IGNORED

Time For Russel To Return...

samj100

When city were losing significantly and the team were playing poorly there were calls for or speculation that LJ was on his way to Ashton Gate. At the time, he seemed to be very highly rated and i would have been quite happy for that to happen. But he was at hearts and apparently he didn't want to play for his dad again.

Funny how he changed his mind, when he wasn't even making it into their reserve side isn't? :dunno:

When he arrived however i was not bothered in the slightest and to an extent i didn't want him because it sent out the wrong messages to players we already had in that position, we had finished a very poor season very strongly i couldn't really see what his introduction woud give us. There is no denying that the only thing that had to change to the starting 11 in the new season was the fact we needed to replace bas with a goal scorer. We got jevo so despite his performaces now, we would have been very happy with the same 11 with jevo replacing bas. No argument

Pushing aside our injury problems upfront i am concerned with our centre mid players, inparticular LJ. The way he was he was brought into the side imo was very unprofessional and scheming by GJ in order to bring his son into the picture by playing skuse out of position then dropping him.

Since i have only seen one or two what i would call decent, influencial performaces from Lee. Now given the fact the way we finnished last season with russel and noble in the middle i think that at the very least russel has to be brought back, with either skuse or noble. Those combinations compliment eachother. Russel has better ability in terms of attacking play and overall is a better player, which helps us create more chances.

There is no doubt of favourtism by GJ and for the better of the team Russel at the very least has to be reintroduced.

I'd play Russell alongside Johnson.

I think LJ is the most creative passer we have and he provides a good outlet for the defence and wins his share of the ball.

Skuse can't influence a game, he lets it pass him by, and you can't have that in the middle.

Noble keeps the ball well and has good control but isn't incisive enough going forward.

Russell combines covering the ground, getting stuck in with some decent passing and good protection.

I wonder if his contract was slightly different if perhaps he'd play more...

I'd play Russell alongside Johnson.

I think LJ is the most creative passer we have and he provides a good outlet for the defence and wins his share of the ball.

Skuse can't influence a game, he lets it pass him by, and you can't have that in the middle.

Noble keeps the ball well and has good control but isn't incisive enough going forward.

Russell combines covering the ground, getting stuck in with some decent passing and good protection.

I wonder if his contract was slightly different if perhaps he'd play more...

Agreed-Skuse dosnt effect the game enough for me and goes missing for large parts,we seem to do better with Russell in the middle, he'd be my first choice on the team sheet in the midfield, then take your pick from Johnson or Noble, not too much to split those two for me.

Johnson probably the best and most effective central midfielder at the club, one of the few players againt yeovil who did well, poor for the 1st couple of games but now he has settled in he is one of the 1st name's on the team sheet

There is no doubt of favourtism by GJ ...........to play his best players

I don't know who's best to play with who etc. But I do realise we just aren't scoring enough from midfield, and it don't look like these players are full of goals either.

No one in midfield have been able to help out our barebones strikers and if anything the defenders have carried us though most matches by being both defensive and attacking. They buckled under the strain on Saturday.

I don't have a problem with any of our midfielders and believe they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but then opposing managers have sussed that too.

First of all good post Sam!!

Too many "same" players that don't inspire a lot of creativeness... we are in a division that ordinary teams with a few flair players will provail and get you away from the dour teams that go away from home and play for draws. Teams do this fortnight in fortnight out at the Gate to make it very difficult for City and frustrating to watch, i sometimes think id stuck at playing instead of watching games with no atmosphere or flair.

But we need someone a winger/ striker/ attacking midfilder to say "right lets win this game " and do something. Yes people will say there is no cash but players have come and gone who could have got us outta this league and been watching good football week in week out.

Johnson is a good player but tries too hard to do EVERYTHING rather than let others have ago. Russell for me comes second best in this one (kills me to say as i didnt want him here because of daddy) but lee please let others have a go.

Cant play both we need some height, in the championship they play more on the ground so height isnt such an issue.

Johnson probably the best and most effective central midfielder at the club, one of the few players againt yeovil who did well, poor for the 1st couple of games but now he has settled in he is one of the 1st name's on the team sheet

Quality posting brother! :clapping:

Gary wants the best and mark my words thats what we`ll get! :banana:

Hmmm anyone notice how it was Johnson and Russell in the middle when we were playing well?

Just me then?

People just want to get on his back because he is the boss's son it is quite ###### stupid.

Were you watching the last 26 games of last season with russel and noble. W 15 D 7 L 4. since Lee being first choice we have already lost 3.

its nothing to do with him being the son as to why i think he should be dropped, we have better midfielders in the squad.

the reason he isn't dropped is because he is the managers son

Were you watching the last 26 games of last season with russel and noble. W 15 D 7 L 4. since Lee being first choice we have already lost 3.

its nothing to do with him being the son as to why i think he should be dropped, we have better midfielders in the squad.

the reason he isn't dropped is because he is the managers son

well it looks like most people who have replied to your original post disagree, only 1 other has agree......speaks volumes

If there is no favourtism;

Why was he brought here in the first place if he was doing so well at hearts? :whistle:

Why was skuse played out of position to incorporate LJ? As a result skuse understandably had a poor game and was dropped.

