at LM. Let's hope one of the Scotts is fit else we'll have to use Skuse at RM. Up front we don't have much choice unless Enoch or Brooks find a faith healer. I'm half tempted to play Partridge and put McCombe up front, but I'll resist that.

Corr will probably be cup tied. :(

I would have thought that even if Browny is fit enough to play they may not rish him back for the York game and save him for the very important Gillingham fixture the week later. I would have thought that Murray MAY still be out. JMW needs a rest. I also think that Weale should be given a chance in goal so that he can get some proper competitive football under his belt. I am also assuming that Brooks will not be fit but maybe maybe Showunmi may be fit after all we were told that he had an "outside" chance of making the squad for the Yeo-vile game so the chances of him being fit for the York game are at an increased level. My team would be:

GK Chris Weale

RB: Cole Skuse RCB: Richard Keogh LCB: Jamie McCombe © LB: Craig Woodman

RM: Nick Wright RCM: Lee Johnson CM: David Noble LCM: Alex Russell LM: Jamie McAllister

CF: Phil Jevons

Subs:

Enoch Showunmi

Frankie Artus

Liam Fontaine

Dave Partridge

Adriano Basso

OK, heres my experiment

Weale

Keogh Partridge Fontaine Woodman

JMW Russle Noble McCallister

Jevons McCombe

We need a presence up front ,so play partridge to enable McCombe to play up front. Unless we are trying to ensure that Partridge is not cup tied (so we can sell him).

OK, heres my experiment

Weale

Keogh Partridge Fontaine Woodman

JMW Russle Noble McCallister

Jevons McCombe

We need a presence up front ,so play partridge to enable McCombe to play up front. Unless we are trying to ensure that Partridge is not cup tied (so we can sell him).

i don't think we should be experiementing if at all possible. the last thing we need is to come unstuck up their at present. ok the league is the priority. but losing next week would do no good for morale after what happened yesterday.

i'd go for.....

weale

keogh - mcombe - fontaine - woodman

murray/scott b - skuse - LJ - mcalister

enoch/brooker (pls god) - jevo

bench - JMW, parto, noble, basso, + 1 young 'un for experience

i don't think we should be experiementing if at all possible. the last thing we need is to come unstuck up their at present. ok the league is the priority. but losing next week would do no good for morale after what happened yesterday.

i'd go for.....

weale

keogh - mcombe - fontaine - woodman

murray/scott b - skuse - LJ - mcalister

enoch/brooker (pls god) - jevo

bench - JMW, parto, noble, basso, + 1 young 'un for experience

I think its important to play a strong team as we really do need to beat York for confidence sake.

Have i missed a trick with Fontaine being touted for a left wing spot?

Mine would be...

Basso

Keogh McCombe Fontaine Woody

Wright Noble Artus Brown/Murray

Jevons JMW

Subs: Weale, Skuse, Parto, Russell, McAllister (/one of Brown/Murray if both fit).

This is presuming;

a) Weale is not yet match sharp

b) Brooker/Showumni/Orr still unfit

c) Brown or Murray will be fit

d) Corr is cup tied, but Wright wont be.

e) Artus is fit. If so, it sounds about the time to give him a chance.

Also gives LJ a rest. Parto only gets a place as we're running out of players.

INJURED

Brooker

Showumni

Orr

Murray

Brown

LOAN

Stewart

Benyon

SUSPENDED

Carey (3 Games)

CUP TIED??

Wright

Corr

With those players all missing :dunno: how do you go about picking a team? Any club loaning a player is unlikely to agree they can play as, even if they don't think they'll make their first team or stay here (unlikely with Wright & Corr on what I've seen), it jeopardises a bid from another club later on:

So

.....BASSO....

KEOGH..MCCOMBE.............FONTAINE............WOODMAN........

SKUSE..RUSSELL..JOHNSON.............MCALLISTER......

...........JEVONS....WILLIAMS............

SUBS

WEALE

NOBLE

ARTUS

WILSON

PARTRIDGE

We're down to the bare bones and I can't think it's a great time to introduce youngsters or change formation.On paper it should be plenty good enough to beat York.Trouble is, on grass????

A replay would normally be bad news but on this occassion it would allow Carey to return at Swansea.

Like I said earlier, for reasons I won't bother to repeat, this one has upset written all over it. :(

I think it is virtually impossible to pick a side for a game that is still 4 days away, as unless you know exactly which of the 5 missing last week may be fit, and the paper today suggests Brown, Orr and Showunmi might make it and Murray and Brooker won't, then basically you're just guessing.

