IGNORED

City Need To Get A New Striker

Guest Pinamonte

Guest Pinamonte

Obviously I'm gutted that City keep losing, especially against the bottom two sides in the last week, but the league table doesn't lie and the fact that we are still in second place suggests that our team is not doing too badly. Let's face it though, City are not the perfect team and I think that our main problem is scoring goals. I don't think we have really recovered from the loss of Scott Murray to be honest. He was not a centre forward but he did score a hell of a lot of goals, not to mention the number of goals that he used to make up for the other City players. We got that Ozzie lad Wilkshire in to replace him but he is better down the middle and then we got Goodfellow but he is left footed. The problem is that replacing a player like Murray is next to impossible at the level of football we are playing at and I don't think our strikers are good enough at creating chances on their own. Peacock has scored a few but I'm not a big fan and our other strikers, Lita and Miller are still quite young. What we need is a new centre forward who can get us a hatful of goals and then I think we will go up. It would be nice to have one of our old strikers back like Cole, Akinbiyi or Goater but they might not want to join up with us.

Guest dez_gimred

this 'new striker' topic has been done to death lately...

if DW wakes up he'll realise peacock + miller = slow partnership + few goals...

we dont need new strikers...we need our current strikers with players they can actually play with!

thats prob why we saw peacock sprinting up the line gainst wycombe...he needs someone pacey ie. roberts/goodfellow/lita to give our game a bit of kick!!

:)

Guest Pinamonte

What do people think of this Lita guy? I've seen him play a couple of times and he looks like he could be a bit of a handful if Danny gave him a chance.

Archived