IGNORED

Joining The St

redrocks

You can visit the website here and download the application form.

As yet we do not have a way of processing the application forms online so they still have to be posted.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/general/be..._a_member.shtml

There must be a way as credit cards/bank accounts and just about everything else is possible online; maybe this should be investigated sorted a.s.a.p as I feel it could well boost signings :dunno:

Me for one; I have downloaded form, weeks ago but just aint got round to filling it in or posting it yet :o:city:

There must be a way as credit cards/bank accounts and just about everything else is possible online; maybe this should be investigated sorted a.s.a.p as I feel it could well boost signings :dunno:

Me for one; I have downloaded form, weeks ago but just aint got round to filling it in or posting it yet :o:city:

I agree its easy to do,but alas the S.T are to busy prating around on here,deleting, moving

and merging posts just because they can.......

Powerhungry people.

The S.T is a joke IMO, set up to make sure the club dosent do a rotherham etc,over a year now and what have they achieved ? oh they improved the training ground to the tune of a couple of grand whopie.

Isnt the point to get money to protect the club ?

As comendable as the ashton gate 8 thing is, the club should be doing this not the S.T, you should be concentrating on making sure the financial backbone is in place for when lansdown goes.......

I agree its easy to do,but alas the S.T are to busy prating around on here,deleting, moving

Powerhungry people.

The S.T is a joke IMO, set up to make sure the club dosent do a rotherham etc,over a year now and what have they achieved ? oh they improved the training ground to the tune of a couple of grand whopie.

As comendable as the ashton gate 8 thing is, the club should be doing this not the S.T, you should be concentrating on making sure the financial backbone is in place for when lansdown goes.......

Mark, can i ask you why you make these points?

From an outsider i think they are doing a good job, they have explained their reasons for the ST, are a decent bunch of people who work hard for the trust.

Am i missing something mate or... :dunno: ...Mark

Mark, can i ask you why you make these points?

From an outsider i think they are doing a good job, they have explained their reasons for the ST, are a decent bunch of people who work hard for the trust.

woking hard is true and they do,but to what end ?

surley the whole point of the trust is to save the club during financial crisis.

IMO they are not raising funds to do this,ok they could argue that without events like the ashtongate 8 even and the sportsman dinner etc they wouldnt raise awarness.

But i feel there time would be better spent.

Powerhungry people.

Interesting perception. Only two of the administrators of this site are connected with the ST (myself & Chris). It seems like a sweeping & inaccurate generalisation IMO to state that "the S.T are too busy prating around on here,deleting, moving and merging posts just because they can."

It's extremely frustrating when people want to manipulate their arguement to damn the ST. Whilst you will see ST members (both Board & standard) on this & other forums, it's unfair to suggest that they are wasting time on here. Yes, we all have things to do & we do do them during the time we have spare. Whether it's making calls, arranging & attending meetings, writing to people (the list is massive), we work hard. Many are over-commited yet continue to do as they do for the love of it.

You can't please everyone. The Trust has 5 principle aims:

1. Represent the fans in dialogue with the Club

2. Raise significant funds to help bring success to the Club

3. Help the Club position itself as a hub of the community

4. Encourage through its activities increased support for the Club

5. Position the fans as stakeholders in the Club

Whilst you may not be impressed with the ST purchasing £5K worth of shares with the money going towards improving training facilities, by doing this, the ST has fulfilled aims 2 and 5 to an extent. Plus you could also argue that Aim 4 comes in to play as the 'activity' of buying shares & using the money for improvements may encourage more people, especially if results on the pitch improve. We're not saying that £5K's worth of training ground improvements is going to magically transform & improve the teams performance & results overnight but it may help in some way.

Agreed that, in my personal opinion, the Ashton 8 event should be run & funded by the Club. However, as they have not opted to do this, the Trust felt that recognition ought to be given the players & staff that helped stopped BCFC from going under. Again, Aim 4 comes in to play here.

There is a share purchase strategy in place & we will continue to buy shares in order to gain a better stakeholding in the Club. Things such as newsletters (which help gain membership which help gain money to buy shares) and events like Ashton 8 have not cost the Trust & it's members any money. We are not 'sacrificing' money to run these events in place of purchasing shares.

woking hard is true and they do,but to what end ?

surley the whole point of the trust is to save the club during financial crisis.

IMO they are not raising funds to do this,ok they could argue that without events like the ashtongate 8 even and the sportsman dinner etc they wouldnt raise awarness.

But i feel there time would be better spent.

Surely you don't think the ST could raise enough funds to save City in financial crisis?

Thats a bit ott?

Better spent doing what mate?

This aint no slagging match, I'm just interested to know your feelings.......Mark

Just curious. Is there a way to sign-up online rather than the paper-based version?

To set up such a scheme would cost the ST more money than it would probably bring in. It would involve having direct debit system. This system for small companies/charities involve large outlays of fund for the facility and also more importantly time. The standing order system that is currently in process is the best system at the present moment in time IMO for the number of members the ST currently have. It would be something that the ST should look at in the future when numbers demand.

