IGNORED

No Atmosphere

Barrs Court Red

I don't get annoyed when people don't sing, its there choice and some just don't like too.

However i just refuse to believe that all the quiet people there are the type that don't like too...

I'm sure there must be a thousand or so dotted about...

What I can't understand is why so many people go to football wearing replica shirts, yet sit in silence untill we are winning.

Nick Hornby generation in full affect.

3 lads friends of mine down from London today to watch the match.

Couldnt belive how quiet the City ground was.

Loved the stadium, loved the Cider, enjoyed the game, but MOURGE comes to mind?

Makes me feel CIDERHEAD,s East End thread is what the club should try and sort. It MUST surely now be given another chance.

My opinion only

3 lads friends of mine down from London today to watch the match.

Couldnt belive how quiet the City ground was.

Loved the stadium, loved the Cider, enjoyed the game, but MOURGE comes to mind?

Makes me feel CIDERHEAD,s East End thread is what the club should try and sort. It MUST surely now be given another chance.

My opinion only

I will suprisingly agree with you there :dance::chant6ez:

What I can't understand is why so many people go to football wearing replica shirts, yet sit in silence untill we are winning.

Nick Hornby generation in full affect.

What is the Nick Hornby generation exactly?

I sang my heart out all game as usual so I feel that I have made a contribution to the win!

Seems that more and more people are getting fed up with the lack of atmosphere around grounds across the country. It's more frustrating than annoying as if more fans shouted and sung for 90 minutes the impact on the performances would be immense! From a personal point of view I can't really understand how fans especially those who go to every game aren't that vocal :(

How do you know? I assume you were sat in your big comfie armchair.

Sky coverage good today? Watch Middlesboring vs. Liverbore ?

I like you your funny as well as a reknowned fisherman.

Actually I was working till 2.30 then on here and sporting life following my one and only team :city:

Sometimes you have to make a stand and mine is I will now only watch my team from the E.E or a replacement stand or away from home. :dunno

Now go and annoy someone else :D

I remember when I was a lad my family used to live in Hotwells, and on a match day, I'd help my mum with the shopping, and you could hear the crowds singing right in the middle of Clifton village.

Now I live less than a stone throw from the Gate, and on match days I can hardly hear a thing.

Now I know this is highly subjective, but I'm sure it isn't a rose tinted perspective - the Gate definitely used to make more of a roar 10 years ago :chant6ez:

I'm sure opening the East End will bring some of that back, but what else can we do to raise the decibels again?

:city::chant6ez:

It is truly awful down at the gate at the moment.Time after time many of us complain on here about the lack of singing and yet its still the same old thing.

When there is ever any singing its always that God awful "cooome on you reds" which sounds so drawn out with hardly ever effort then dies out after two attempts.Now many other fans take the likes of Forest sing the same song but far quicker and it sounds better.

Its like a Rugby match nowadays.The only noise you hear is when there is some expectant screming when we are on a counter attack.

Last night I watched the Crewe DVD.Bloody awful(and I don't just mean the quality).The atmosphere on there is dire and this was one of the most attractive games to watch this season.

In a nutshell its embarrassing .Every other forum I go on it is forever mentioned how quiet it is at Ashton Gate.

Something needs to be done but then it doesnt help when you are surrounded by "non Bristolian students" who are catching a local game and 15 year old girls wandering around trying trying to catch the eye of the burberry boys that frequent the place :angry:

I remember when I was a lad my family used to live in Hotwells, and on a match day, I'd help my mum with the shopping, and you could hear the crowds singing right in the middle of Clifton village.

Now I live less than a stone throw from the Gate, and on match days I can hardly hear a thing.

Now I know this is highly subjective, but I'm sure it isn't a rose tinted perspective - the Gate definitely used to make more of a roar 10 years ago :chant6ez:

I'm sure opening the East End will bring some of that back, but what else can we do to raise the decibels again?

:city::chant6ez:

Maybe its because the Atyeo stand wasn't there in the old days, so the sound went away up in the air and floated on a wave of nostalgic gossamer across to Clifton enabling the villagers therein to enjoy the tuneful and poetic chanting and singing of the ............

It is truly awful down at the gate at the moment.Time after time many of us complain on here about the lack of singing and yet its still the same old thing.

When there is ever any singing its always that God awful "cooome on you reds" which sounds so drawn out with hardly ever effort then dies out after two attempts.Now many other fans take the likes of Forest sing the same song but far quicker and it sounds better.

Its like a Rugby match nowadays.The only noise you hear is when there is some expectant screming when we are on a counter attack.

Last night I watched the Crewe DVD.Bloody awful(and I don't just mean the quality).The atmosphere on there is dire and this was one of the most attractive games to watch this season.

In a nutshell its embarrassing .Every other forum I go on it is forever mentioned how quiet it is at Ashton Gate.

Something needs to be done but then it doesnt help when you are surrounded by "non Bristolian students" who are catching a local game and 15 year old girls wandering around trying trying to catch the eye of the burberry boys that frequent the place :angry:

Know what you mean. There were 3 young girls sat in front of me yesterday who spent more of the game looking behind them at the back of the stand than watching the game.........bloody irritating !!

