IGNORED

Genuine Question....

yeovilmac

Thinking about things as you do, I was wondering whether Gary might have lost a little nous somewhere in the transfer market. Here's my thoughts...

Just a couple of months before he left, we signed Argentinian forward Pablo Bastianini. The player looked good in pre-season and most fans welcomed him. Within a matter of weeks, he looked lazy and over weight and shortly afterwards was shipped back to South America along with another two players from the same continent. His scoring record was average.

I wonder whether the whole episode has burnt Gary somewhat. Yes he has signed Weale, Jevons, Johnson and Fontaine but he knows them all from Yeovil. He has signed players on loan but in a way, loan signings aren't so much of a gamble as you can always send them back. Out of interest, he used to hate loanees at Yeovil, he said so publicly, as they could come in and disrupt the team spirit etc etc.

Not forgetting he took a look at Chris Cohen and didn't rate him. Chris on his day is the best midfielder in the division and made that decision look daft! :ph34r:

All managers will make a mistake. We let Scott Brown go for example.

People conveniently forget Johnson's best signing, Jamie Mcombe. He's been a rock this season.

Out of his other signings, Jevons has scored as many as Stewart this season I believe, abliet playing more games.

Johnson Jnr is our best midfielder so that's hardly a bad signing either.

Basso has on the whole been a good signing, and while he LOOKS like he could cost us games, he's hasn't cost us as many points as Phillips used to.

Those on the fringe are hardly bad players, Noble and Fontain are both good players.

The players that have let City down were here before Johnson, that is hardly his fault.

The only questionable part of his dealings have been in the loan market, especially forwards.

Basso has on the whole been a good signing, and while he LOOKS like he could cost us games, he's hasn't cost us as many points as Phillips used to.

I agree that he has been a good signing, but I would argue the point that he could cost us games, and looking at the season so far he has saved us in far more games than he has cost us or is likely to cost us.

Archived