IGNORED

Fawthrop

aller g

tony has joined everton as a scout.

09:50 - 08 November 2006

Former Bristol City academy manager Tony Fawthrop has joined Everton as a scout.The popular former Ashton Gate manager left City at the end of September and will now be a key part in the Premiership club's operation in the south west, Wales and the south midlands.

Fawthrop revealed: "I have joined Everton as a scout for the south west of the country. I will also be working for Bath University as a consultant."

Fawthrop has linked up with his good friend John Laycock, the former City chairman, who is now chairman of Team Bath, who play in the Premier Division of the Southern League.

big worry for our academy, he is going to know who is good and up and coming and who isn't and how they are contracted,

could lose a few youngster due to him, very good move by everton

My thoughts exactly.

Also from last nights paper;

'I will be working across the board from 8 years of age and up to get the best players for Everton'.

Fawthrop's association with Everton will put him in competition with City for all the best players in the west. He say's ' I know all the players at Bristol city of course. But we probably did our job a bit too well at City and tied them up a bit too tightly!'

It seems he left City as he didn't want to work full time. It also says he has things to do at Bath and he wanted to stay based in Bristol.

He's just the sort of experienced person we don't need in competition to us. :(

Archived