Today's paper did say Corr isn't being allowed to play by Sheff Wed but Wright is being allowed to by Brum, so there's 2 more pieces of the jigsaw for you...

Orr should be ok and if Brown and Showumni are fit, it could be the strongest side available for some time with options on the bench as well (fingers crossed) ;

Basso

Orr

Keogh

McCombe

McAllister

Wright

Skuse

Johnson

Brown

Showumni

Jevons

Subs;

Weale

Noble

Williams

Russell

Fontaine

Would agree with that apart from Fontaine starting ahead of Keogh

I think it is virtually impossible to pick a side for a game that is still 4 days away, as unless you know exactly which of the 5 missing last week may be fit, and the paper today suggests Brown, Orr and Showunmi might make it and Murray and Brooker won't, then basically you're just guessing.

Today's paper did say Corr isn't being allowed to play by Sheff Wed but Wright is being allowed to by Brum, so there's 2 more pieces of the jigsaw for you...

On that assumption.....Actually Murray told me on Saturday that he thought he'd be OK :dunno: However, assuming the paper's right:

.......BASSO.......

ORR...KEOGH............MCCOMBE.......WOODMAN........

BROWN...........SKUSE.............JOHNSON........MCALLISTER......

.........JEVONS............SHOWUMNI................

SUBS

WEALE

RUSSELL

FONTAINE

WRIGHT

WILLIAMS

With a fully fit squad, neither of our loan players would get a game.

Given the game, Russell may be a better bet than Skuse and Fontaine could always play CB with Keogh staying at RB with Orr on the bench.

To be honest, that still leaves Noble, Partridge out, who are both fit & Murray & Brooker looking like a comeback against Gillingham.

Carey is the big, unnecessary loss and I hope McCombe doesn't miss out through injury or suspension while he's out. :(

Well we're looking forward to you guys visiting us, simply because it'll be nice to have a good club here, instead of the usual garbage that life in the Conference brings.

Any guestimates as to how many you're bringing?

Looking forward to it Bob - despite last Saturday. My gut feel is about 600-700 but don't worry we won't be bringing any strikers! The magic of the Cup eh? :banana:

Well we're looking forward to you guys visiting us, simply because it'll be nice to have a good club here, instead of the usual garbage that life in the Conference brings.

Any guestimates as to how many you're bringing?

I'm in The Directors Box and up for the weekend, so can you please PM me some decent restaurants-Chinese-Indian or Fish!!

I reckon 500-800 will attend, barring interesting signings (I can dream) or the return of some of our walking wounded. :D

Would agree with that apart from Fontaine starting ahead of Keogh

Agreed, I'm not sure how anyone could pick Keogh in front of Fontaine.

Unfortunately, the more i've seen of Keogh recently the less he impresses me, Fontaine is by far the better player.

Agreed, I'm not sure how anyone could pick Keogh in front of Fontaine.

Unfortunately, the more i've seen of Keogh recently the less he impresses me, Fontaine is by far the better player.

Really?? I think Keogh has been brilliant. In fact when he got Dropped for Orr at the home game against Crewe i thought it was really unfair as Keogh works his socks off for city and deserves to be in the team.

I have to say the few times Fontaine has played this season i think he has looked really shaky hasan't impressed me at all. He spends most of his time on that mobile phone of his :grr: No wonder his mind ain't on his job!!

I think you're being a bit harsh and Keogh can play right back whereas Fontaine is an emergency left back.

Not sure how i'm being harsh, just stating that i think Fontaine is the better player of the two.

I was an advocate of Keogh pre-season and i've been disappointed in what i've seen since he came into the team. He has great heart, but seems to lack pace and the ability to turn quickly as well as distributing waywardly on occasions.

It's probably unfair to judge either of them as full-backs as neither would consider it their preferred position, but if we're looking for a straight replacement at centre back for Carey, then Fontaine, providing he can show something like last season's form, seems to me to be the better all-round candidate.

Not sure how i'm being harsh, just stating that i think Fontaine is the better player of the two.

I was an advocate of Keogh pre-season and i've been disappointed in what i've seen since he came into the team. He has great heart, but seems to lack pace and the ability to turn quickly as well as distributing waywardly on occasions.

It's probably unfair to judge either of them as full-backs as neither would consider it their preferred position, but if we're looking for a straight replacement at centre back for Carey, then Fontaine, providing he can show something like last season's form, seems to me to be the better all-round candidate.

Tend to agree, but why didn't GJ bring him on Saturday??

Archived