IGNORED

New Signing

Littlesh*t

with all this talk about players like billy sharp and how we could not afford them got me thinking, what if the fans made a weekly donation into a account that was set up then the money was donated to the club for a signing.

there could be a vote for the player that the fans want and as long as the manager would want the player aswel we could put a bid in! i don't no how it could be set up exactly but i think it would be a great idea if it could be done and i know other clubs have done it in the past.

if say 1000 fans donated £5 every week that would work out at over £250,000 which would be a big contribution.

good idea? bad idea?

sorry for my english by the way

with all this talk about players like billy sharp and how we could not afford them got me thinking, what if the fans made a weekly donation into a account that was set up then the money was donated to the club for a signing.

there could be a vote for the player that the fans want and as long as the manager would want the player aswel we could put a bid in! i don't no how it could be set up exactly but i think it would be a great idea if it could be done and i know other clubs have done it in the past.

if say 1000 fans donated £5 every week that would work out at over £250,000 which would be a big contribution.

good idea? bad idea?

sorry for my english by the way

I suggested a similar idea a few months back (although for buying the club, so much more money), and the point was made that it simply wouldn't happen.

I think the criticisms were justified - if you look at the trouble the ST is having getting regular donations, I'm just not sure how many people would get involved.

I suggested a similar idea a few months back (although for buying the club, so much more money), and the point was made that it simply wouldn't happen.

I think the criticisms were justified - if you look at the trouble the ST is having getting regular donations, I'm just not sure how many people would get involved.

shame because it could be the difference between us getting opromotion or not

shame because it could be the difference between us getting opromotion or not

Maybe. I think RedTop has a strong point - getting fans singing and supporting the team from the start of the match could make as strong a difference. Imagine if you could get 1000 supporters to contribute 90 minutes of singing a week?

Maybe. I think RedTop has a strong point - getting fans singing and supporting the team from the start of the match could make as strong a difference. Imagine if you could get 1000 supporters to contribute 90 minutes of singing a week?

If you want to sing for 90 minutes and not look like an idiot, sit in the G block. Seriously, its a good laugh, just ignore the little chavs.

Money does't get you promoted! Hard work and unity does along with the odd rub of the green thrown in there.

If such a scheme took off, would you insist that the fans told the manager which player was purchased with it?

no like i said at the top there could be a fan vote and aslong as the manager is happy with the player then we go for him. obviously the scheme would have representives (sp) who could take the votes and meet with lansdown?jonson?

no like i said at the top there could be a fan vote and aslong as the manager is happy with the player then we go for him. obviously the scheme would have representives (sp) who could take the votes and meet with lansdown?jonson?

Do you not think a list of players to vote on would either alert other clubs to there availability or you run the risk of having players on the list who are not available.

like i said I'm not sure how exactly it would work but i know other clubs have done it! even swindle managed to do it with there poxy support. maybe a representitive could meet with jonson 1st to see what players he would be interested in and then every1 who is part of the scheme would be sent a email with the players and they cast there vote.

all i am doing is trying to get the ball rolling, I'm not pretending i know anything about this stuff

Money does't get you promoted! Hard work and unity does along with the odd rub of the green thrown in there.

If such a scheme took off, would you insist that the fans told the manager which player was purchased with it?

I'm sure Chelsea fans wouldn't agree with that, and wigan fans, and Portsmouth fans and Reading fans......

Guest MaccaJK

1000 fans? a fiver a week? never in amillion years would we get that. i wouldn't b prepared to pay that. enough of my friggin money goes into this club and lansdowne is worth 45-65 million so i aint paying a penny

If you want to sing for 90 minutes and not look like an idiot, sit in the G block. Seriously, its a good laugh, just ignore the little chavs.

Last time I went down the gate I went to G block (just got back from my travels, cant afford a season ticket this year) . Exactly what you say, good laugh (but LOADS of chavs around).

On another note - I have got tickets in the EAST END !! only its for the Bristol vs Bath egg chasing game :clapping:

1000 fans? a fiver a week? never in amillion years would we get that. i wouldn't b prepared to pay that. enough of my friggin money goes into this club and lansdowne is worth 45-65 million so i aint paying a penny

Yeah Mr Lansdown maybe worth a reported £45million however this is all assets within Hargreaves Lansdown. He shouldn't have to put anything into City it should pay for itself however it doesn't so he plugs the gaps and thankful i am.

Archived