IGNORED

Anyone Want A Question Asked At The Agm (thurs)

alanpayne

If anyone would like to have a burning question asked at the AGM and can't make, I'm willing to ask it for them. This is providing it is a sensible/constructive question. I will then feed-back the answer on this forum. I say one question, as I hate going to AGM's where one guy asks loads of questions!

Last year, in spite of the fact that we had just lost 4 games on the bounce, Gary was prepared to remain behind after the end of the AGM to answer individual questions. Its a fair guess he will do the same again this year.

Last season I spoke to him and asked questions of him on two separate occasions. My experience was, he is open and honest in answering supporters questions, providing you ask them in the right manner. If he feels he can't answer, as he considers its confidential business, he will say so.

In my opinion, we are very lucky to have a manager who is so open and honest with supporters and one who is prepared to take time answering supporters questions.

If anyone would like to have a burning question asked at the AGM and can't make, I'm willing to ask it for them. This is providing it is a sensible/constructive question. I will then feed-back the answer on this forum. I say one question, as I hate going to AGM's where one guy asks loads of questions!

Last year, in spite of the fact that we had just lost 4 games on the bounce, Gary was prepared to remain behind after the end of the AGM to answer individual questions. Its a fair guess he will do the same again this year.

Last season I spoke to him and asked questions of him on two separate occasions. My experience was, he is open and honest in answering supporters questions, providing you ask them in the right manner. If he feels he can't answer, as he considers its confidential business, he will say so.

In my opinion, we are very lucky to have a manager who is so open and honest with supporters and one who is prepared to take time answering supporters questions.

What is the likelyhood of us making signings in the transfer window and what are the positions that have been idetified as needing strengthening?

If you could ask this question I would be very grateful,

"Aside from gaining promotion to the Championship and maybe the holy land of Premiership football as the boards aims, it appears that there is a concerted effort to make Bristol City Football Club one of the few in the entire league that is at the worst a break even organisation. Is this the case and if so how long do the board anticipate before this happens? What other measures are to be taken aside from the stadium treated as a seperate profit centre to try and generate extra revenue?

And finally are there any talks between Bristol Rugby Club and Bristol City Football Club concerning a ground share?

What does Mr Johnson think of the accusation that he will not sign a player from a higher legue or a high profile player because this player may have a larger profile than he and was this the real problem between him and Marcus Stewart? :rolleyes:

I'd like to know Garys views on Iraq and when he thinks we could strategically withdrawl whilst still giving clear focus to our role as a peacekeeper in Afghanistan.

Does he believe Iran & Syria have a role to play and would that role include Phil Jevons as a withdrawn striker....in the hole, so to speak.

As a suplimentary question, I would like to know where he stands on funding the NHS and if he believes in final salary pension schemes.When he says he does believe in them, ask him how he'll fund them!!!.......Then we'll see how much he knows about football :noexpression:

On a serious note I would like to ask:

"Why was MS NOT Tranfer listed when the other players, Phillips-Partridge & Smith, were when it was well known that you had fallen out."

"How do you view the clubs relationship with both the TV and the written media in Bristol and are you satisfied with the EPs recent charm offensive, following the public falling out when the players were gaoled?"

"Why, in your opinion are crowds not on the increase at Ashton Gate"

"What would your message be to any fan who does not think that the club is going in the right direction and who does not like your style of play"

"Do you believe that you have a realistic opportunity (%) of introducing quality players to the squad in EARLY January and what positions are you seeking to recruit"

"Do you think that we will see some players leave if we strengthen in January"

"How many of our current squad would you think could compete, week in, week out in The Championship and do you believe we have any players who could compete week in, week out in The Premiership-now or in the future"

"Will we see Frankie Artus in our starting line up this season and in what position"

"Did we watch McClean or Kitely at Grays and why didn't we make a move for Accrington Stanleys, Roberts"

When/if the New stand is ever built pressumably the away fans will be moved to the Williams and segregation provided, whatever the COST (as I cant see another stand being devoted entirely to away fans) why then cannot it be provided NOW in the East End. :dunno:

When/if the New stand is ever built pressumably the away fans will be moved to the Williams and segregation provided, whatever the COST (as I cant see another stand being devoted entirely to away fans) why then cannot it be provided NOW in the East End. :dunno:
Last I heard the plan was after the completion of the new stand the away fans' will be housed in the Atyeo. But like you I would also like to know if that happens will they shut the whole Atyeo for home fans' when there could sometimes be as little as 200 away fans'

Will A&S police also then demand that for home fans' to be seated in the Atyeo with away fans' there will have to be a police presence at a obscene cost to the club.

On a serious note I would like to ask:

"Why was MS NOT Tranfer listed when the other players, Phillips-Partridge & Smith, were when it was well known that you had fallen out."

.... i'll take a punt at this one. If you transfer list a player against his will, arent we liable to pay up his contract? Fact that MS earns a packet, and nobody in their right mind would ever pay a fee for him (a 34 year old?) means his situation was different to the others (less high earners - and for Phillips at least, you could see someone paying for him). And that Roberts kid from AS is a central midfielder, isnt he? We're fine there. Would be more worried if anyone signed a decent striker last week. They didnt.

My question would be:

"is there a wage ceiling at Ashton Gate for any new signing, and is it set at an absolute level, or at a percentile of the rest of the squad? Do we have any absolute yearly % targets for either raising or lowering the wage bill?"

.... i'll take a punt at this one.

