IGNORED

We Will Go Up This Year!

brady bunch

Guest carter

the key to our promotion is to win are games and dont think about what the others until win ay them and win (hopefully) as if win can beat qpr, swindon, plymouth and brigthon an automatic place is ours especailly if we go unbeaten til end of season we will win it and the big uns are at home qpr , plymouth and brighton with swindon away.

yeah it is all dependent on the BIG games against the teams around us, they are going to be the deciders as to who goes up. It does seem a fitting end to the season that the top 4 are all playing each other, so I'd have to say that whoever does get the top 2 will of done it by beating the other top teams, so all kinda fair in the end.

We have going for us a big squad, no reliance on any particularly player, a replacement in the wings in nearly every position

Yes but those 'replacements waiting in the wings' aren't being utilised - yet. Even during the winning run we were s####ing results rather than killing teams off, basically succeeding through confidence (which was fantastic) rather than convincing performances.

As you say, this seems to be exactly what Plymouth are doing NOW. We're NOT doing it at the moment. But roll on Friday and maybe I'll be proved wrong!

Anyhoo, my heart says you're right, my head says "Hmm, I dunno, maybe..." but the final say must go to Tinman, who says "We've got the bottle" so I'll take him at his word. We ARE going up lads!

Couldnt agree more about key games. My nagging doubt is wether we finish second or third, cos if its third its good night Mary. We never do well in playoffs, its a confidence thing on and off the pitch- we aint the only ones to have it.

Finishing in the top two is the only way to go, and should be acheivable, BUT.....

I feel Swinedead and QPR are the major threats, QPR, like us have been there, but have slightly a better squad-experience wise, and they have the losing finalist memory, and Swinedead, well they have surprised me, to be honest. I didnt think they were anything special back at the Gate, and thought, wont see them again. If they dont go into a mare then we will have our work cut out there. We need to score goals, no goals, no promotion, its as simple as that.

Confidence eminates all over the pitch, defenders will deal with 80% coming their way all day, but the longer we go with out a goal, players, supporters and all will become anxious, and it spreads, quickly, and errors start on the pitch (as has happened lately,) and we start anxiously chanting and the opposition gain confidence and put chances away.

This is our problem, no goals, and it all goes Pete Tong. Thats why I'm wary. Thats why I never got too exited when we moved up the table, ending up top. Been here too often. The side has the makings, but its weak up front, and has two or threee players, not pulling their weight, and two or three others whose confidence is shot to ###### thanks to "quirky" management decisions. We need to win, and win convincingly on Friday to get going again, before you can say we are going to go up. Relying on others ######* up is not much of an option is it really?

We havent battered any half decent side yet, and with the amount of first half possesion we have had, someone must cop for it soon, it would be immaculate timing, and good to go if it comes down to goal difference, so hopefully City will put Rusty Dump to the sword Friday.. we are due a good victory.

and I hope I'm wrong about this season, sincerely, but I have been here too many times on this dusty road!! No doubt I will still be on it for many more years. I can say with confidence being a Cider-Red for life sure as hell aint boring is it?!

I'll tell you one big advantage Plymouth have over the others and in particular ourselves and QPR (see Hollowheads 'come round my house' quote).

SUPPORT.

They are fully behind their team and management especially since Sturrock's departure.

They are taking 2,000+ to places such as Blackpool and Notts C in the past couple of weeks.

We have 1,000 committed away support as an avarage and at home we have far too many moaners who get on the players backs within 20 minutes and do not support.

Support of your team and management will be vital in the coming 11 matches.

I'll tell you one big advantage Plymouth have over the others and in particular ourselves and QPR (see Hollowheads 'come round my house' quote).

SUPPORT.

But whilst we have the same loyal hardcore support year after year after year, where have all these 'diehard' Argyle fans suddenly materialised from? It's hardly surprising they can suddenly muster a big away following at the whiff of success, after years of abject failure and pitiful crowds, they finally have something to get excited about.

We on the other hand continue to provide impressive, solid support, whatever happens. Danny can make veiled jibes at our supporters if he likes, but of the top 3, it's us and QPR that have the genuine, loyal hardcore support, not Plymouth.

But whilst we have the same loyal hardcore support year after year after year, where have all these 'diehard' Argyle fans suddenly materialised from? It's hardly surprising they can suddenly muster a big away following at the whiff of success, after years of abject failure and pitiful crowds, they finally have something to get excited about.

We on the other hand continue to provide impressive, solid support, whatever happens. Danny can make veiled jibes at our supporters if he likes, but of the top 3, it's us and QPR that have the genuine, loyal hardcore support, not Plymouth.

Oh, I don't disagree, it is the continual abject failure that City and QPR supporters suffer which can provide this situation.

Plymouth were in a dark and dismal days only 3 years ago, since they have been riding the crest of steady improvement, Champions of Division 3, staedy consolodation last season and then out of nowhere this.

However, support will be worth 6/9 points in the coming weeks. Hence why the club have sacrifieced easy cash to open the East End against QPR and Plymouth.

support is a factor,

but I think our players have to overcome the problem we have in this area, which is not one of numbers, but a lack of vocal support and thanks to our recent history a tendancy to revert to a nervous state which gets transitted to the players on the pitch (home games mainly)

no amount of comment will change this, the East End has been a big help, but we have three stands that hold the bulk of the city fans, where alot of the noise is "lost".

Guest redeyes25
it's us and QPR that have the genuine, loyal hardcore support, not Plymouth.
spend a decade in the bottom division and you would be getting 5000 at home every week.. just like Plymouth did.. you only get 12000 when at the top of the 2nd Division.. for a city the size of Bristol, your support is not that impressive..

Archived