IGNORED

Zx Spectrum Gamertags

Dorset_Cider

I used to love the spectrum Daly Thompsons Decathlon although I broke the keyboard from using the keys too much for running!! They didnt have a joystick in them days :(

& Horris Goes Skiing - Spectrum gems they were!

I just had to google ZX Spectrum.

Alas a little before my time.

Commodore 64, now thats a different story.

Yup the C64 ruled. :yes:

Spent many-a days bunking off school to play Winter Games, Ghosts n' Goblins, etc

After the C64 was the Amiga, then came the Nintendo, then the Sega Master System, then the Mega Drive, then the PS1, then the PS2.....

& Horris Goes Skiing - Spectrum gems they were!

Yup the C64 ruled. :yes:

Spent many-a days bunking off school to play Winter Games, Ghosts n' Goblins, etc

After the C64 was the Amiga, then came the Nintendo, then the Sega Master System, then the Mega Drive, then the PS1, then the PS2.....

I found a mega drive at work t'other day.

If they don't want it I'm going to claim it.

:)

Invaders?

I was more of a Chuckie Egg fan myself

There was invaders yeah but there was also a spaceship one will have to ask my brother cos it was his computer I just hogged it all the time! I managed to spill coffee over my mates Commadore 64 Digdug and Bolderdash were never the same again :crying:

Can I come over & play?

:blink:

I don't think you're quite my type.

I think I might still have some games somewhere....

Ooh, what games ya got? Perhaps some mass-organised-retro-computer games tournament is required.

:juggle:

Read this as well:

On March 23, 2006, it was announced at the Game Developers Conference in San Jose, California that Nintendo will offer Sega Mega Drive/Genesis game ports on the Wii home console. However it is not yet clear whether this includes all titles in the console's back catalogue. The announcement also stated that PC Engine games would be available for download to the virtual console.

On May 22, 2006 Super Fighter Team released Beggar Prince, a game translated from a 1996 Chinese original. It is the first commercial Sega Megadrive game since 1998 in the North American market. It was released worldwide.

At Tokyo Game Show on September 21, 2006, Ken Kutaragi, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, announced that Sega Mega Drive/Genesis game ports will be available on the PlayStation Network Platform (network service for the Playstation 3). No specific titles or price points have been confirmed as of yet, with Kutagari simply stating that these specifics will be discussed with individual publishers. This, however, was later contradicted by SEGA Japan when a short statement was issued stating "that such claims are not correct at this point".[8]

:blink:

I don't think you're quite my type.

:crying:

Ooh, what games ya got? Perhaps some mass-organised-retro-computer games tournament is required.

Altered Beast & Shinobi I think. There's a stack of others but I can't remember what with out having a gander in the loft.

Where's my brother? He'd know as he spent even more time than me infront of the idiot box......

Here I am, here I am, how do you do!? .... where was that from?!!?

Well one of the best Mega Drive games was Dessert Strike! That rocked! Of course, that's when EA launched a game called FIFA International Soccer and the keeper could palm the ball over the bar. It looked Sooooo impressive.....then you realise he does it nearly all the time! Of course the first ever decent football game on a computer was Kick Off 2 on the Amiga! I lost many years playing that! Kick Off on the C64 might have been ok, but it never loaded on mine.

Other great games on Megadrive include - Golden Axe, Flashback (also great on Amiga), Gain Ground, John Madden American Football, NHL Ice Hockey, Lemmings Tribes (although better on Amiga due to mouse control), The Lost Vikings, Lotus II, Streets of Rage, Micro Machines, Might & Magic, Mortal Kombat & Mutant League.

That's all I can think of for now. You can still buy all of these games too. Now, if my old dear never gave my megadrive away hoping I'd forget about it then I'd have great fun still playing it! Grrrrrrrrr!

Here I am, here I am, how do you do!? .... where was that from?!!?

Child's nursery rhyme/song, Peter Pointer, Ruby Ring, Baby Small etc, haven't heard it for years though. Nursery rhymes I do know, megadrives not a clue!

Brother did have a spectrum, and wasn't it a ZX81 or something before that???

Brother did have a spectrum, and wasn't it a ZX81 or something before that???

