IGNORED

Battlefield 1942

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Is this game worth buying? Is it better than Call of Duty?

I'm slighty put of by the promise of driving things - How does this work?

Is the multiplyer as good as it sounds?

Cheers for any advice given

I think this game is a bit hit and miss. I was given this game 2 xmas' ago have had about 4 hours worth of gameplay on it and ever since it has only served as a dust collector. Now i can't exactly remember why i stoped playing it, but it is really an excellent multiplayer game. Single player missions have little variation and are basically the multiplayer missions with bots. Vehicles are very easy to manouvre (set the keys as you wish, i use the default W = Forward S = Backward Mouse = L/R) and are great fun although mastering the planes take some doing and may really require a joystick. Taken seriously or ridiculously (I opted for the latter!) this game really takes off in multiplayer. Driving your truck off the edge of a cliff whilst having passengers then jumping out just before take off and watching it hurtle perilously down a huge rockface was hugely satisfying. As was doing loops in the plane and watching the passenger/gunman bail out. Beware! to truly enjoy this game you will need a half decent PC / Graphics card as the graphics and huge levels are pretty damn awesome. I would say it was a mix between to very good games. Operation Flashpoint and Medal of Honour AA. If your looking for a good Online game, it's definatly worth a punt. The singleplayer ain't worth a fart.

In my opinion COD Beats BF1942 OPF and MOHAA hands down both on single and multiplayer

Archived