IGNORED

Adam Rooney..

Dolman_Stand

dublin born 19 year old physical striker, record of 4 goals in 2 starts and 5 subs appearances looks promising..

hasn't played this season

however any player who Pulis is willing to let join City have to be wary of! though he did score a hat-trick against Brighton on the last day of the season which makes me like him

worth a punt i suppose, some will find something to moan about though...........actually looking at him.....he's ginger! johnson what you playing at!

dublin born 19 year old physical striker, record of 4 goals in 2 starts and 5 subs appearances looks promising..

hasn't played this season

however any player who Pulis is willing to let join City have to be wary of! though he did score a hat-trick against Brighton on the last day of the season which makes me like him

worth a punt i suppose, some will find something to moan about though

Well i will be the first to have a moan :D when are we going to bring in a striker with EXPERIENCE...why always kids ? If Johnson is desperate for youth to get the chance then bring back Benyon, after all hes a City striker whose actually scoring.....from open play.

worth a punt i suppose, some will find something to moan about though...........actually looking at him.....he's ginger! johnson what you playing at!

HOW DARE YOU!! :grr:

Am I surrounded by bigots or something? :disapointed2se:

Weve got Heightists, Weightists and now Gingeists!!! :doh:

Have faith brother cause if Gary thought that a dwarf would add to our line up then I for one wouldnt consider it a tall order! :rofl2br:

Well i will be the first to have a moan :D when are we going to bring in a striker with EXPERIENCE...why always kids ? If Johnson is desperate for youth to get the chance then bring back Benyon, after all hes a City striker whose actually scoring.....from open play.

as previously mentioned on various threads, what decent experienced strikers are there that clubs are actually willing to let go on loan???

benyon has scored 2 goals so far, but prior to yesterday the St Alban's boss was going to send him back to city, but is now considering giving him another month?........what does that say about benyon, if a conference manager isn't too sure about keeping him there?

HOW DARE YOU!! :grr:

Am I surrounded by bigots or something? :disapointed2se:

Weve got Heightists, Weightists and now Gingeists!!! :doh:

Have faith brother cause if Gary thought that a dwarf would add to our line up then I for one wouldnt consider it a tall order! :rofl2br:

behave, just trying to beat the moaners to it.....anyway nothing wrong with fat, ginger dwarfs, well according to snow white anyway? :banana:

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, that the dreams in which I'm diying are the best ive ever had. says:

hey dude whats the Adam Rooney like for you then?

Nixski says:

why you havnt signed him, have you

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, that the dreams in which I'm diying are the best ive ever had. says:

on loan according to a paper

Nixski says:

ahhh

Nixski says:

well we gave hima run last season

Nixski says:

scored a hat trick against brighton :laugh:

Nixski says:

he started 2 games towards the end of last season - netted against reading, and scored a hat trick against brighton

yeah I remember you saying is he good though and will he score for us if we get him

Nixski says:

yes

Nixski says:

if you sign him permenently i will bomb your ground

So my mate likes him!

as previously mentioned on various threads, what decent experienced strikers are there that clubs are actually willing to let go on loan???

-------I don't actually know, but i thought that was Johnsons job to go out and find one.------

benyon has scored 2 goals so far, but prior to yesterday the St Alban's boss was going to send him back to city, but is now considering giving him another month?........what does that say about benyon, if a conference manager isn't too sure about keeping him there?

-----------Could well be that HES managed to find an Experienced striker to bring in :rolleyes: . But a lot of players only go on loan for a month, HES playing him, strange that he would do that, if YOU seem to insinuate he doesnt rate him.----------

-----------Could well be that HES managed to find an Experienced striker to bring in :rolleyes: . But a lot of players only go on loan for a month, HES playing him, strange that he would do that, if YOU seem to insinuate he doesnt rate him.----------

not me having a pop, below is what their manager said about him, prior to yesterdays game he was set to be sent back to city, just saying that if the manager their felt he wasn't doing enough to warrant an extended loan prior to the game then perhaps he isn't ready for a starting place with us yet

Elliot Benyon's return of two goals in five games and the impact he made when replacing Shaun Batt on 64 minutes didn't go unnoticed on the terraces, it was due to be the final match of the teenagers loan spell but he may well have done enough to persuade the City boss to have a change of mind. "Well, I'll be fair, he was (going back to Bristol City) (Colin then chuckled an almost embarrassed chuckle having told the player earlier in the week that his loan was not going to be extended) but I might have to think about it, I don't know."

http://www.sacfc.co.uk/index.php?option=co...82&Itemid=2

sounds like a possible good signing, personally rather have a young hungry striker who in a few apperances has shown a good eye for goal, rather than an old timer looking for his next pay day

have to say how many experienced forwards are going to drop down to league 1 for a month loan with basically very little chance of a perm deal?

sounds like a possible good signing, personally rather have a young hungry striker who in a few apperances has shown a good eye for goal, rather than an old timer looking for his next pay day

have to say how many experienced forwards are going to drop down to league 1 for a month loan with basically very little chance of a perm deal?