Know what you mean. There were 3 young girls sat in front of me yesterday who spent more of the game looking behind them at the back of the stand than watching the game.........bloody irritating !!

To be honest with you, I've stopped going cause the atmosphere is sh*te. It's better to go and have a few pints in the Chicken on a Saturday for atmosphere.

And, by the way, if the authourities ever want to see evidence of the fact that alcohol has nothing to do with making people kick off, they should study the "premier seating area" - they have access to a fully stocked bar an hour before kick off and during half time, and there's about as much atmosphere there as there is on the moon.

It makes me feel ashamed :disapointed2se:

To be honest with you, I've stopped going cause the atmosphere is sh*te. It's better to go and have a few pints in the Chicken on a Saturday for atmosphere.

And, by the way, if the authourities ever want to see evidence of the fact that alcohol has nothing to do with making people kick off, they should study the "premier seating area" - they have access to a fully stocked bar an hour before kick off and during half time, and there's about as much atmosphere there as there is on the moon.

Same as. I don't go as the Atmosphere is Pitifull. When will the grown ups understand? I would quite happily come back if something was done. :disapointed2se:

It's such a shame that passionate vocal supporters like both of you aswell as many others are put off going down the gate and just football in general because of the way the authorities and the current crop of supporters are. :(

What would need to be done to entice you back? The EE being open i should imagine but apart from that...

Same as. I don't go as the Atmosphere is Pitifull. When will the grown ups understand? I would quite happily come back if something was done. :disapointed2se:

Great I am not alone; BRING ON THE 12TH MAN

So does every fan via the Red and White Bar :dunno:

It's such a shame that passionate vocal supporters like both of you aswell as many others are put off going down the gate and just football in general because of the way the authorities and the current crop of supporters are. :(

What would need to be done to entice you back? The EE being open i should imagine but apart from that...

What's really sad is that it hasn't put me off Football or City in general - I went to the Brentford match and that was ###### ace. Plenty of "drink up ye zider...." and for most of the match we outsang their fans.

Contrast that with the previous game against Oldham at home (the last one down the Gate I went to) and the atmosphere was a like a morgue.

We have to face facts - it's the Gate, and I despair about what to do with it. :crying:

What's really sad is that it hasn't put me off Football or City in general - I went to the Brentford match and that was ###### ace. Plenty of "drink up ye zider...." and for most of the match we outsang their fans.

Contrast that with the previous game against Oldham at home (the last one down the Gate I went to) and the atmosphere was a like a morgue.

We have to face facts - it's the Gate, and I despair about what to do with it. :crying:

Open the East End and close the library perhaps.....

There is no doubt that AG was full of atmosphere and noise in the 70's (when we had a really good team)and even some of the 80's....However its been 17 years since the league cup semi-final and being in a third rate division since the early 80's also contributes to the problem....Having supporters to sing against helps....

Nevertheless opening the East End for when we get promoted this season for the start of next is realistic and sensible.....

The chicken atmosphere :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

So does every fan via the Red and White Bar :dunno:

Every fan?

That means that it is serving 92 supporters a minute (11,000 supporters / 120 minutes)

I don't know a bar in Bristol that can do that, let alone down the Gate.... :dunno:

The chicken atmosphere :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

My point exactly, it's a good laugh, considerably more so than AG at the moment

I mean, for gods sake, there must be some article in the European Law of Human Rights that says we can't be forced to sit down at a sports match? If we could get the bloody seats taken out that would go a considerable way to sorting it out. Is there a lawyer on this board??

Just a thought, but if the majority of City fans genuinely want the East End open because they reckon it's like a morgue at the mopment, why don't they just...well...you know...sing? If more than half the people in the ground were actually singing the atmosphere would be positively volcanic, regardless of where in the ground they were singing from. :dunno:

Just a thought, but if the majority of City fans genuinely want the East End open because they reckon it's like a morgue at the mopment, why don't they just...well...you know...sing? If more than half the people in the ground were actually singing the atmosphere would be positively volcanic, regardless of where in the ground they were singing from. :dunno:

That is very true and it is a good point. The only way that half the ground would sing is by having large singing areas where the noise could spread. As much as people like to sing some who do and sit in areas like C Block Dolman are not going to stand up and start a chant as no one will continue it. In theory then it is only ever going to be the case where 3 pockets make any noise (currently E Block Williams, H Block Ateyo and G Block Dolman). We can dream though i guess.

I think opening the Eastend would be a great start. Open it up and i don't mean just for 1 game to try and see if it works and prove a point without giving it a fair crack of the whip. Keep it open for a while, few home games and the place will be buzzing.

I think part of the problem is a lack of autonomy -stroke- sheepishness. With willing vocals scattered all over - lays the problem.

You must admit the current general ambience of the city 'faithful' is dire.

Being a little cheeky now, you continually speak as though you're part of the Club's political spin doctor/hierarcy/Alistair Camble stylee type bloke (if you get me?)

Is, what we moan about a real issue or is it not? If so, what should The Club do within it's powers to deal with it?

(I know at the end of the day all that's said on these forum's and indeed all that the fan's attidudes infer mean nout to the higher power's that are - but a response to the above point's would be good to hear)

Bottom line - do they really give a Donald Duck or not???

Archived