IGNORED

Wayne Allison ..... Why Not ?

headhunter

Seeing "Chief" on the scoresheet for Chesterfield in the Carling Cup this week made me think he could do a job for us for the remainder of the season as a proper back up to the injury prone Brooker and Showumni.

Ok, he was 38 years old last month but visit one of the soccer stats websites and you'll see he has a scoring rate of 1 in 4. Over the past 2 years he has played 50 odd games and half that number again as a sub.

We could match the wages of the mighty Spirites who would be unlikely to retain him at the end of the season anyway. We could make it attractive to him by offering some level of golden goodbye bonus if he helps us get up [we wouldn't want him next year in the C'SHIP - unkind but true].

Good idea or not ?

By the way, Brooker - bit of a let down all round this season from him - perhaps 2 good games and that came after the trauma of the court case [excuse - and probably why Norwich backed off] now the injury ; he's OK - got the contract in the summer didn't he !

Seeing "Chief" on the scoresheet for Chesterfield in the Carling Cup this week made me think he could do a job for us for the remainder of the season as a proper back up to the injury prone Brooker and Showumni.

Ok, he was 38 years old last month but visit one of the soccer stats websites and you'll see he has a scoring rate of 1 in 4. Over the past 2 years he has played 50 odd games and half that number again as a sub.

We could match the wages of the mighty Spirites who would be unlikely to retain him at the end of the season anyway. We could make it attractive to him by offering some level of golden goodbye bonus if he helps us get up [we wouldn't want him next year in the C'SHIP - unkind but true].

Good idea or not ?

By the way, Brooker - bit of a let down all round this season from him - perhaps 2 good games and that came after the trauma of the court case [excuse - and probably why Norwich backed off] now the injury ; he's OK - got the contract in the summer didn't he !

Why not give Devon White a shot? :blink:

We don't want him now!! We had Wayne when he was at his peak why would you seiously want a to bring a pensioner back to lead our alledged promotion charge?

Worst suggestion Ive heard on this forum for a while.

Would be, as you suggest, a short term solution and a good impact player from the bench.

The time do do thsi was probably pre-season and would WA want a move South now that he's been back in the North for so long :dunno:

On what I've seen he would be a better option than Corr and, in that comment alone, we see how far our expectations on signings have fallen :(

We don't want him now!! We had Wayne when he was at his peak why would you seiously want a to bring a pensioner back to lead our alledged promotion charge?

Worst suggestion Ive heard on this forum for a while.

In fairness, there's always what we're doing now and that's really good. :whistle:

Good idea or not ?

Interesting idea that. He is still a decent player from what i have seen. Can't see it happening though.

Why do you have to end it with a dig at poor Brooks. Leave him alone.

Why?

I don't see anything wrong with what was said about Brooker.

Why are you allowed to speculate about other players, but not about Brooker?

Drop the crusade, its getting almost as tiring as the East End/Marcus Stewart.

:doh:

You can speculate about who you want not a problem but no need for all the digs.

I never said you did.

You said it under a quote from one of my posts, usually one would assume that the post would relate to the quote. :blink:

And i still fail to see how any of the above is a dig? Its not like headhunter has said anything particularly outlandish.

Would you call Brookers season so far anything other than a let down, for whatever reason?

don't be so touchy

I'll be as touchy as i like. :)

You said it under a quote from one of my posts, usually one would assume that the post would relate to the quote. :blink:

And i still fail to see how any of the above is a dig? Its not like headhunter has said anything particularly outlandish.

Would you call Brookers season so far anything other than a let down, for whatever reason?

I'll be as touchy as i like. :)

Of course its been a let down so far but he can't help being injured can he? Once he is back things should be a lot brighter :)

He could have helped getting nicked.

Yes that is true. But as i have explained before he was trying to defend Partridge and himself so its not all his fault as far as I'm concerned.

Yes that is true. But as i have explained before he was trying to defend Partridge and himself so its not all his fault as far as I'm concerned.

So who's fault is it hat he had a previous then?

I'm sorry Sarah, but just face it, a large part of Brookers failure to perform this season has been down to him and him alone. Granted he has been unlucky with injuries, but before the court case thingy, it showed that it was on his mind, and then missed a sizeable chunk on the inside.

So who's fault is it hat he had a previous then?

I'm sorry Sarah, but just face it, a large part of Brookers failure to perform this season has been down to him and him alone. Granted he has been unlucky with injuries, but before the court case thingy, it showed that it was on his mind, and then missed a sizeable chunk on the inside.

Yes but it is all behind him now and once he is fit things will look a lot brighter for him and the team.

Archived