May not have to be a loan deal though, there must be someone with experience who the manager wants to bring in come january. We could do what Forrest did last year with Tyson.

May not have to be a loan deal though, there must be someone with experience who the manager wants to bring in come january. We could do what Forrest did last year with Tyson.

easy to do the same as forest last season, however finding someone is a different story, Gary keeps saying that finding such player is proving very tough, the bloke is looking but if clubs aren't letting players go there is only so much he can do.

easy to do the same as forest last season, however finding someone is a different story, Gary keeps saying that finding such player is proving very tough, the bloke is looking but if clubs aren't letting players go there is only so much he can do.

I don't agree that there are no better players available (than Corr or Adam Rooney) ...there ARE experienced strikers available........Gary just needs to look harder, maybe he could start by

asking some other managers for advice, Russell Slade managed to get an experienced goalscorer in on loan (and didn't even need to pay all the bloke's wages)......perhaps Gary should ask Russell how he managed it !!

Because .............according to Gary ....." clubs arn't willing to let experienced goalscorers go out on loan in case they get injuries and need the said player" , after all the clubs don't want to risk their season by letting such players out on loan, do they ?

Got to bow to Gary's wisdom on this one...........you can't expect another club to loan out an experienced proven scorer

when it would leave you short of cover..........I mean - that would be silly wouldn't it ?

CodeRed

I don't agree that there are no better players available (than Corr or Adam Rooney) ...there ARE experienced strikers available........Gary just needs to look harder, maybe he could start by

asking some other managers for advice, Russell Slade managed to get an experienced goalscorer in on loan (and didn't even need to pay all the bloke's wages)......perhaps Gary should ask Russell how he managed it !!

Because .............according to Gary ....." clubs arn't willing to let experienced goalscorers go out on loan in case they get injuries and need the said player" , after all the clubs don't want to risk their season by letting such players out on loan, do they ?

Got to bow to Gary's wisdom on this one...........you can't expect another club to loan out an experienced proven scorer

when it would leave you short of cover..........I mean - that would be silly wouldn't it ?

CodeRed

Sarcasm my friend is indeed the lowest form of whit. :disapointed2se:

Just repeat this mantra 100 times a day and your doubts will soon be gone:

"Gary knows best...." :me?:

Sorry but what do you actually know about Adam Rooney, scoring a hat-trick against Brighton and a goal against Reading seems very promising to me.

Also the fact that a few Stoke fans quite like him I reckon it could be a inspired loan signing.

Evening BC1992,

Rumour has it, his younger brother "WAYNE" fed up at Man U, and wants to have a go with our lot.

Now come on, I'm not one to wind forum members up am i....... :laugh:

CodeRed

:clapping: It would be really silly,cant imagine a club/manager doing that sort of thing though :rolleyes:

Let just hope it isn't this Adam Rooney! :rofl2br:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/news/tm_...-name_page.html

An ASBO youth whose face appeared on the back of a bus has breached his court order for the third time.

Adam Rooney, 20, of Wibsey Avenue, Park End, was the first person to be pictured on Teesside buses after he was given the Anti Social Behaviour Order in June.

Yesterday he narrowly avoided a custodial sentence when he appeared before Teesside magistrates for his third breach of his order.

Let just hope it isn't this Adam Rooney! :rofl2br:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/news/tm_...-name_page.html

An ASBO youth whose face appeared on the back of a bus has breached his court order for the third time.

Adam Rooney, 20, of Wibsey Avenue, Park End, was the first person to be pictured on Teesside buses after he was given the Anti Social Behaviour Order in June.

Yesterday he narrowly avoided a custodial sentence when he appeared before Teesside magistrates for his third breach of his order.

He would fit right in. :me?:

"Yesterday he narrowly avoided a custodial sentence when he appeared before Teesside magistrates for his third breach of his order" - that'll teach him then ........ to do it again - good old spineless british justice!

I don't think he is the one but this one might be....

"Adam Rooney is a barrister within the property litigation department of Nabarro Nathanson where he is involved regularly in court proceedings and arbitrations, as well as advising on major property transactions."

Lansdown to sell Ashton Gate

Archived