IGNORED

Wurzuls Again ? Geeting Bored

Guest 1948

see we are likely to be subjected to the wurzuls again at the QPR game...

is that the best our commercial dept can come up with for so called entertainment, at least the young singers are live - seems the wurzuls can only mime these days + pick up a heathy wedge for just showing up...

things will have to improve once we go up ...and up

They only come down the Gate all the time because no-one else wants them.
I am 99% certain they are very heavily booked. Maybe not at the Albert Hall etc, but they are wanted.

Having opinions of them is fine- but why people have to have a dig at the club for it is beyond me.

The club put on entertainment pretty much every game I think. Some is good, some isn't. Some people like one thing, others like another thing.

It is impossible to get everyone's liking of something. Some people just want to be left in peace at half time.

Fair play to bcfc for doing something that is, I am sure, more popular than most events.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It is good that the club are providing better entertainment to be fair.

Like the comment above, I don't like the Wurzels but it will get a good atmosphere going.

We don't want to go back to stuff like the Wills girls (No relation) - That was shocking

is that the best our commercial dept can come up with for so called entertainment, at least the young singers are live - seems the wurzuls can only mime these days + pick up a heathy wedge for just showing up...

the wurzels mime on the pitch yes as it is not practicle to wire up their

gear for the space of time they are needed for, but in the red 'n' white

bar they play for 1hr ''live'' with 2 mimed songs (the combine harvester remix

& don't look back in anger) as they just use them 2 songs as a oncore..

they may not be everyones cup of tea but for that game we need a lift for

the fans to get them going so they can go on sing for the team...

they be ok the wurzels :)

Tut, tut 1948 - lots of spelling mistakes in your gripe about the legendary Wurzels. :P

Personally speaking I don't think the Wurzels are "entertainment" but plenty seem to like them so why not? I prefer that opera singing bloke from Knowle, Lee something-or-other, who has been down the Gate a few times. He's a far better singer and probably will be a star of the future.

Either that or wheel on The Big Time, Bristol's best rock covers band. They do the Queen Tribute at the Fleece every November. Blummin' fantastic.

Guest realjet
They only come down the Gate all the time because no-one else wants them.
Exactly. People dont actually like them, they're ####. It's just that they sing city songs so anyone who doesn't like them is a Gas 'ed or something... ;)

Simple solution: do not go to the R&W bar.

The Wurzels are fackin' geniuses of their particular agricultural/cider-swilling genre and, ipso facto, are above any criticism from anyone.

Stick to your Dido albums if that's what you're into.

Simple solution: do not go to the R&W bar.

The Wurzels are fackin' geniuses of their particular agricultural/cider-swilling genre and, ipso facto, are above any criticism from anyone.

Stick to your Dido albums if that's what you're into.

Technical point here, one of em is a haggis, hardly the agricultural/cider swilling genre. ;)

Different strokes for different folks, but sure the best Tem in the West could get someone a bit more er representitive of the area. Briz is hardly agricultural is it really, just a thought. 6th largest city and all.. ;)

and er no wont stick to Dido, shes ######* worse :Sleep12:

Aye I was somewhat amused when I met Tom (the Scottish one) and had a long chat with him some years ago. A bit like Jethro donning a kilt and trying to play the bagpipes....

... but fair play to Tom, he's adopted the City and the westcountry and is as Wurzely as the rest.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

There good for livening up the atmosphere and are great for promoting the West Country but saying that i wouldn't go to their concerts.

Well, there seems to be a lot of non-believers in the genius that is the Wurzels on here, so I think I had best stick my oar in and add my support to them! :D

Got their albums, been to gigs and will never forget singing 'Drink Up Thee Cider' at the top of my lungs when we won the LDV last year.

Come on, it's just a bit of harmless fun guys :dunno:

And as pointed out, if you don't like them, don't go :dunno:

People enjoy them coming down here. They may mime, may sing the same songs- but they get the response from the crowd you want.

Certainly last time I saw them in the Red and White Bar pre-match they were singing live and the atmosphere was great in there.

i think they make the crowd come alive a little bit more

Exactly. People dont actually like them, they're crap. It's just that they sing city songs so anyone who doesn't like them is a Gas 'ed or something... :dunno:
Erm.....Not too sure there are that many songwriters in the crowd......think you'll find that we sing Wurzels songs!!

And they are bloody good fun! (with 2 number 1 hits behind them!)

Exactly. People dont actually like them, they're crap. It's just that they sing city songs so anyone who doesn't like them is a Gas 'ed or something... :dunno:
Erm.....Not too sure there are that many songwriters in the crowd......think you'll find that we sing Wurzels songs!!

And they are bloody good fun! (with 2 number 1 hits behind them!) :dunno::D:(

Archived