IGNORED

Saddam: 148 Victims, Bush: Over 1,000,000 Victims

Collis

so where does the 1.000.000 figure come from?

More than one million dead Iraqi children and over millions of Iraqis have become casualties in this farce called democracy. The trial evidence should have included the deals that Rumsfeldt and Saddam cut.

Saddam may be evil but Bush and his administration are eviler if there is such a thing perhaps Satan�s very own hotline. So what sentence awaits the Bush Administration? Sanctions? Boycotting� or perhaps even exile?

Thats one side of the story.

Of course Bush did not directly order to kill all those people like Saddam did. Does that make it OK? Who is responsible for the deaths of those Iraqis and the British and American soldiers, Saddam? Bush? Blair?

Its all very interesting...

Yes, but these are the only deaths that he has been found guilty of causing.

Therefore a more accurate figure would be 148:0

something you should all think about history is always written by the victor therefore most of what you read is wrong .

saddam intrested in looking after no 1

bush interested in looking after no 1

no difference both should be hung

as for blair just a puppet or should that be muppet

Its not something I wrote myself. It was an article I read, which was very interesting.

How is it stupid then in you're opinion? Explain yourself Scoot!

I would have thought that was obvious, one's a confirmed number that someone has been convicted for, the other isn't!

On the other hand one's an estimate for Bush but doesn't include the estimate of deaths caused by Saddam.

Talk about unbalanced

Saddam killed those people to take-over a coutry and rule it his way while Bush, whatever your opinion of the war, has 'killed' those people trying to save the country.

Saddam also sentenced them to death with death warrants, which Bush hasn't.

I think if you look back in time bush got into power by rigging the votes he is no different than saddam and take a good look at who caused the problem in the first place thats right we did

something you should all think about history is always written by the victor therefore most of what you read is wrong .

saddam intrested in looking after no 1

bush interested in looking after no 1

no difference both should be hung

as for blair just a puppet or should that be muppet

But there will always be elements of truth.

For example, earlier (lazy sunday) i watched a programme about the First World War, which showed some of Germany's victories in and around the African and East Asian colonies.

148 is the total from the case for which he was prosecuted.

He was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths from his genocidal chemical warfare campaign against the Kurds. Add to that those killed in his original war of aggression in Kuwait, those killed by his secret police, those who were starved whilst Oil for food money lines his pockets and you're talking about someone who makes history's top ten evil monsters quite easily.

Bush is an incompetent moron who should never have been allowed near power but the civillian deaths during the Iraq war whilst tragic are nowhere near as many and more than outweighed by those people who have not been killed by Saddam since his removal from power (UN estimates he was killing 100,000 Iraqis per year).

Guest MaccaJK

SH was tried and sentanced for the massacre of these 148 in Dujail in 1982, following an uprising against him.

but in reality he carried out many more killings and other inhumane acts.

Guest MaccaJK

Indeed.

But if his death sentance is carried out, then he wont ever be tried for the other crimes against humanity he has committed.

we all know he did them so why let him have a trial.

BUT should his death sentance be carried out some of the more extreme people of the islamic faith may try and take matters into their own hands again.

we all know he did them so why let him have a trial.

Its a little thing called human rights, the right to a fair trial etc etc.

The same act that has also prompted 6 drug abusers to sue the prison service for failing to "wean" them off heroin, and make them go cold turkey.

Its also governed by the Geneva Convention i think, as Saddam is officially a POW.

Guest MaccaJK

Its a little thing called human rights, the right to a fair trial etc etc.

he doesn't deserve human rights. did he give fair trials to the people whom he killed?

how about the bloke who missed a penalty and had his ears cut off and was put in a cell for a year?

he doesn't deserve human rights. did he give fair trials to the people whom he killed?

how about the bloke who missed a penalty and had his ears cut off and was put in a cell for a year?

Which would make International Law an ass (more so than it is), by turning those who invade the country on the basis of overthrowing a tyrant into hypocrites (more so than they ever are).

I agree that he is too inhumance to deserve a trial, but lets not give supporters of terrorism more ammunition than theyve already got against the "corrupt" west.

Guest MaccaJK

Which would make International Law an ass (more so than it is), by turning those who invade the country on the basis of overthrowing a tyrant into hypocrites (more so than they ever are).

I agree that he is too inhumance to deserve a trial, but lets not give supporters of terrorism more ammunition than theyve already got against the "corrupt" west.

yeah thats a good point actually.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

The 148 is just taken from 1982?

What about the deaths caused by SH since then? Surely that would make for a fairer title?

He's currently on another trial for the murder of the Kurds of Falluja (I think) by use of nerve agents, and there are others to come.

Ben might know, but has he been done for the murders/rapes/kidnapping/looting of Kuwait in 1991? :dunno:

Archived