To set up such a scheme would cost the ST more money than it would probably bring in. It would involve having direct debit system. This system for small companies/charities involve large outlays of fund for the facility and also more importantly time. The standing order system that is currently in process is the best system at the present moment in time IMO for the number of members the ST currently have. It would be something that the ST should look at in the future when numbers demand.

There are options available. For example, an on-line form could be made available for people to fill out. It would be much the same as the current downloadable form that requires bank details (if paying by standing order) or full payment. The latter is simple as we have a Paypal account set up. As it stands, the Trust Website is not equipt with the suitable safety & encryption software, handling bank details for DD/standing orders would not be clever. Paypal doesn't cope with standing orders so a system like AUDDIS (Automated Direct Debit System) would be ideal. I'm no expert but I believe the system to cost a few £K per year. Whilst we aim & hope that our membership increases, the question is whether the cost of having a DD system in place would be justified by the increased membership we think it might create?

Interesting perception. Only two of the administrators of this site are connected with the ST (myself & Chris). It seems like a sweeping & inaccurate generalisation IMO to state that "the S.T are too busy prating around on here,deleting, moving and merging posts just because they can."

It's extremely frustrating when people want to manipulate their arguement to damn the ST. Whilst you will see ST members (both Board & standard) on this & other forums, it's unfair to suggest that they are wasting time on here. Yes, we all have things to do & we do do them during the time we have spare. Whether it's making calls, arranging & attending meetings, writing to people (the list is massive), we work hard. Many are over-commited yet continue to do as they do for the love of it.

You can't please everyone. The Trust has 5 principle aims:

2. Raise significant funds to help bring success to the Club

3. Help the Club position itself as a hub of the community

5. Position the fans as stakeholders in the Club

Whilst you may not be impressed with the ST purchasing £5K worth of shares with the money going towards improving training facilities, by doing this, the ST has fulfilled aims 2 and 5 to an extent. Plus you could also argue that Aim 4 comes in to play as the 'activity' of buying shares & using the money for improvements may encourage more people, especially if results on the pitch improve. We're not saying that £5K's worth of training ground improvements is going to magically transform & improve the teams performance & results overnight but it may help in some way.

Agreed that, in my personal opinion, the Ashton 8 event should be run & funded by the Club. However, as they have not opted to do this, the Trust felt that recognition ought to be given the players & staff that helped stopped BCFC from going under. Again, Aim 4 comes in to play here.

There is a share purchase strategy in place & we will continue to buy shares in order to gain a better stakeholding in the Club. Things such as newsletters (which help gain membership which help gain money to buy shares) and events like Ashton 8 have not cost the Trust & it's members any money. We are not 'sacrificing' money to run these events in place of purchasing shares.

And the entire reason for the Spotted campaign, that is being hosted by the ST, is point 4:

I couldnt give a damn what you think, the fact of the mater is the S.T has lost its direction,plain and simple.

ljp this seems like some sort of personal issue between you and the ST to me, but from where I am standing I think the ST is so far doing an excellent job. I'm a mere £1-a-month member, but having spoken to some of the (very approachable and decent) board members about some of the things coming up - such as the AG8 event and the 'new improved' player awards - I am impressed and think they are doing something POSITIVE to make supporting this club more rewarding, and seeking to do something POSITIVE to help the club better itself.

It beats me why so many people feel an urge to beat with a stick anyone who tries to actually get off their backsides and do something positive. Sure, it's easy to sit on your backside and criticize, and doubtless the ST has not done everything perfectly so they will always be a target because they raid their heads above the parapet. But let me ask you this: While they have been spending their time actively trying to help the club and the supporters, what have you been doing for the club that is as constructive?

Hmmm, you spotted that then. I thought I was being subtle. :D

I wore my spotted shirt to a school swimming gala at Kingswood Lesuire Centre tonight. Several people spotted me wearing a BCFC related shirt and asked my to explain what spotted is all about.

I explained that spotted is a game whereby you have to attempt to get "spotted" in the media, wearing your spotted shirt or perhaps having it mentioned (if on radio) that you are wearing a spotted shirt.

I then gave them the web address for spotted, which is here.

Too much?

I wore my spotted shirt to a school swimming gala at Kingswood Lesuire Centre tonight. Several people spotted me wearing a BCFC related shirt and asked my to explain what spotted is all about.

I explained that spotted is a game whereby you have to attempt to get "spotted" in the media, wearing your spotted shirt or perhaps having it mentioned (if on radio) that you are wearing a spotted shirt.

I then gave them the web address for spotted, which is here.

Too much?

If only you'd illustrated this fine description of the Spotted game with a picture of you wearing the Spotted shirt at the Leisure Centre you'd now have two points. :clapping:

Been quiet for three days now............

was waiting for a quality response.......

would like to see thou how the ST deal with the first aim...

where some on here are posting that they are happy with the current squad and ambition, there are other's who are far from happy with the lack of squad building and ambition for promotion behind Forest this season.

never going to be easy being a member of the ST, so fair play to those who are giving their all, and in their own time too!!.

:clapping:

Archived