IGNORED

Is This Why Gary Won't Bring In Any Quality ?

CodeRed

Has anyone considered that that our failure to strengthen our squad with a quality loan-now-sign-in January striker has it's roots in the "hand grenade/Stewart " situation?

Is Johnson (who has admitted he hasn't asked SL for any cash) reluctant to approach SL to fund a striker whilst MS is still a City player in case he is told

" I'm already paying £5K a week for one that you told me you don't need"

Johnson must be uneasy that (even if MS deserved it) he's fallen out with SL's biggest signing in terms of wages/signing on fees, and now having stated that he doesn't need MS ........

is he reluctant to approach SL for cash, preferring to continue to maintain that the cureent squad is good enough ?

Johnson is a proud/stubborn (you decide which) man - who may be determined to prove that he can deal with the fall out from the "grenade" without running to SL for extra cash that would take GJ over his budget.

Personally I don't want to see MS sign for any top 6 League 2 side but I'm beginning to think we won't

see a quality forward or winger join until MS finally leaves the wage bill and Johnson can then "move on".

In the same way that the night club incident hung over and affected our club for over a year is the same thing happening now in that the grenade incident "won't be over until it's over" & MS is no longer a BCFC employee?

CodeRed

That's sounds quite perceptive to me. Although I'd stress it doesn't mean Johnson's a psychologically-flawed Napoleon-esque crazy, it just means that the hand grenade incident could still be affecting things.

I'll say it again - a public apology from Stewart, accepting things being said in the heat of the moment, would mean GJ can back down gracefully and without Stewart looking like a hero, and we can get on with finding the best team for this club.

The answer's No.

GJ didn't sign Stewart although, his form at Yeovil has been a huge embarrassment and calls into question his judgement of players.

Bridges left without a sell on clause and "we wouldn't need one" said SL, so glad to lose the cost of his wages.A year later Hull paid £350k to take him to The Championship.That was poor judgement,in hindsight, which is a marvellous thing, but that's one of the reasons for clauses, in case you're wrong.

This comment that GJ doesn't want/can't deal with, big name players will haunt him until he signs some/one.I'm more concerned that our wait until January will prove to be a mistake as others are already dipping into the talent pool well beforehand.

Has anyone considered that that our failure to strengthen our squad with a quality loan-now-sign-in January striker has it's roots in the "hand grenade/Stewart " situation?

Is Johnson (who has admitted he hasn't asked SL for any cash) reluctant to approach SL to fund a striker whilst MS is still a City player in case he is told

Johnson must be uneasy that (even if MS deserved it) he's fallen out with SL's biggest signing in terms of wages/signing on fees, and now having stated that he doesn't need MS ........

is he reluctant to approach SL for cash, preferring to continue to maintain that the cureent squad is good enough ?

Johnson is a proud/stubborn (you decide which) man - who may be determined to prove that he can deal with the fall out from the "grenade" without running to SL for extra cash that would take GJ over his budget.

Personally I don't want to see MS sign for any top 6 League 2 side but I'm beginning to think we won't

see a quality forward or winger join until MS finally leaves the wage bill and Johnson can then "move on".

In the same way that the night club incident hung over and affected our club for over a year is the same thing happening now in that the grenade incident "won't be over until it's over" & MS is no longer a BCFC employee?

CodeRed

judging on what is being said, seems like Stewart to yeovil is a done deal, yeovil want him, he wants to stay there and the club don't seem to want him back,

be interesting how the deal is done, I'm already expecting the term "undisclosed fee" to appear if/when he does join them

don't think that Johnson is afraid to go to SL for cash, as SL seems to have closed the door on Stewart as well, whatever happens I don't think we will make any big name/wage signings while Stewart is still on the books, the club just can't afford to do it.

The answer's No.

GJ didn't sign Stewart although, his form at Yeovil has been a huge embarrassment and calls into question his judgement of players.

Bridges left without a sell on clause and "we wouldn't need one" said SL, so glad to lose the cost of his wages.A year later Hull paid £350k to take him to The Championship.That was poor judgement,in hindsight, which is a marvellous thing, but that's one of the reasons for clauses, in case you're wrong.

This comment that GJ doesn't want/can't deal with, big name players will haunt him until he signs some/one.I'm more concerned that our wait until January will prove to be a mistake as others are already dipping into the talent pool well beforehand.

Agree totally. I don't care whether the players are big name or not so long as they're good enough. Right now what we've got available isn't good enough for automatic.

judging on what is being said, seems like Stewart to yeovil is a done deal, yeovil want him, he wants to stay there and the club don't seem to want him back,

be interesting how the deal is done, I'm already expecting the term "undisclosed fee" to appear if/when he does join them

don't think that Johnson is afraid to go to SL for cash, as SL seems to have closed the door on Stewart as well, whatever happens I don't think we will make any big name/wage signings while Stewart is still on the books, the club just can't afford to do it.

Undisclosed fee? :rofl2br:

Try "free transfer with us paying off most of the rest of his contract". Sending him to Yeovil isn't going to free up cash.

Stewart only wants to stay at Yeovil because it's better than being in our reserves. If Johnson wanted to make use of him he would be extremely happy.

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

CodeRed

All this seems to assume that GJ and SL hardly ever speak to each other, and when they do they fail to discuss the blindingly obvious questions - seems as if they behave like a painfully nervous couple on a first date. Gary's just about to mention City's lack of goals - but at the last minute he bottles it and talks about the last episode of Emmerdale instead.

Perhaps they do discuss it. After all, they've both got enough at stake here.

May be it's just that:

- Brooker and Enoch have taken longer to recover than anyone first thought

- there is not a huge queue of "quality" strikers just waiting for the once in a lifetime chance to join the might Bristol City

- loan signings are a bit of a gamble anyway - will you get a Mark Robins or a Craig Fagan??

Anyway, we've already signed two attacking players on loan. May be they've turned out closer to Fagans than Robinses.

Sorry if this is a simple and boring explanation - much less exciting then speculating the deep psychological reasons why Gary never got round to returning Drogba's call last week :farmer:

Archived