IGNORED

If Not Holt

mtraveller

i'm more concerned with the service our current strikers are getting (lack of)

rather than bringing in another striker, bit more effort in the middle of midfield

and on the flanks creating stuff for a pocher style jevons :juggle:

any how brooker will be back soon.

I agree, we need to bring in quality to that left hand side first

Nah they don't need him.

I think Calderwood sees Tyson and Agogo as the first choices and then he has Harris and Dobie for backup as well as Holt + several others.

Rumour is that they're in for Jarvis from Gillingham (winger) and funding that is why they were keen to offload Holt.

Just reading the Evil Post and they say Forest are offloading Holt to get Hoskins! proof they get their best rumours from here! :D

I'm with you though, Jarvis seems the more likely.

Hoskins, born Nottingham.

Are Forest offloading Holt to the highest bidder to bring Hoskins home!

Got it in one

So, as they haven't now got our cash to finance the deal there are two ways this can go.

We sign Holt after he's been told by CC that he's on a "Stewart"

We sign Hoskins instead of them.

Simple

Just reading the Evil Post and they say Forest are offloading Holt to get Hoskins! proof they get their best rumours from here! :D

I'm with you though, Jarvis seems the more likely.

Can't see the Gills selling him until Jan,as he won't sign a new contract and we'd have to exceed £300k as they've already rejected £250k from Plymouth.

I'd like to see him here though.

Got it in one

So, as they haven't now got our cash to finance the deal there are two ways this can go.

We sign Holt after he's been told by CC that he's on a "Stewart"

We sign Hoskins instead of them.

Simple

:chant6ez: I like the way you think! Not only would we be buying an ace looking player but also getting one over on our fellow promotion challengers! :dance:

Can't see the Gills selling him until Jan,as he won't sign a new contract and we'd have to exceed £300k as they've already rejected £250k from Plymouth.

I'd like to see him here though.

I would like to think that if Jarvis is anywhere on Lansdown's and GJ's "arm-long" list then we would at least try and bring him here.

We need a winger or two, the lad is obviously looking to move on and we must have some money to play with, otherwise the Holt stuff would not have surfaced. And with the guy only being 20 year old and Plymouth only being a single division above it won't ruin his career waiting six months to be plying his trade at a higher level.

Dismiss Knight at your peril, he is a proven goalscorer who would get us the goals that we sadly lack. Forget his past, I am only interested in City going up forget personalities goals are all that matter, or perhaps keep Barry Corr he seems like a nice lad, doesn't score too much but a bloody nice bloke.

... So is Baz, but we don't want him back..... :devil::devil::city:

:chant6ez: I like the way you think! Not only would we be buying an ace looking player but also getting one over on our fellow promotion challengers! :dance:

I would like to think that if Jarvis is anywhere on Lansdown's and GJ's "arm-long" list then we would at least try and bring him here.

We need a winger or two, the lad is obviously looking to move on and we must have some money to play with, otherwise the Holt stuff would not have surfaced. And with the guy only being 20 year old and Plymouth only being a single division above it won't ruin his career waiting six months to be plying his trade at a higher level.

Why would he come here, when he could go to Plymouth, a championship club pushing for a play off spot?

Why would he come here, when he could go to Plymouth, a championship club pushing for a play off spot?

Teletext says Charlton are interested so we are even further down the pecking order.

My money on us actually buying someone would be No-one! I think the Holt rumour was started at the City end to appease the fans. Mr Landsdown will not spend money (His or the clubs) just carry on spinning us yarns about this target and that

Hang on a minute. Holt is quoted as being told by Calderwood that Forest had accepted a bid from City and that he ( Holt) had to get his ar5e down to Bristol to discuss terms with BCFC. Holt then goes on to say that after meeting with City he rejected the move as he preferred to stay in Nottingham and see things through there after discussing things with his wife who is on the verge of giving birth to their child.

That's one herll of an elaborate rumour City managed, especially if they were able to get Holt to confirm everything on the record.

Hang on a minute. Holt is quoted as being told by Calderwood that Forest had accepted a bid from City and that he ( Holt) had to get his ar5e down to Bristol to discuss terms with BCFC. Holt then goes on to say that after meeting with City he rejected the move as he preferred to stay in Nottingham and see things through there after discussing things with his wife who is on the verge of giving birth to their child.

That's one herll of an elaborate rumour City managed, especially if they were able to get Holt to confirm everything on the record.

Not to mention that Lansdown has a track record of investing in players and backing managers... Wilkshire, Miller, Heffernan, Brooker just a few examples.

Just saw this on the Beeb web site. I bet Holt is really p155ed off to learn that his trip to Bristol was just part of an elaborate hoax by City's Chairman to make City fans think that he was prepared to buy in a decent player!

Sorry I'm not technologically smart enough to do those clever link things so had to cut and paste!

City move not right - Forest star

Holt joined Forest from Rochdale for £300,000 last season

Nottingham Forest's top scorer Grant Holt has explained why he rejected a move to Bristol City last week.

"Out of courtesy to City, I went to talk to them, but at the moment I don't think it's the right move," the striker told the Nottingham Evening Post.

"But I'm disappointed that the club don't value me enough to keep me here when I've got eight goals this season.

"It's not a nice position to be put in when my wife's got three weeks to go before she gives birth."

Holt, 25, moved to the City Ground from Rochdale for £300,000 in January - and the bid Forest accepted from City was reportedly the same figure.

Despite being top scorer this season, he faces competition for places up front from Junior Agogo, Neil Harris, Nathan Tyson, Jack Lester and Scott Dobie.

With Bournmouth languishing at the bottom of the league, the smart money is on a bid for Hayter, I for one hope not as he is no better than we already have IMHO. I have a sneakty feeling that Johnson has something up his sleeve.......

EW,

According to the Chairman we know exactly what he has up his sleeve - a list of players 'cause it's as long as his arm!

Archived