Why then if his performances were so poor at the start did he continually get picked, bearing inmind

1. Skuse was playing well in CM before being moved out wide

2. Skuse did not deserve to get moved in the first place

Surely if he was playing poorly, he should have been dropped like skuse was. I think GJ was unfair to do that to Skuse

If there is no favourtism;

Why was he brought here in the first place if he was doing so well at hearts? :whistle:

Why was skuse played out of position to incorporate LJ? As a result skuse understandably had a poor game and was dropped.

Why then if his performances were so poor at the start did he continually get picked, bearing inmind

1. Skuse was playing well in CM before being moved out wide

2. Skuse did not deserve to get moved in the first place

Surely if he was playing poorly, he should have been dropped like skuse was. I think GJ was unfair to do that to Skuse

where to start, he was brought in because the manager felt he was a better player than some we already had and would be an improvement to the squad - CORRECT

To be honest early performances no one was really playing well, personally thought Skuse had a slow start to the season, but his form picked up when playing alongside Johnson when he got his place back, you say continually get picked but prior to Blackpool when we had played 3 games? hardly continually is it?

Skuse played out wide because he has a very good stamina, is pacy and is a box to box player, Johnson and skuse felt with these attributes he may be able to do a job there, he wasn't able to, so it didn't happy.

since Johnson has come into the team, he has probably been the best of the 4 midfielders this season closely followed by Noble,

looking at your comments it is clear that it isn't about Johnson as a player it is about who is father is, looking at the thread most others tend to believe he has done a job for us

well it looks like most people who have replied to your original post disagree, only 1 other has agree......speaks volumes

not at all, the facts speak for themselves. The fact is, we were better with Russel and Noble in midfield and that there was no reason to bring LJ to the club and no reason to change our CM pairing at the start of the season. There is no denying we were perfectly caapable with russel and noble and changing the CM has not been benificial. How many times have our CM been turned over this season, forest being a prime example.

where to start, he was brought in because the manager felt he was a better player than some we already had and would be an improvement to the squad - CORRECT

you may think that is the case, but what does he bring when you have Noble, Russel, Skuse and Brown already at the club, what can he do the others cant?

To be honest early performances no one was really playing well, personally thought Skuse had a slow start to the season, but his form picked up when playing alongside Johnson when he got his place back, you say continually get picked but prior to Blackpool when we had played 3 games? hardly continually is it?

The point i make is that skuse had one poor game after being unfairly moved out wide, so shouldn't the same pricipal be inforced on LJ?

Skuse played out wide because he has a very good stamina, is pacy and is a box to box player, Johnson and skuse felt with these attributes he may be able to do a job there, he wasn't able to, so it didn't happy.

Thats rubbish, Skuse is not a wide player and was moved there for one reason only so LJ could play CM. Skuse was playing well there before LJ arrived and there was NO justification to move skuse out wide

since Johnson has come into the team, he has probably been the best of the 4 midfielders this season closely followed by Noble

When Noble has hardley played this season i find that statement hard to interpret. What exactly has LJ done? his involement is sporadic and thats on a good day

looking at your comments it is clear that it isn't about Johnson as a player it is about who is father is, looking at the thread most others tend to believe he has done a job for us

Well if you believe that you, along with the others, are mistaken. If you read the original post ive made it quite clear that my point is that the two same CM midfielders should have started this season as they finished the last.

Well if you believe that you, along with the others, are mistaken. If you read the original post ive made it quite clear that my point is that the two same CM midfielders should have started this season as they finished the last.

Why was your post not about Myrie Williams, Wright or Skuse all because of who he is wake up you ignorant person and realise that LJ is by far the best passer at this club. Someone get this poster a TAXI!!!!!! :doh:

Why was your post not about Myrie Williams, Wright or Skuse all because of who he is wake up you ignorant person and realise that LJ is by far the best passer at this club. Someone get this poster a TAXI!!!!!! :doh:

My post wasnt about williams or wright because I'm discussing CENTRAL MIDFIELD you bloody tart. Its nothing to do with what you say it is and ive even given a passage explaining that i wanted him at the club. So stop taking the easy dig to make yourself look clever and come up with a reasoned debate.

Lee Johnson has the hardest job of any player at BCFC.

Just like when he first signed for YTFC he had not only got to play well for the manager, he also had to work twice as hard to show the crowd and his fellow team-mates that he deserves his place in the team for footballing reasons and not because he was the managers son.

He could have gone to other clubs after the debacle at Hearts (where he played well when the chairman allowed him to play), and have an easier life but instead chose BCFC...........you should be grateful because once you get your strongest team fit you will see just how good LJ is!!

Archived