IGNORED

"can't Play Against City" Clause

jimtastic

well considering how hard it has been for yeovil to afford to do the deal, wouldn't be suprised if SL said "tell you what if he doesn't play against us, we will knock 5-10k off the asking price.

would be a very shrewd move by SL if he manages to get that clause in, lets be honest, if we can stop possible Yeovil's best player from playing against us, why not try your luck and ask?

lets be honest, if we can stop possible Yeovil's best player from playing against us

But he wouldn't be, IMO to much is being made out of the MS saga. Yes, he has done a good job for us and maybe he would be good for the rest of the season, but, he is 34(?) not much time left, I personally would prefer the money being spent on younger blood, ready for next season (Obviously we will stay up this season :pray: )

well considering how hard it has been for yeovil to afford to do the deal, wouldn't be suprised if SL said "tell you what if he doesn't play against us, we will knock 5-10k off the asking price.

would be a very shrewd move by SL if he manages to get that clause in, lets be honest, if we can stop possible Yeovil's best player from playing against us, why not try your luck and ask?

What are you worried about??????

I didn't think you rated him........... so why worry, let him play against us !!!!!!

What are you worried about??????

I didn't think you rated him........... so why worry, let him play against us !!!!!!

it's common sense really, whether or not the player is rated or not is regardless, if we can keep another teams probable best player out of any game, it's worth trying, it's well worth asking,

personally I say let him play, When McCombe marks him out the game, people will be asking...........Marcus who?

GJ has shown that he rates Brooker, Showumni, Jevons, Williams and Savage ahead of Stewart, so If Yeovil buy him and pay his wages, they should have the right to play him whenever they want. For such a lowly rated player, why should GJ or SL have a worry.

MS with his "City til I die" statement, might find it very hard to play against City, especially at the Gate. Listening to his recent interview at Yeovil, it is obvious that he is very emotional about the whole scenario. Being forced from his club, and to finish his playing career elsewhere. I would say he's heartbroken.

We could have used him while Enoch and Brooks were out of action, and now they're back he would still be a handy squad option in his final year of contract. The whole thing still stinks to high heaven.

it's common sense really, whether or not the player is rated or not is regardless, if we can keep another teams probable best player out of any game, it's worth trying, it's well worth asking,

personally I say let him play, When McCombe marks him out the game, people will be asking...........Marcus who?

So you readily admit he is going to be, "probably their best player"?

So you readily admit he is going to be, "probably their best player"?

yep, between him and Cohen he will probably be their best player, considering the rest of their squad, I don't think that would be unfair to say.

just because he is good player for them, doesn't make him a good player for us, I fully believe we have a much better squad than Yeovil

Yes,but do they really need him to play against us,just in case your memory is dimming from all those tailing assignments they beat us just a mater of a few weeks ago. Perhaps McCombe can concentrate on the ones that scored against us?

"Probable best player" are you becoming a closset Marcus fan...running scared?

Yes,but do they really need him to play against us,just in case your memory is dimming from all those tailing assignments they beat us just a mater of a few weeks ago. Perhaps McCombe can concentrate on the ones that scored against us?

"Probable best player" are you becoming a closset Marcus fan...running scared?

no, just for yeovil he is a good player.

to be fair, look at the players we had missing

just because they won on the day, doesn't make them better than us

yep, between him and Cohen he will probably be their best player, considering the rest of their squad, I don't think that would be unfair to say.

just because he is good player for them, doesn't make him a good player for us, I fully believe we have a much better squad than Yeovil

If you have not noticed we have had better squads than at least two of the promoted teams in each of the last 5 seasons,indeed,Slade the Yeovil manager is quoted as saying we have the best squad in the division!

Why don't you just be honest for once mate please.

"just because he is good player for them, doesn't make him a good player for us"

so would you say the same about any other footballer I would like to name????

I hope he plays against us and he scores a hatrick past us and gives johnson the v sign, as long as we go up that will make my day

i hope stewart is successful wherever he plays, he's a decent bloke and i hope he comes back one day as acoach or a manager, i for one will clap him if he scores done nothing to offend me in my life

I hope he plays against us and he scores a hatrick past us and gives johnson the v sign, as long as we go up that will make my day

i hope stewart is successful wherever he plays, he's a decent bloke and i hope he comes back one day as acoach or a manager, i for one will clap him if he scores done nothing to offend me in my life

that would just be stupid........never want any player to score against us let alone a hat-trick

First time i have ever agreed with you :noexpression: . But i can see exactly where kachina is coming from. Perhaps he could get a hat trick,stick the v;s up but we win 4-3 !!

but then people will moan the defence is not good enough as we conceded 3 goals in ONE game, no doubt McCombe and Carey would have to be put down after that kinda performance.......well according to some "fans" on the forum

Archived