IGNORED

Open The East End To Home Fans

Barrs Court Red

Boring. :Sleep12:

Come up with a sensible solution as to how it could be opened safely and send a letter to SL.

what a negative post.

Every club should have a curva. We've got one, but it's empty, except for 300 away fans.

Giving ours away has almost given our home advantage away.

Gary Johnson put your foot down and demand that SL open the east end.

Come up with a sensible solution as to how it could be opened safely and send a letter to SL.

:Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Have solution's not been suggested then?

I'm borderline giving up on Football.

The attitude of fan's and authoreties ... :Sleep12:

(ps/Marcus Stewart is the great philosophical answer to everyting)

Why comment on things ou clearly know sod all about.

Suggestions have been made, talks ARE in progress. Things hapen out side your little forum world.

Supported City since '96, you fit into my vision of post '96 fans so well. Are you actually a parody?

what a negative post.

Every club should have a curva. We've got one, but it's empty, except for 300 away fans.

Giving ours away has almost given our home advantage away.

Gary Johnson put your foot down and demand that SL open the east end.

I would like to see the EE opened just as much as anyone. But unless someone comes up with a suggestion to SL as to why/how it should be opened i'm pretty sure hes not just going to change his mind about it, even with the petition etc...

And if there are already solutions why aren't we discussing them, rather then posting random topics which just say "open the east end"

I would like to see the EE opened just as much as anyone. But unless someone comes up with a suggestion to SL as to why/how it should be opened i'm pretty sure hes not just going to change his mind about it.

Even with the petition etc...

SL is the chairman of one of the biggest clubs in the west country, solving small problems like how to control a few noisy fans in the east end is small beer to most competant chairmen.

we must unite behind active fans like ciderhead and put pressure on the lazy sod.

I would like to see the EE opened just as much as anyone. But unless someone comes up with a suggestion to SL as to why/how it should be opened i'm pretty sure hes not just going to change his mind about it, even with the petition etc...

And if there are already solutions why aren't we discussing them, rather then posting random topics which just say "open the east end"

Chief, can you not read the quote in my signature?.......

I do not know what he meant by that comment, and in what context it was. Maybe you could explain further.

It's a paraphrase to be fair, but, this not sticking City's vocal where it'd be most sense to stick them is typical of SL's and the authoreties' and the media's attitude towards Football.

The Authoreties: Standing is dangerous so banned - :rofl2br:

The City board (SL) - We have to accept their verdict: now sit down and shut up ffs.

The atmosphere: DEAD.

The gentrification of the game: completed.

Now I'm as young, white and middle class as they come, no banning order's, no violent history, just a modern lad who likes to get pissed and go nut's at the Football, like I think I said earlier: ''not wanted''.

:(:(:(

I've said before on here I wish I was bought up in a less prescious and as far as I can see bullshit society, but there we go, Football clearly ain't the place for me.

I could intellectulise about who should be playing at left back and ofcourse the MS debate all day long.

I was just wondering, the club wen they say the behaviour was bad in the east end they explained this as people jumping on the fence..

Wen i go away all i see seperating fans is a black sheet across say 10 or 20 rows of seats and a few stewards. There is never any problems here becuse who is going to try and climb across a sheet which would be almost impossible to climb across and there isnt anything to grab onto like a fence.

In the east end they decide to put up a fence between the fans this is not needed anywhere else so why is it needed in the east end!! the idiots that did jump on it probably only did it because it was there to jump on. There is no way they would jump on the sheet covering 10 or 20 rows of seats there would be no point. but with the fence it gives them the option of jumpin and grabbing it. its stupid, the fence is not needed.

Get rid of the fence (which intises idiots to jump on it) and i bet there would be no trouble!!

what do u all think!!

:city:

Utterly and totally rediculous that a fence,thousands of empty seats,half the police force, miles of netting is apparently required to keep a few gobby kids under control :doh:

Unification of like minded fans in our home end could even install a bit of passion and atmosphere back down the Gate; it would certainly reignite my interest.

Seems like the man aint for turning though but he will reap what he sows, half empty posh seats and a half empty ground :disapointed2se:

You are not the only one Tim, actually thinking about watching some egg chasing soon instead. Least i get to watch with a beer :banana:

Football is dieing, that was meant to be a big west country derby, and when you can hear a single fan shout in the opposing home end on his own, there is something wrong.

Guest North Street

I find ignorance even more tiresome.

If the risk in the East End was so great can you please come up with a sensible answer to why a kid aquid game was ran in the East End when it was open to all these undesirables Lansdown is so in "fear" of ?

Or why v Plymouth, Hartlepool, Brighton and other occasions when the East End was open the police saw fit to place twenty police officers in the Williams supporters club bar during the game because it seems to fly in the face of argunments of cost and the East End being a catalyst for trouble.