Never actually owed a Spectrum though I used to play on a matesa'. Commodore Vic20 for me. I loved that chunky keyboard! Spent endless ours playing Blue Meanies and Pirates Cove.

Not sure, I only remember the ZX Spectrum!

My computer lifecycle went like this (in order):

Atari (those early ones with pong!)

Vic 20

C64

NES

Amiga

Megadrive

PC

PS1

Gameboy Advanced

Xbox

PSP

....looking at a Wii, but waiting to see what happens in the 360 Vs PS3 battle!

Well one of the best Mega Drive games was Dessert Strike!

I have recently downloaded a load of old games, and this was one of them. I played it for about 2 hours straight away :)

Of course the first ever decent football game on a computer was Kick Off 2 on the Amiga!

No way! Although Kick Off 2 was great (even greater if playing with your own Player Manager team), Match Day 1 & 2 were superb on the old Spectrum

Now, if my old dear never gave my megadrive away hoping I'd forget about it then I'd have great fun still playing it! Grrrrrrrrr!

I think I still have one up my parents house somewhere with a bunch of old games (Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Basketball, Sonic etc)

If you go to Limewire and download a program called 100+old school games you can get some real good old arcade games. Hypersports anyone??

I have recently downloaded a SNES and N64 emulator with loads of games from there too, including probably the greatest console game of all time SuperMario Karts :thumbsup:

Had a Spectrum when I was a {very} wee niper.

Have vague memories of a game called 'F.A Cup' which consisted, quite ingeniusly, of a screen showing football results in a vidiprinter fasion. Thats it. I imagine I was amazing at it!

Don't know if anyone can shed light, but was there not also a game in which you worked in a supermarket, having to go aisle to aisle clearing up stuff. Sounds enthralling I know, it was either a very early childhood computing memory, or an eerie glimpse into my inevitable career path . . . . . . . . . .

Don't know if anyone can shed light, but was there not also a game in which you worked in a supermarket, having to go aisle to aisle clearing up stuff.

Are you sure it wasn't some YTS scheme?

There was a game called 'Don't buy this' - could it have been that?

Had a Spectrum when I was a {very} wee niper.

Have vague memories of a game called 'F.A Cup' which consisted, quite ingeniusly, of a screen showing football results in a vidiprinter fasion. Thats it. I imagine I was amazing at it!

Don't know if anyone can shed light, but was there not also a game in which you worked in a supermarket, having to go aisle to aisle clearing up stuff. Sounds enthralling I know, it was either a very early childhood computing memory, or an eerie glimpse into my inevitable career path . . . . . . . . . .

I can remember FA Cup, i think you picked 10 teams and followed your team as far as they got. Very simple but very addictive.

Ah the Spectrum

Werewolve Of london was my fav game, i still play it now as I downloaded it to play on pc.

There were some cracking games, Spy Hunter, Tail Gunner, Jet Set Willy to name a few.

Amiga will always hold my fonsdest memories. Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer, Elite 2, Speedball 2, Road Rash - Classics

EA are remaking Road Rash next year!! Oh, for legal purposes that's purely a rumour! ;-) It'll be on Next Gen and all!! Should be good! I loved that game, played it all the time on the Megadrive!

Did anyone else break several joysticks playing decathlon?!!?

Amiga will always hold my fonsdest memories. Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer, Elite 2, Speedball 2, Road Rash - Classics

Every single one, an absolute diamond. I also loved World Class Leaderboard, Megalomania and Chaos Engine.

Did anyone else break several joysticks playing decathlon?!!?

Every single person that played it for any length of time. I used to love the penalty shootout, on Daley Thompsons Supertest.

For all your Spectrum nostalgia, look no further than here.

And theres some decent remakes here. Head over Heels being particulary good :)

Wow..... nice one dude.... two fav raves that I spent more than a few great evenings in playing.......... there were a few others as well ;)

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cg...amp;loadpics=on

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cg...amp;loadpics=on

Both so simple but ace........... it's not all about flashy graphics modern folks..... but these were adictive and good looking too for those days and nights gone past :)

I still have them and many others in loft...... erm along with my ZX48k and 128k.......... plus The Specdrum add on was and still is a very cheap linn drum type thang....... for those like myself that even tried to make music on the ZX

Archived