IGNORED

Transfer Targets

tin

Sorry people, it's been said time and time again now. But we need someone who'll come in and fire us to promotion over the next 11 games. If you're reading this DW I pray you go out and loan Dean Sturridge from Wolves. Just come back from loan spell at Sheff Utd, a proven goalscorer at a higher level languishing in Wolves reserves. What do you guys reckon? If DW is reading this, who would you tell him to go out and sign?

Top shout I rate him massively and think he would secure us many a needed goal. Maybe we may not get him permenant because of his wages but if he can come down if only until the end of the season and we have to pay higher wages than normal it would be worth it to get us up. This would then give us the summer to find that goalscorer we need.

Sturridge good shout or Lisbie from Charlton he maybe more difficult to get as he would have to drop from the Prem..!

Sturridge, brilliant idea, did his hamstring in his first match on loan at Sheff U and spent the remainder of it injured, probably on about 8k a week, which would work out at around 40k for ten minutes if his loan with us turned out the same.

Another misguided idea along the lines of Lisbie, who has been injured for months.

Our solution should be to give Roberts a start, he scored 17 last season and has played the full 90 minutes up front just once this time around.

There are at least 20 clubs looking for this type of player, most of whom pay more than we do and in most cases the player wouldn't have to move house.

Sturridge, brilliant idea, did his hamstring in his first match on loan at Sheff U and spent the remainder of it injured, probably on about 8k a week, which would work out at around 40k for ten minutes if his loan with us turned out the same.

Another misguided idea along the lines of Lisbie, who has been injured for months.

Our solution should be to give Roberts a start, he scored 17 last season and has played the full 90 minutes up front just once this time around.

There are at least 20 clubs looking for this type of player, most of whom pay more than we do and in most cases the player wouldn't have to move house.

Agree - people seem to be too willing to look elsewhere for players. We have a good squad and players like Roberts and Lita who could play a key role up front for us.

Roberts needs to be given a chance up front in his preferred position, he can score goals for us, as can Lita, as can Miller and Peacock. We have 4 good strikers available to us, why look elsewhere?

Sorry people, it's been said time and time again now. But we need someone who'll come in and fire us to promotion over the next 11 games. If you're reading this DW I pray you go out and loan Dean Sturridge from Wolves. Just come back from loan spell at Sheff Utd, a proven goalscorer at a higher level languishing in Wolves reserves. What do you guys reckon? If DW is reading this, who would you tell him to go out and sign?

Tin,

We've been discusing this for DAYS.

Where have you been?

See:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6828

Dean Sturridge would be a great loan signing, but he has been injured recently.

http://www.footymad.net/leagues/loadfnws.a...5434&teamno=463

Bird trouble had kept me away for a few days! Typical! It's just a suggestion about Sturridge because I've been beating on about a change up top for weeks, yet the games drift by and nothing happens. Personally, i would go with Miller and Lita with Roberts on the bench on friday but will it happen? Almost definately not. It's just frustration people! I'm getting very agitated about letting this slip!

It's just a suggestion about Sturridge because I've been beating on about a change up top for weeks, yet the games drift by and nothing happens
Youve hit it on the head there. We need a small change up front, but why bother getting a new player when we have Roberts and Lita who can do a brilliant job up there already? Wilson just needs to get into his head that Peacock and Miller aren't going to be on fire month in month out. This time its being month out, so we need to either give Leroy or Roberts a run up front.

Plus, I will be surprised if the board can afford to pay anymore wages on players.

City have shelled out money on new players already and its highly unlikely they'd spend more.... look at it this way....

SCENE: BCFC Boardroom... SL sitting writing at his desk.. door knocks,in comes DW.

SL: Hello, Danny, how are things with the team?

DW: Ee b'eck, team won't go up this yer, need more munny t' bah 'nuther player.

SL: But we've given you money already to buy three new ones!

DW: Aye yuh did, b' gum, but even though' bought forward an' two midfielders, it ain't going t' git us oop.

SL: We believed these three new players would get us up. Now we might not? Well Danny, investing money into new players is a risky business. Can you say the new player you get will get us promotion?

DW: Ummm...no.

SL: Ah.

DW: Does tha' mean ah've ta make do wit' current lot?

SL: I'm afraid so Danny. Now get the whips out and flog 'em mercilessly until we get promotion.

Buying more players is no guarantee of getting promotion, yet some of you here seem to believe that. Its guaranteed to get the club deeper into debt, and it may well be that the club could spend millions on players who'd end up failing us. I don't think its a case of buying more, its a case of utilising the ones we have to the best of their ability.

Archived