IGNORED

Singing And All That

LSN

Friday, in the good ol' East End, dont you think we should be getting rid of all them tired 'stand up if you hate the gas' chants? Its all very good singing them when we are comfortably winning 1, 2 or 3 goals up but as we havn't been doing that lately, I really dont think it helps the players at all.

Everyone would know that we hate the gas anyway seeing as though we're from the same city, as with any derby game, but I really dont think that on friday, as the team is obviously in need with a kick up the arse that these lame chants will do the players any good.

We really do need to give them as much support and energy as we can, this way, if they do lose and bottle it once again, we cant say how we (the fans) could have done anything else to make it better etc

I cant wait for Rushden game on friday. I really do feel this game could kick start another unbeaten run. We really do need to get the players up for this and any songs and chants relating to them will help em. So enough of all this gas rubbish, they are gone now, its City we should all be focusing on and thats all!

I call for all eastenders to give the game on friday the best atmosphere yet, lets really get behind the team. This is our club and we should be in div 1 so lets get behind the team for another win.

Up the city

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I remember Swansea singing "If you hate Cardiff stand up" then switching to "if you love swansea jump around" for ages, it looked great - Switching between the two and it worked well.

We could have:

"if you hate the Gas sit down", followed by "If you hate Cardiff stand up", followed by "If you love City jump around"

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Will be there! Are they still giveing free choco doughnuts out when u buy something in the EE? Havn't bought anything since Chesterfield

Its not just about singing and chanting. Its about really getting behind your team. Its about creating an atmosphere. Its about making the oppsition players and not their fans feel intimidated.

Much has been said about Pompey fans singing in the face of defeat by Arsenal but were they really getting behind the team or just saving face.

Compare that to the atmosphere at the other quarter final on Sunday. Both sets of fans were quite literally roaring their teams on. Each time one attacked the noise from their fans reached a crescendo.

I know it will be hard but forget the last three games and just focus on getting our promotion bid back on track. Contrary to what some people would have you believe there is still a quarter of the season to go. Don't give up now.

Archived