IGNORED

All Quiet On The Signing Front

Bristol Boy

Many posters agree that someone is needed to boost our goals tally and the answer doesn't appear to lie within our current squad.

Miller

Peacock

Brown M

Lita

Roberts

None of these seem to hold the answer (Cue a Miller hat trick tomorrow-I hope)

If we don't win tomorrow, the pressure will really be on.

Guest Red_Rat

I think Marvin should be given a chance,when was the last time he started?

He has pace,which i s currently what we lack.

Roberts is too lazy!!!!

I've maintained this all season long LEE TRUNDLE
Should fit in fine.........he's injured!!

And I don't think he would be the answer, he has managed to do it for 3/4 of a season so far, in previous seasons, he has been worse than poor, hence the reason why he went to Swansea on a free from Wrexham.

Many posters agree that someone is needed to boost our goals tally and the answer doesn't appear to lie within our current squad.

Miller

Peacock

Brown M

Lita

Roberts

None of these seem to hold the answer (Cue a Miller hat trick tomorrow-I hope)

If we don't win tomorrow, the pressure will really be on.

How do we know that none of them hold the answer?

Before we go spending more money on another striker, I'd like to see the first team players you have listed given a proper chance to show what they can do.

I don't see the need to bring in anyone else, before we've exhausted the possibilities with the players we already have.

Roberts and Miller.

Lita and Miller.

Goodfellow and Miller.

All combinations that could work, in my opinion, if only they were given a chance to prove it.

Personally, I think it's unfair to write those players off, when they haven't been given a fair crack of the whip yet.

What concerns me is that, if a loan striker is brought in he will, inevitably, be paired up front with Peacock, when we have plenty of forward players already on our books who might work better without the need for Peacock to play at all.

Guest SuttonRed

[i agree up to a point with Marvin. Lee Trundle may score a few in the third div but by all accounts he is a bit of a lazy barsteward. And he makes Lee Matthews look anorexic]

The same could be said for kevin pressman up against Steve Phillips but there's no substitute for ability

Guest SuttonRed
How do we know that none of them hold the answer?

Before we go spending more money on another striker, I'd like to see the first team players you have listed given a proper chance to show what they can do.

I don't see the need to bring in anyone else, before we've exhausted the possibilities with the players we already have.

Roberts and Miller.

Lita and Miller.

Goodfellow and Miller.

All combinations that could work, in my opinion, if only they were given a chance to prove it.

Personally, I think it's unfair to write those players off, when they haven't been given a fair crack of the whip yet.

What concerns me is that, if a loan striker is brought in he will, inevitably, be paired up front with Peacock, when we have plenty of forward players already on our books who might work better without the need for Peacock to play at all.

A very good point, all new players would be juxtaposed with leapy!

However with peacock clearly out of sorts some other combinations may be required!

The only flaw in your suggestion is that our illustrious leader just won't try it. He is simply the most stubborn manager I've seen at city, and once he has his favourites he simply sticks with them. Take Joe Burnell for best part of two years, and this season with peacock and brown.

Reading between the lines on Clist's interview it appeared that the man just won't change his preferred line up unless his hand is forced.

I agree, sadly I don't believe it'll happen!

However with peacock clearly out of sorts some other combinations may be required!

The only flaw in your suggestion is that our illustrious leader just won't try it.

Indeed. Whether he tries it or not is another matter (I still hold a faint hope that he will, sooner rather than later).

But yes, the point is, the problem lies in the selection policy, rather than the players at the manager's disposal, at least for now.

Great post Edson, Basically read my mind.

I would also point out that bringing in a loan player last season really knocked Robbos confidence, He looked out of sorts after Fagen had completed his loan spell.

I personally want to see Robbo and Miller up fornt. Thought they looked good at Brighton.

Archived