IGNORED

The Week Leading Upto Saturday

Greener

Obviously i'm a YT fan,have been for over 40 yrs,and have looked up to City for the best part of that time.

Now we are here playing on level terms,even the most 'anti' Yeovil fan must agree what we have achieved in the last 5 or so years has been pretty good for the size of the club and town.

In the week leading up to Saturdays game,there was so much hype from both camps (prob due to the non existence of Rooovers these days!) ,the ex manager,the ex players,etc.

Now the hype was also about league position, for City,a good season will be promotion,a good season for us would 'have 'been to avoid relagation,but we find ourselves in the top 6,which no one would of thought of at the start of the season.

I heard the interviews from ex players,managers,GJ even said they could'nt wait for this one,we are rivals,we are both at the top,this is a Derby game until Roovers pull their fingers out!!

Some of what was said on here in the week was good banter,we all enjoy it,what City WERE going to do to the 'overachieving'club etc,etc.

Now after the game,the 'Overachieving' club came out on top,and YT fans are enjoying every minute of it,and why not? and we are accused of 'gloating' on YOUR forum etc. Of course we are,10 years ago if anyone said we would be playing Bristol City in the league(not the FA cup1!)and separated by a couple of points at the top of Div 1!,you would have laughed your head off.

Now, what would have happend if City had won,no one on our forums,gloating ,taking the piss,told you so, etc,etc.,we would have been overrun with it,is it embarassment,the big club v small club,i don't know,but

you have to understand the situation from a Yeovil perspective,we beat the club that alot of us have always looked up to,....sorry if you fell asleep reading this,and was'nt meant to be a 'gloat',well not much!! :farmer::farmer:

P.S. And i did'nt mention MS once,that has to be a first,a thread without that!!

It's a fair post, and explains alot of what I've suspected.

We can't win I guess, we win and it'd be "Oh well with all your ,money you should do" we lose and is seems Yeovil fans have won the cup.

I think alot of Yeovil fans should lean to be gracefull in victory, as it appears relations are being damaged needlessly by a few young fools who probably won't be venturing out for the return fixture.

Bang goes the love in we all expected when Yeovil did initially get promoted, it's been gradually eroded by a few niave, bitter geeks.

Fair shout though Greener, a shame there aren't more of your ilk representing Yeovil on here.

Fair shout though Greener, a shame there aren't more of your ilk representing Yeovil on here.

There are, just ignore any names you do not recognise as they will be gone again soon.

Several times i have stated that there is a definite affinity between a lot of YTFC fans towards BCFC and so ask that you do not tar us all with the same brush!! :)

Archived