IGNORED

York - A Banana Skin Skillfully Avoided

Whirling Ted Smith

I've just arrived back now! And only 40 miles to travel! Thought we did a professional job. BBC York was full of texts about how they matched us, how you couldn't tell which was the league team and how they controlled it. But form what I saw we were fine we let them play above their level by letting them play football but still played some decent stuff ourselves. Maybe a draw would have been a fair result but we never let them have a real chance in the second half.

We put in what was a real team effort with memorable contributions from everyone on the pitch. I must say that Enoch ran his heart out and put himself about like there was no tomorrow, Johnson was everywhere and McCombe made sure that their long balls came to nothing.

Well done Lads!

I've just arrived back now! And only 40 miles to travel! Thought we did a professional job. BBC York was full of texts about how they matched us, how you couldn't tell which was the league team and how they controlled it. But form what I saw we were fine we let them play above their level by letting them play football but still played some decent stuff ourselves. Maybe a draw would have been a fair result but we never let them have a real chance in the second half.

We put in what was a real team effort with memorable contributions from everyone on the pitch. I must say that Enoch ran his heart out and put himself about like there was no tomorrow, Johnson was everywhere and McCombe made sure that their long balls came to nothing.

Well done Lads!

not many people have mentioned the game yet who were actually there?

how did skuse do on the wing? sounded like he did ok,

what about jevon? did it help him to have a decent forward alongside him at last?

not many people have mentioned the game yet who were actually there?

how did skuse do on the wing? sounded like he did ok,

what about jevon? did it help him to have a decent forward alongside him at last?

To be honest I see us play so little these days that I find it difficult knowing who's who (it could be an age thing). Skuse certainly did ok in the first half - I was thinking why don't they give the ball to him more often. Jeavons put himself about and he did plenty off the ball but at times I was thinking he let himself get too wide. Enoch seemed to worry them more but maybe I wasn't watching what Jeavons was doing off the ball. Glasses were gettting pretty wet too!

Archived