IGNORED

If We Need Another Striker?

cityfan

I'd say, lets try and get back Christian Roberts.

He was sold for a paltry £20,000 and maybe because him and Tinnion didn't appear to get on.

We have 2 good strikers in Brooker and Showumni. Both hold up well, link play, are cool customers in front of goal and both are goal scorers. But after that, we are struggling and Jevons doesn't appear to be the answer does he?! Mire-Williams is tricky, but not a goal scorer, Scott Murray doesn't have much time left and there is nothing else after that.

Roberts would be a much better option with these 2 as he has pace, power and strength, two good feet and does score. Perhaps Johnson could bring out the best in him and also continue his current goalscoring form.

Sometimes it does work to bring the occasional player back - Just look at Carey and what a star he has been.

He was sold for a paltry £20,000 and maybe because him and Tinnion didn't appear to get on.

We have 2 good strikers in Brooker and Showumni. Both hold up well, link play, are cool customers in front of goal and both are goal scorers. But after that, we are struggling and Jevons doesn't appear to be the answer does he?! Mire-Williams is tricky, but not a goal scorer, Scott Murray doesn't have much time left and there is nothing else after that.

Roberts would be a much better option with these 2 as he has pace, power and strength, two good feet and does score. Perhaps Johnson could bring out the best in him and also continue his current goalscoring form.

Sometimes it does work to bring the occasional player back - Just look at Carey and what a star he has been.

Always liked Roberts as he was a wildcard, capable of being really brilliant at other times dire, but rarely boring.Definitely would have too much baggage with his past drinking probs etc though,so can't see him top of GJ's xmas list.

I don't think it would be a good a idea, 100 per cent fair play to the lad for getting through his problems with the the drink, but I'm not sure GJ would be interersted. I doubt CR would be either to be honest, as it appears Swindon have been very good to him and helped him through the tough times, times that may have been at thier worst when he was a AG, so he may not want to return to Bristol at all.

If he wasn't involved in a drinking culture at City then I don't see why not. We now offfer him a better chance to play at a higher level and most of the squad that was around at his playing time at City, management included, have moved on so it would be a fresh start unless his memories of playing with City are SO BAD.

I would love to see his pace and attacking spirit back at City for that second half rampage that I miss so much

no way, hes a welsh alcoholic

Didn't he have drink and car accident problems at Swindon. :dunno:

We have 2 good strikers in Brooker and Showumni. Both hold up well, link play, are cool customers in front of goal and both are goal scorers.

And both play about 33 games a season.

But after that, we are struggling and Jevons doesn't appear to be the answer does he?! Mire-Williams is tricky, but not a goal scorer, Scott Murray doesn't have much time left and there is nothing else after that.

Murray isn't a striker and both JMW & Jevo need a target man to play off

Perhaps but Roberts is scoring in a lower division and there are better players available.

Archived