IGNORED

Wednesday To Sign Robins

Guest davidgale

Guest davidgale

Just seen it on 606 site and on Wednesday's site.They are taking him until the end of the season at least.If they go up and...you know the rest. :Rage:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

This could be a huge moment in Wilsons future. If we continue to struggle and Robins has a cracking season then the finger of blame will be pointed in one direction only

could to see you let are one and only hope go so easily

Are you seriously suggesting that the entire future success of this club revolves around a 35 year old player with a so-so scoring record and a considerable amount of personal baggage?

Best tell Steve L to shut the Academy down in that case. In fact there's no point in even turning up for the Bradford game, might as well give them the tie. Let's close the club down, go into Receivership and sell Ashton Gate to the Gas.

Our one and only hope???? Get a sense of perspective for gawd's sake!

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Are you seriously suggesting that the entire future success of this club revolves around a 35 year old player with a so-so scoring record and a considerable amount of personal baggage?

Best tell Steve L to shut the Academy down in that case. In fact there's no point in even turning up for the Bradford game, might as well give them the tie. Let's close the club down, go into Receivership and sell Ashton Gate to the Gas.

Our one and only hope???? Get a sense of perspective for gawd's sake!

Lets be fair, the academy isn't going to save our season is it!

I don't think Robins is the answer but many. many people seem to think he is - and it's those people that will blame this on Wilson.

Who knows, maybe it would have been the spark City need right now, I guess it's too late for that now.

Question for DaveL

So what personal baggage is Mark Robins carrying? George Best, also ex ManU, had a drink problem and a string of gorgeous women to warm his bed. Give me some of that lovely baggage anytime :P

The fact remains that BCFC are not scoring enough goals without players like Murray and Robins. The fans are getting disillusioned, I need hope for a better brighter BCFC future. Who exactly are our real star players now, other than the ageing Geordie Tinman? Danny Wilson and Lansdown are sucking this club down the proverbial Div 2 plug hole with their constant spin that we're doing OK etc.

We have an academy for youngsters, we spend lots of money on the academy for youngsters. Signing Robins wouldn't of only bagged us more goals but he would of been a superb influence and help for the youngsters.

Whats the point in having an academy if were going to keep on going out buying unprooven youngsters when we spend millions of pounds on them already and leave them out of the squad.

We need players like Robins to teach the younger ones and help them progress.

Question for DaveL

So what personal baggage is Mark Robins carrying?

er .. it's personal :D

I'm not denying that we don't need the spark that a new face would bring. I don't happen to think that Robins is the face we need, thats all.

Personally I'd like to see a front two of Peacock and Miller, both of whom are capable of scoring lots of goals in this division providing they are given the right service

In my view we need to sign (and how many years have we been saying this now) an attacking midfield player in the Roy Keane mould. We also need to get some width in the team and get to the byline more. For all his effort, Roberts isn't the answer wide right, and Aaron Brown only has one good game in 5 on the left.

Width required, pronto.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

ummmm didnt relise i said hes going 2 save ou club and blow everything out of proportion you stupid ###### !

I ment he can save our season , or do you think every thing is rosy down the gate at the moment ???

exactly

you stupid ###### !

There's really no need for that sort of personal abuse. It's not big, and it's not clever.

I was merely challenging your rather narrow assertion that Robins was our 'one and only hope'.

And of course things aren't rosy down at the gate. If you read my other posts you'd know that I don't think this is the case.

Your mummy's calling. Go and get your tea.

What a joke. How Stucider or anybody else could say it's brilliant news is ridiculous. He came in and really did a fantastic job last season, and hasn't changed atall,we should of signed him. If he'd of stayed last season and got us promotion, you'd be begging for him to stay, as it was he left, but he WOULD of got us promotion had he been allowed to stay for longer, THANKYOU MARK AND GOODBYE :D

I don't see any point in continuing the arguement, some people have clearly got it in for the guy (he's probably be better NOT coming - he'd have an impossible task in pleasing some people)

But I want to know now is DID we attempt to sign him ?

The club has kept quiet up until now, but if he HAS gone to Shef Weds then there's no reason why they can't be open with us now.

Going to Wednesday? Oh well. I liked him, and would have liked to see him back, because I think he would have scored a few...with the service. Peacock can score the goals with the right service, and I think that Miller will be able to as well. Let's also not forget Lita who has come on in the last few games and caused defences a few problems.

Life goes on eh!?

Does anyone remember Mark Gavin?

How about Big Joe's second stint?

Howard Kendals Second & Third at Everton?

Kevin Davies return to Southampton?

Lighting doesn't always strike twice. Would we like to end up with a high 35yr old earner warming the bench?

We've already got a portly young-ish bloke on decent money warming our blee-ding bench! :Confused13:

what would be the point in us signing robins?

at the end of the day our forwards arent getting the service! its no good just bringing in forward after forward.

robins was the right signing at the right time last season- but its obvious that this year the right signing would be an attacking midfielder that could create things for the forwards we already have on a regular basis.

i have nothing against robins- and he would probably score a few at wednesday, but we already have the forwards we need for now.

:D

Archived