It is very hard to deal with someone who states openly that even if the majority [and they do] disagree with him he will not changre his position. Cost, demand, policing, Stewards are all spurrious reasons it's all about him.

A petition along with thre trust survey identifys the demand but this bloke has already kocked all in the nads even before any real tanginble discussion has taken place on solutions as he has now stated "i have made the decision"!

Have solution's not been suggested then?

The attitude of fan's and authoreties ... :Sleep12:

(ps/Marcus Stewart is the great philosophical answer to everyting)

Sadly afer thirty years of watching City i am constantly thinking the same only i am too old now to work out what else i can do. Not sure what that says about me as a person or what those thirty years actually mean now.

Suggestions have been suggested but somehow the bricks have to be removed from one very monied individuals ears.

Suggestions have been suggested but somehow the bricks have to be removed from one very monied individuals ears.

The same individual who can't decide if he wants to take a back seat, be hands on, be judged on Tinnnion ect ect.

I find it laughable that the club has award winning stewards, yet can't control a handfull of kids.

The excuses for the east end seem to change every time it is mentioned. It started with "people climbed on the fence vs Plymouth", then we had "money" then "the police don't want it", "it attracts trouble makers" and now we have "...because of past trouble". The example used, Chesterfield - A game that was £1 and the stewards allowed drunken kids in. They weren't even City fans.

Guest North Street

I was just wondering, the club wen they say the behaviour was bad in the east end they explained this as people jumping on the fence..

Wen i go away all i see seperating fans is a black sheet across say 10 or 20 rows of seats and a few stewards. There is never any problems here becuse who is going to try and climb across a sheet which would be almost impossible to climb across and there isnt anything to grab onto like a fence.

In the east end they decide to put up a fence between the fans this is not needed anywhere else so why is it needed in the east end!! the idiots that did jump on it probably only did it because it was there to jump on. There is no way they would jump on the sheet covering 10 or 20 rows of seats there would be no point. but with the fence it gives them the option of jumpin and grabbing it. its stupid, the fence is not needed.

Get rid of the fence (which intises idiots to jump on it) and i bet there would be no trouble!!

what do u all think!!

:city:

I will give you some ideas. Fans can contribute to paying for a thirty foot wide flag and take part in it's design [iMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!] and this can be used instead of netting, i could ask the fine Landlord of the 3 lions to lend that monsterous BS3 flag to fans to use and i would defy any little scrote to place his feet on it unless he wants to be banished not by the police or club but given "advice" by those who own it.

Quote from GJ on the Official Site.

"I hope, therefore, that those of you not already season ticket holders will buy a half-season ticket and join in our efforts to reach the Championship by attending the remaining home games and making some noise.

"The players and myself would greatly appreciate it."

I will buy one if its for the East End, otherwise I won't bother. Anyone else share my view?

I will give you some ideas. Fans can contribute to paying for a thirty foot wide flag and take part in it's design [iMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!] and this can be used instead of netting, i could ask the fine Landlord of the 3 lions to lend that monsterous BS3 flag to fans to use and i would defy any little scrote to place his feet on it unless he wants to be banished not by the police or club but given "advice" by those who own it.

:rofl2br: good idea fair shout :rofl2br:

going by the trouble aspect it's myth, i sat with yeovil fans saturday in their

end and they knew i was bristol city but we had a laugh and a beer after

but i want the eastend opended but becuse i want to sit there i'm see as trouble???

Well this is the thing isn't it. In the eyes of the club, and I suspect the "Nick Hornby" generation, people not wearing replica shirts and red and white scarfs who act in a boisterous manor are hooligans, intent on trouble. I've lost count of the times I've been branded a thug. It's comicle, but I think it does underline a darker perception.

Guest North Street

Well this is the thing isn't it. In the eyes of the club, and I suspect the "Nick Hornby" generation, people not wearing replica shirts and red and white scarfs who act in a boisterous manor are hooligans, intent on trouble. I've lost count of the times I've been branded a thug. It's comicle, but I think it does underline a darker perception.

I believe that all those who go in the premier seats are middle class #### who do not like football how is that for a perception?

Quote from GJ on the Official Site.

I will buy one if its for the East End, otherwise I won't bother. Anyone else share my view?

I said that at the start of the season and I`d still buy one tomorrow gladly; even though I have not attended one single home game yet :o unfortunately S.L`s head in the sand attitude and his total ignorance of home fans wishes; will see me continuing to view from afar. :(:(:(

I believe that all those who go in the premier seats are middle class #### who do not like football how is that for a perception?

I'm sure those in there would disagree, same as we don't like being branded trouble makers.

The difference is, because they pay more, the club will bend over backwards for them, like giving them their very own section.

Archived