IGNORED

Grant Holt

bcfcred

I just hope that we don't expend to much energy on one player IF he, in his heart or hearts, doesn't want to come then that's that.Move on.

Like to see him here but I don't want another Dinning scenario.

Signs and the decides that somebody's moved Bristol and it's to far away :disapointed2se:

If he's fully commited-Fantastic.

I just hope that we don't expend to much energy on one player IF he, in his heart or hearts, doesn't want to come then that's that.Move on.

Signs and the decides that somebody's moved Bristol and it's to far away :disapointed2se:

Clearly whatever was said between him and Johnson, didn't put Johnson off and we know how much he values attitude and commitment. Despite the miss, he was the player that looked the most dangerous for them until Commons came on.

My only concern would be paying £300k for a squad player.

Dinning scenario, I was thinking more of another Hayter saga...

"we wanted to win this comp maybe the only time we are in it" :rofl2br: head and big come to mind; they aint no super team as was proved last night;

Beg to differ Glos Boy, I think Notts Forest are absolutely a super team.......

. so that means that Bristol City having matched them in the league at their place (whilst having no luck on the day) & now having beat them fair & square also at their place whilst hugely outnumbered crowd wise ( well done to the 161 club!) can now quite reasonably & evidently be regarded as a Super-Dooper Team!!, -don't ever put down a beaten opposition mate - to do so only lessens the achievement..

Calderwood & his team admit to being 'down' after last nights match- THEY WANTED TO WIN IT so no point in any rivals claiming City's win was due to it being in a tin(paint)pot competition...

p.s. looking at what the JPT trophys called it appears to me, barring the odd letter, to have JOHNSONS name written all over it!

forget the rusty old clapped out van trophy, - if we win it again this year we can really PAINT THE TOWN RED!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!! ... (City that is! :) )

The fee wasn't the problem, it was him that said no. Why put a renewed bid in if the player doesn't want to come?MM

Exactly.

And to be fair, why should any of us expect any player to automatically be grateful for the opportunity to join the mighty Bristol City?

If the guy's happier on Nottingham Forest's bench then so be it. Next!

The boys obviously got talent, as he has proved by scoring shatloads in Div 4 (old money).

I think Calderwood prefers to play with lots of pace (Agogo), whereas Johnson prefers a player with ability over pace.

Lets face it besides JMW and (maybe) murray, no-one in the city side relies on their speed too much. I know Skuse is the quickest in the squad, but the way he plays doesnt rely on pace (although I still think he's the player with the most potential ability in the squad), so I don't think pace is central to what GJ has in mind for us, although if they had ability with pace it would be an added bonus (so would get snapped up by a bigger club, think cotterill with Wigan)

Considering this, and what GJ has said, I feel the conversation probably went something like this.............

GJ- "So then Grant, I think you could do a good job for us, but you would have to prove you are good enough by training hard and showing a good attitude"

GH- " Funnily enough, thats exactly what Calderwood told me, so, considering I'm getting paid roughly the same as you are offering me, and my family are settled in the Nottingham area, I'm going to have to say not just now, BUT if I don't start getting a game, I might consider the offer, because at the end of the day, I just wanna play football"

GJ- " Alright son, I can appreciate that, and I like your attitude, if you change your mind, just let me know"

I might be wrong though.

The boys obviously got talent, as he has proved by scoring shatloads in Div 4 (old money).

I think Calderwood prefers to play with lots of pace (Agogo), whereas Johnson prefers a player with ability over pace.

Lets face it besides JMW and (maybe) murray, no-one in the city side relies on their speed too much. I know Skuse is the quickest in the squad, but the way he plays doesnt rely on pace (although I still think he's the player with the most potential ability in the squad), so I don't think pace is central to what GJ has in mind for us, although if they had ability with pace it would be an added bonus (so would get snapped up by a bigger club, think cotterill with Wigan)

Considering this, and what GJ has said, I feel the conversation probably went something like this.............

GJ- "So then Grant, I think you could do a good job for us, but you would have to prove you are good enough by training hard and showing a good attitude"

GH- " Funnily enough, thats exactly what Calderwood told me, so, considering I'm getting paid roughly the same as you are offering me, and my family are settled in the Nottingham area, I'm going to have to say not just now, BUT if I don't start getting a game, I might consider the offer, because at the end of the day, I just wanna play football"

GJ- " Alright son, I can appreciate that, and I like your attitude, if you change your mind, just let me know"

I might be wrong though.

you missed the crucial parting remarks;

GJ- (as Holt starts to leave the room) "Erm... Grant, son..."

GH- "Yes?"

GJ- "Give you a tenner to pull a sickie wednesday."

GH- "You what?!"

GJ- "Just testing! That Jermaine Easter fella said he'd knee cap himself for a sarnie in the same situation!"

GH- "Er, Right... Um.. I think I hear the missus calling..." (Holt hurredly leaves the room)

GJ- "See you in janu... Sh1t. No one ever gets that one."

I might be wrong though.

• Admin
The fee wasn't the problem, it was him that said no. Why put a renewed bid in if the player doesn't want to come?

Maybe once the baby is born he is willing to move, I dunno :dunno:

MM

Possible. Leading up to Christmas is hardly the ideal time to relocate to a different part of the country as it is without having to factor in the arrival of a baby.

The situation may well be viewed differently by Grant come January.

It seems clear that Forest are trying to move him on, with his first child due in a couple of weeks Holt sensibly didn't see it as the best time to be commuting to Nottingham and back, or to be staying in a hotel.

Once the baby has arrived I expect he'll join us in January.

Personally I'd have preferred a front player with more pace, but to be fair GJ's record on permanent signings is pretty good so far.

Possible. Leading up to Christmas is hardly the ideal time to relocate to a different part of the country as it is without having to factor in the arrival of a baby.

The situation may well be viewed differently by Grant come January.

If it's not viewed differently by "Grant" in January, we'll be referring to him as "Holt" (at the very least) from Feb. onwards. ;)

Should have signed him long ago, there were enough of us suggesting it on this forum. :doh:

Archived