IGNORED

Credit Where It's Due!

Barrs Court Red

Yeah great result for them. How much extra revenue would that give the club though and would the club then decide to expand the capacity? BE interesting to see if we get promoted to the championship if they did move. The club would surely have to consider it if we were getting bigger crowds?

The reality is that all top flight rugby clubs need to have a venue of at least 15,000 by a certain year. If the present plan for the Mem gets turned down, which I'm led to belive it will, then I would have thought Bristol will be forced to look for a new home. Reading between the lines City have been trying to lure Bristol to Ashton Gate for a few years, and City would finnally get their way.

The addition of Bristol matches would be a good money spinner AND hopefully make the new East End become a reality, as well as hopefully movement on the Williams front.

is funny for me because i only seen 10 seconds of the game which was the last 10 seconds of the game (Parents watching I'm A Celebrity :disapointed2se: ). And just when i turned it over, i started curseing my luck that Gloucester were winning in the 80th minute. Then Jason Strange comes right out of no-where and hits THAT kick in the last second of the game and i went completly mental.

whereas, I would like to see Bristol play there games at Ashton Gate. The only negative about the idea would be the pitch, but then again, it won;t be as bad as other teams in League One. It would give us a lot of money and many new ideas to redevelope Ashton Gate. I think Bristol Rugby has been so good to Rovers over the last 10 or so years

Guest MaccaJK
Perhaps we can invite Mark Regan down the Gate as he is a $hit-head and at half time, we can watch whilst you run that line by him. Should be a good for a laugh.

who the bloody hell is mark regan?

do you want to wreck the pitch at ashton gate?

Top stuff Bristol! Richard Hill is doing wonders for the club, and if they were to move to Ashton Gate I could easily see them maintaining their current great form. I would indeed welcome Bristol to move the Ashton Gate full-time, aswell. It is well highlighted Reading's and Wycombe's ground share with London Irish and London Wasps respectively has been an overall success, and the quality of the pitch has remained at a very good standard. If they can do it, and do it well, surely City can follow them as good examples.

do you want to wreck the pitch at ashton gate?

We have an excellent groundsman who is capable of dealing with whatever is thrown at him.

Bristol City could do with the revenue and Bristol Rugby should be in the southern heart of the City :rolleyes:

BTW, Mark Regan is the Bristol Hooker; born and bred in Stockwood if memory serves. Ex-England international. Was frightening enough when he was 10 years old, and that was 24 odd years ago!

Guest east_dundry_red
no thanks.

they will ruin our pitch completely.

those morbidly obese egg chasing mummy's boys can **** off

So explain to me why wycombe have the bets pitch in the football league when wasps play on it every other saturday?

We could invest an extra £10,000 into the pitch and have it built like wycombe then we would be fine. As for rugby players being mummys boys then come have a game with my uni team. We can all laugh as you get picked 6 foot in the air slammed back down and break your ribs. Mummys boys? far from it, its the footballers that are the mummys boys.

no thanks.

they will ruin our pitch completely.

those morbidly obese egg chasing mummy's boys can **** off

aint knacked Wycombe Wanderers, or Readings pitches. We got a sh1t hot groundsman, no problem for him.

Would be great for City. The best teams in Briz, playing at the same place. Powerful statement to be made there, and help with the costs too

Perhaps we can invite Mark Regan down the Gate as he is a $hit-head and at half time, we can watch whilst you run that line by him. Should be a good for a laugh.

Neo

Absolutely top photo! Had me laughing into the Friday night wine. Sod the topic, the pic's worth the price of admission. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well I guess we will know soon enough . Bristol play Barf in a sell out at the Gate on the 27th of December . Shortly after we play Vale . If the pitch is donald ducked then we all know that Rugby wo n't be good for our club , if it's OK then it will bring in much needed extra revenue .

Can't be any worse than we played Watford a few years back after they let the Bristol Bombers lose on the pitch !

Harry May

Neo

Absolutely top photo! Had me laughing into the Friday night wine. Sod the topic, the pic's worth the price of admission. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Was thinking precisely the same thing. :rofl2br:

On the point though, there are plenty of football teams that share with rugby teams and still have very very good pitches. Bring 'em on I say.

Well I guess we will know soon enough . Bristol play Barf in a sell out at the Gate on the 27th of December . Shortly after we play Vale . If the pitch is donald ducked then we all know that Rugby wo n't be good for our club , if it's OK then it will bring in much needed extra revenue .

Can't be any worse than we played Watford a few years back after they let the Bristol Bombers lose on the pitch !

Harry May

I guess you're talking about when the London Monarchs played at the Gate in 98? It wasn't the being being cut up that was the problem it was more the American Football markings that were still showing on the pitch.

Back to the main topic and I thinl a move to AG for the Rugby could be bad as it may affect our attendances should the Rugby continue to succeed. As I despise Bristol Rugby I wouldn't like them at the Gate.

Class Pic Neo.

On the Pitch Subject, a number of Football and Rugby Clubs are now sharing grounds with great success and causing no problems to their pitches.

Biggest Problem at the mem with the pitch isn't the rugby, it is to do with the surface underneath the pitch, underneath is a solid clay base and until recently there was also no water drainage system of anytime, all you needed was a patch of rain and unlike the gate, the water just didn't drain away anywhere near as quick, hence leaving the mem an utter bog, without major investment it is always going to be a problem up there.

One thing our Chairman over the years can be praised for without doubt is listening to their groundsmen, the setup down their is fantastic and is also not cheap! how many times have we ended up in the top 3 for league pitchs? loads!

as long as we don't get the american football down the gate again, I would have no problems with Bristol playing at the gate full-time as stop gap until they can develop their own new ground (if possible) the financial benefit for City would be quite nice as well, plus.more lost revenue for Rovers (always a bonus!

Neo

Class Pic Neo.

Had to post a thankyou for the sake of posting, if nothing else.

Reading your replies I noticed my post count was 666 on the day I introduced my new pic. Not a good sign :innocent06:

Had to post a thankyou for the sake of posting, if nothing else.

Reading your replies I noticed my post count was 666 on the day I introduced my new pic. Not a good sign :innocent06:

The devil, is in the detail Neo.....tis a mephistopheian plot...........

Archived