Thanks but you really shouldn't have :whistle2:

If you transfer list a player against his will, arent we liable to pay up his contract?

No

Fact that MS earns a packet, and nobody in their right mind would ever pay a fee for him (a 34 year old?) means his situation was different to the others (less high earners - and for Phillips at least, you could see someone paying for him).

Phillips was another one of those undisclosed deals with, I would hope, a sell on.Windass is 38 and clubs are bidding for him.Forest, if the rumours are correct

And that Roberts kid from AS is a central midfielder, isnt he?

No, he's a striker or Left Winger who scores goals.That's why he's "on loan" at Ipswich and will move for £200Kish in Jan

Would be more worried if anyone signed a decent striker last week. They didnt.

Kightley-Wolves McClean-P'Boro-both affordable.

My question would be:

"is there a wage ceiling at Ashton Gate for any new signing, and is it set at an absolute level, or at a percentile of the rest of the squad? Do we have any absolute yearly % targets for either raising or lowering the wage bill?"

Good question.I don't know but I'll bet the answer from GJ will be "If I want someone I'll go to the Chairman (then he'll add something like, "who's been brilliant") and we'll discuss it.If we can do it, we'll do it.SL will say, "that's the way it's always been, we take each case on it's merits!!"

I'd like to know Garys views on Iraq and when he thinks we could strategically withdrawl whilst still giving clear focus to our role as a peacekeeper in Afghanistan.

He's already answered this one. He said while his two main big strikers were out injured, strategic withdrawal was impossible to consider as you just could not regard an untried 18 year old, quick though he may be, as a long term peacemaker - a playmaker yes, but only with more experience.

Does he believe Iran & Syria have a role to play and would that role include Phil Jevons as a withdrawn striker....in the hole, so to speak.

He's answered this as well. Iran and Syria are proven goalscorers and he would love to have them here but only at thr right price. However, he is pretty sure they will only move to championship clubs and that's if their present clubs are willing to sell so it's far to early to say if they will have a role to play. As for Jeavons, he's always thought that his best position is in the hole - the shell hole!

As a suplimentary question, I would like to know where he stands on funding the NHS and if he believes in final salary pension schemes.When he says he does believe in them, ask him how he'll fund them!!!.......Then we'll see how much he knows about football :noexpression:

He's addressed this in the past, by saying that he's a football manager while the Chairman is a Financial expert, so neatly passed the question to SL. SL said that he believes 100% in final salary schemes (as he's got one himself)- as long as someone else is paying for them. As to how he would fund them in the Health Service, he suggested the way to do this would be to transfer all Health Service property into a new and separate Trust ( or business) so that it was completely separate from the day to day runing of expensive patient care - patient care being just a drain on financial resources. Idealy this new trust would be privately funded( i.e. owned) and Steve said that he would be happy to put his money where his mouth is on this idea. Using hospital property in more diverse ways, U2 live at Frenchay for example, would generate greater revenues so that final salaries would able to be afforded. When asked how many final salary pensions this would fund, SL said he was sure that all the Cheif executives and senior managers would be well looked after.

I'm not going to make Thursday but I'd be grateful if you could ask:

Does the chairman consider selling an interest in the stadium company to raise funds for redevelopment or to repay debt to be a thoroughly unacceptable option?

Good one. Be good to hear the answer on this one.

I'm not going to make Thursday but I'd be grateful if you could ask:

Does the chairman consider selling an interest in the stadium company to raise funds for redevelopment or to repay debt to be a thoroughly unacceptable option?

On a similar line, are shares for the stadium company going to be made avilible to the fans, in the first instance, or to corporate/business interests?

I would like to ask the Bored;

"How much would you like to spend in a season to gain Promotion to a higher division, that could possibly see a large increase in home supporter's and gate receipts, a better atmosphere down at the Gate, and a few thousand ecstatic supporter's who do nothing but post positives on the Forum?".

or

"When will we see an end to the Marcus Stewart saga, and when he does go to Yeovil, will there be a gagging order on his transfer to stop him telling the truth to the Western Daily Press, about his life at the gate, and his thoughts with regard to the great Gary Johnson?".

:farmer:

JEVONSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Morgan gone off having his head stitched and Forest Fans applaud Jevons amazing scissors kick!!

Now llike we were all saying what a great signing Phil's been.I've always said what a great player he was and that he'd come good one day and it was a cunning move by GJ signing him and.yeh, OK, I'm getting everyones coat

For those of you who missed last nights agm, you didn't miss much. I sat through the meeting stuned at the questions the "shareholders" where asking.

"Gary do you think bladed boots are dangerous?"

Is that really the burning question of the moment? certainly not. That was probably the worst but why did people stand up and think they should be telling GJ what he should be doing, i don't know. At the end of the day GJ is up at that table because of the track record he has as a manager that's why he doesn't really need that kind of feedback from FANS at the meeting.

The meeting was for the shareholders, shareholders should be asking what is SL CS(what a joke) productively doing to turn the finacial situation of Bristol City round.

The shareholders last nite where not infact the shareholders that should have been there, they where FANS that think they can do the job better than GJ, it wasn't the time or the place.

Do we know who owns the stadium, what is the point of SL changing who owns the stadium? Those are the questions that many people over looked because they think they can run the team better. We are still none the wiser on how city we become finacialy success full, please prove me wrong if i missed anything.

You all didn't miss much, a waste of time

So can you confirm if he thinks bladed boots are dangerous?

You are boring, are you really German?

Archived