IGNORED

Bristol Boy For A Day.

Port Said Red

I wont go down the route of describing the whole game as I think Adam Baker has done the game justice in his own report on the official site. I will have a go at rating the players though as this seems like a good opportunity considering there were only 160 other City fans there to disagree with me.

I have to say that the atmosphere during the second half was excellent considering the size of the crowd, and it was a tremendous game played between two good sides.

Anyway my ratings.

Basso 10! Seriously, he made two good saves in the first half, two brilliant saves in the 2nd and something close to world class for Commons penalty. Kicking and distribution is becoming less of an issue too.

Orr 7 Showed great strength defensively, provided the cross for the Jevons wonder goal. Struggled to cope with substitute Commons though.

Fontaine 7 steady performance, but gave away a couple of free kicks with clumsy fouls including the one that the opening Forest goal was scored from.

Carey 8 Would have been a 9 but for the ease with which he was beaten to the free kick (see above) by Breckin. Unlucky to see what would have been the winner come back of the bar.

Macca 7 Steady eddy for most of the game but seems increasingly reluctant to use his right foot which limits him sometimes. Great penalty under pressure.

Murray 7 Hardworking display, although the old penetration has faded his all round contribution is much better.

Johnson 8 A far better display than the one against Gillingham, controlled the game with neat passing and good movement. Lucky not to be to booked after 2/3 challenges which showed his commitment to the cause.

Skuse 8 I really struggle to understand why some people don't rate him. Read the game well, broke up lots of attacks, showed good pace in covering and going forward. Linked well with Johnson.

JMW 7 A good performance for a lad learning to play in a wide position. Covered back well on occasions, didn't lose heart when he couldn't beat his man. Unlucky not to score in the 1st half and excellent work to set up Enoch for the 2nd. Not as effective when moved inside after Enoch's substitution.

Jevons 9 That goal was worth 2 on it's own! The rest of his game was good as well, closed people down and held the ball up well.

Showumni 9 How great it is to see him on our side! If he isn't fully fit yet then this division better watch out. "Whats that coming over the hill.........."

SUBS.

Aggy 7 Replaced Johnson and slotted in seamlessly.

Brown 7 Replaced Enoch and played wide left instead of JMW, usual all action effort but was on during Forests best spell.

Keogh 7 On for Skuse and played in centre midfield and the best thing I can say is, he didn't look out of place. Nothing surprises me about him though. Had a good effort at goal as well.

An excellent performance over the 90 minutes then, credit to Forest a lot of sides would have crumbled in the 2nd half performance we put together. We also seem to have some decent penalty takers in the squad as well.

I wont go down the route of describing the whole game as I think Adam Baker has done the game justice in his own report on the official site. I will have a go at rating the players though as this seems like a good opportunity considering there were only 160 other City fans there to disagree with me.

I have to say that the atmosphere during the second half was excellent considering the size of the crowd, and it was a tremendous game played between two good sides.

Anyway my ratings.

Basso 10! Seriously, he made two good saves in the first half, two brilliant saves in the 2nd and something close to world class for Commons penalty. Kicking and distribution is becoming less of an issue too.

Orr 7 Showed great strength defensively, provided the cross for the Jevons wonder goal. Struggled to cope with substitute Commons though.

Fontaine 7 steady performance, but gave away a couple of free kicks with clumsy fouls including the one that the opening Forest goal was scored from.

Carey 8 Would have been a 9 but for the ease with which he was beaten to the free kick (see above) by Breckin. Unlucky to see what would have been the winner come back of the bar.

Macca 7 Steady eddy for most of the game but seems increasingly reluctant to use his right foot which limits him sometimes. Great penalty under pressure.

Murray 7 Hardworking display, although the old penetration has faded his all round contribution is much better.

Johnson 8 A far better display than the one against Gillingham, controlled the game with neat passing and good movement. Lucky not to be to booked after 2/3 challenges which showed his commitment to the cause.

Skuse 8 I really struggle to understand why some people don't rate him. Read the game well, broke up lots of attacks, showed good pace in covering and going forward. Linked well with Johnson.

JMW 7 A good performance for a lad learning to play in a wide position. Covered back well on occasions, didn't lose heart when he couldn't beat his man. Unlucky not to score in the 1st half and excellent work to set up Enoch for the 2nd. Not as effective when moved inside after Enoch's substitution.

Jevons 9 That goal was worth 2 on it's own! The rest of his game was good as well, closed people down and held the ball up well.

Showumni 9 How great it is to see him on our side! If he isn't fully fit yet then this division better watch out. "Whats that coming over the hill.........."

SUBS.

Aggy 7 Replaced Johnson and slotted in seamlessly.

Brown 7 Replaced Enoch and played wide left instead of JMW, usual all action effort but was on during Forests best spell.

Keogh 7 On for Skuse and played in centre midfield and the best thing I can say is, he didn't look out of place. Nothing surprises me about him though. Had a good effort at goal as well.

An excellent performance over the 90 minutes then, credit to Forest a lot of sides would have crumbled in the 2nd half performance we put together. We also seem to have some decent penalty takers in the squad as well.

Thanks for the report, didn't go to the game.. but wasn't it johnson who set up jevo's goal? seem to remember the commentator saying so. correct me if I'm wrong...

Excellent Report Old Chap :city::city:

I'll be making the trip East tomorrow for the game on Sunday and staying down for the Tuesday nighter against Carlisle so, ST Members permitting, the reports will be on the ST trust and linked to this Forum on Sunday & late Tuesday/early Weds.

Funny thing is I never take notes although if I was doing an Adam B style report as opposed to a review and ratings, I would do.

SODS LAW

I have watched him all season

and have yet to see him tackle anybody

Then when I'm not watching makes 2 or 3!!!!!!!

He is still a tart in my eyes

Excellent Report Old Chap :city::city:

I'll be making the trip East tomorrow for the game on Sunday and staying down for the Tuesday nighter against Carlisle so, ST Members permitting, the reports will be on the ST trust and linked to this Forum on Sunday & late Tuesday/early Weds.

Funny thing is I never take notes although if I was doing an Adam B style report as opposed to a review and ratings, I would do.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...... :blush::blush:

Archived