IGNORED

Lansdown Even Ruins Fm For Me

tommy doc

I finally managed promotion from the cess pit of League 1, and so tied star player Chris Cohen down to a new four year contract. As i prepared for life in the Championship, i was looking to build my team around midfield maestro Cohen, when Brighton came in with a £1.5 mil bid. Any right minded individual would turn their nose up in disgust at such an insulting offer. Yet somehow, despite being over £5 mil in the black, Lansdown decides we can't afford to turn down such an offer, makes the decision for me, and promptly flogs my best asset for considerably less than his value to the team.

I felt let down, and betrayed, and saw no other option than to resign immediatly. This really spoilt what was one of my most enjoyable games on fm ever.

Anyone else had Lansdown screw them over like this?

I finally managed promotion from the cess pit of League 1, and so tied star player Chris Cohen down to a new four year contract. As i prepared for life in the Championship, i was looking to build my team around midfield maestro Cohen, when Brighton came in with a £1.5 mil bid. Any right minded individual would turn their nose up in disgust at such an insulting offer. Yet somehow, despite being over £5 mil in the black, Lansdown decides we can't afford to turn down such an offer, makes the decision for me, and promptly flogs my best asset for considerably less than his value to the team.

I felt let down, and betrayed, and saw no other option than to resign immediatly. This really spoilt what was one of my most enjoyable games on fm ever.

Anyone else had Lansdown screw them over like this?

Ha i found this problem also - well it kind of worked in my favour!!!!

When i was at wolfsburg i was desperate for a solid cb quickly, so offered for Liam Fontaine - £1.3m - which was promptly accepted by the board who over reuled their manager! :clapping:

Why not? :dunno:

I'm top of the CCC and he IS one of mine so definitely good enough.

Just never really rated him on his defensive stats, I have now started another whole game and have put him in from the start, seeing as he was worth that much as a reserve.

He's doing ok, my assistant has just stated that he has started improving from playing 1st team games........... I'm about 1/2 the way through my 2nd season after finishing a massive goal difference above the relegation zone in my 1st seaon WITH Fontaine in the team :blink:

Like I say, now 1/2 of the way through season 2 and sat top of the league, Fontaine playing along side McElevley (Blackburn) while JFH is smashing the goals home for fun although he should be collecting his pension.

Having just looked, Fontaine's average rating is still only 6.96, where as McElevely's is 7.36, so Fontaine still isn't exactly setting the world on fire. :yawn:

Landown almost screwed me over, but didnt quite get away with it. :D

West Brom enquired how muw much I wanted for Dennis Boskailo, and to scare them off, I told them 2.5m.

They bid 2.5m for him, that I was going to turn down, but SL said the offer was too good to turn down, and accepted it.

DB agreed terms with West Brom, but they couldnt afford the fee, so he stayed with me. :dance:

I bet SL was spitting feathers. :laugh:

don't Have that problem luckily. Landsdown can't sell players from under me at erm....Palermo.

Funnily enough, I just pipped Palermo to the Serie A title. Well they came 2nd, 15 points behind my mighty Inter team, who I joined after taking Spurs to the League title and Champions league glory in just 2 seasons.

Going back to the chairman interference, it just worked IN my favour, as I wanted to buy Micah Richards, after he was named Best Player in the World cup (which I won with England, beating Italy 2-0 in the final, with goals from Carrick and Ashton). I bid 12.5m, which was turned down, I then made an enquiry which was dismissed, so I decided to bid 17m (he was worth 5.75m), which the chairman accepted on behalf of the manager. Sweet.

He now partners the mighty Ezequiel Garay in defence. :dance:

Funnily enough, I just pipped Palermo to the Serie A title. Well they came 2nd, 15 points behind my mighty Inter team, who I joined after taking Spurs to the League title and Champions league glory in just 2 seasons.

Going back to the chairman interference, it just worked IN my favour, as I wanted to buy Micah Richards, after he was named Best Player in the World cup (which I won with England, beating Italy 2-0 in the final, with goals from Carrick and Ashton). I bid 12.5m, which was turned down, I then made an enquiry which was dismissed, so I decided to bid 17m (he was worth 5.75m), which the chairman accepted on behalf of the manager. Sweet.

He now partners the mighty Ezequiel Garay in defence. :dance:

wicked, looks like i got him well cheap at £8.5million!!!!

BARGAIN!

Get peter Ben Hatira from some german club and Daniel Garlbraith - something like that from man u! both quality and young!

In fairness, Palermo do have some fantastic players. It a very tempermental squad however, and certain positions need bolstering.

Have signed Teddy Sheringham (who is 39 - I'm playing FM 06) for £200k, but should do a job for a season.

This was after Bergkamp turned me down. Am only a game into the season at the moment as ive had to trim a reserve and youth squad of around 50 players.

No chairman interferance yet, even after turning down £8m for Grosso.

• Admin
In fairness, Palermo do have some fantastic players. It a very tempermental squad however, and certain positions need bolstering.

Have signed Teddy Sheringham (who is 39 - I'm playing FM 06) for £200k, but should do a job for a season.

This was after Bergkamp turned me down. Am only a game into the season at the moment as ive had to trim a reserve and youth squad of around 50 players.

No chairman interferance yet, even after turning down £8m for Grosso.

It's FM2007 where this has become more prevalent.

Fontaine played in my promotion season but was always short on confidence for me and then did his cruciate so once he recovered I sold him to Portsmouth for £1.8m and a 40% sell on. Then a spanish club offered me a £2m 28 yr old Argie centre half with decent stats for bugger all and he only wanted 2 grand a week so I signed him up.

Archived