IGNORED

Wilson Stop Being Stubborn

Guest SuttonRed

Guest SuttonRed

Right I'll make this quick as I can't be ar**d to construct a proper argument.

Basically from the matches I've been to recently it appears that there are a few players who are simply not performing; namely Brown and Poocock, yet wilson seems incapable of leaving them off the teamsheet, which is something i fail to understand.

Tommy D's time in the wilderness has brought him back playing the best footie of his career. Why not do the same to other players, who frankly, are playing with an air of complacency regarding their selection. This may be the timely kick up the rear they require.

I despair

Any views??????

Guest dez_gimred

gotta agree...i expect most people do!

brown seems to be putting in less and less effort each game...particularly when trying to win headers and get into space....its these little moments of lazyness that pi55es everyone of....or maybe its just me!

:clap:

same with miller and his pathetic falling on the floor routine after every challenge...he may be lanky but nobody has balance that bad!

bring in robbo and goodfellow....

there would be no gain in dropping players like for like. unfortunately we are not blessed with a massive squad of talent who could make a dramatic difference.i sometimes feel that a change in the way we play may well be the option.even in this division teams find you out and work out ways to get a result, so changing formation and tactics can make more sense.

yours frustrated midland red. :clap:

I'm not sure that some of the massive changes advocated by some would be helpful at this stage.

I would replace Peacock with Roberts and leave Wilkshire on the bench. I'm undecided about Brown .. on his day he's a matchwinner, but if he was to be left out I wouldn't play Goodfellow as a like for like replacement. He's too lightweight and doesn't put in the defensive work. Mickey Bell is the only other player in the squad who's a natural in the left midfield position, though there have to be question marks about his ability to get to the by-line.

This would be my team:

Phillips

Carey Coles Butler Hill

Goodfellow Doherty Tinnion Brown (or Bell, if you insist!)

Roberts Miller

Guest SuttonRed

I am not suggesting change for the sake of it.

It's just apparrent that some players really aren't cutting the mustard at the moment. The basis behind droppng them would be informing them that their place is not guarunteed!!! And hopefully inspiring (not a word associated with DW) them

to work hard and earn their place back in the starting eleven.

Besides that, what sort of message does Danny's favourites teamsheet send out to the fringe players?

As for like for like second division players, well that's as maybe but wouldn't you rather have those who were in form or at the very least playing like they care!!!

It's not a healthy way to run a football club and could be his biggest mistake at a crucial period in his management career and city's future.

Like I said earlier I DESPAIR!!!!!!

Archived