HOME

Won - 11 Drawn - 5 Lost - 1

Goals for = 29 Goals against = 9

AWAY

Won - 7 Drawn - 6 Lost - 5

Goals for = 19 Goals against = 18

Goal Diff = +21

Points = 65

Our home record looks pretty good, but does highlight the problem we have scoring away from home in particular.

interestingly given all the comments about lack of goals, our goal difference is pretty close to this time last season (thanks to the defence).

But we are 3 points above what we did at this point last year and our run in then included games against 3 in the top 6.

So, no need to panic! Keep the faith

:dunno::blush::D:o

It's funny because the other night I was looking at some archived pages from the old forum form Feb/March last year.

You can imagine the headings/content for most post posts.

Dead right - Wilson should go.

Nothing changes, although things are a bit more upbeat again at the moment.

I'd say that shows up the run that we've had this season. If it wern't for that we'd be dire.

If your happy with another season of div2.. fine. Because I'm not and I'm not confident that we have a manager with the bottle to shake things up when required.

Same old same old  :dunno:

I want City to get promoted as much as the next person and with almost a quarter of the season still to go things are still very much in the melting pot.

However, my support of City is not conditional. I will still be 100% behind the team and manager next season, no matter what division we are in or who is in charge.

However, my support of City is not conditional.  I will still be 100% behind the team and manager next season, no matter what division we are in or who is in charge.

here, here and I guess that goes for most fans on this forum really.

Guest carter

dont use the phase' keep the faith' as that is lesters one and we wouldnt want to associate our selves with that bundal of foxes @ the mo

as for the lack of goals who cares if we score 60 or 100 as long as we go up it doesn't really matter.

• Admin
I want City to get promoted as much as the next person and with almost a quarter of the season still to go things are still very much in the melting pot.

However, my support of City is not conditional.  I will still be 100% behind the team and manager next season, no matter what division we are in or who is in charge.

It could be argued then that whilst you're quite happy to accept an underachieving manager in charge of our first team, Tom is less prepared to back a manager who is seriously underachieving given the resources at hand and wants better for the team he loves.

Supporting City doesn't mean you have to accept mediocrity.

Supporting City doesn't mean you have to accept mediocrity.

The mediocrity that is-

Having one of the most solid defences in the country.

Going on the longest winning run this season in all English Leagues.

Being 2nd in the league.

Attracting huge away and home support due to our league position.

3rd in the current form table (last 8 games)

Lost 6 games all season.

3 points better off now than we were last season, and have improved season on season under DW.

We must have a clarification session of the meaning of the word "mediocrity" in the near future Madge! :dunno:

this time last year
what was played on the pitch was more entertaining and I felt we would go up. This year, a lot of hope and expectation but we are lacking that certain something, even though we are near the top of the division. Makes me wonder how we got there sometimes! :dunno:

• Admin
The mediocrity that is-

Being 2nd in the league.

Lost 6 games all season.

3 points better off now than we were last season, and have improved season on season under DW.

We must have a clarification session of the meaning of the word "mediocrity" in the near future Madge!  :dunno:

....and what exactly does any of that count for if we don't go up this season?

• Admin
Well, pretty much nothing I guess...Shall we wait and see what happens because this season has all the hallmarks of a successful season...I HOPE!

:dunno:

Well I'd argue it had the "potential" of a successful season rather than "hallmarks" because "successful sides" usually pick up more than 1 point against the division's bottom (by some way!) club, yet we still find ourselves in a decent position....but this is the closest we'll get to agreeing.

here, here Phatwill!! Couldn't agree more.

The only way we will ever achieve success is to allow a manager to develop a team over time- nothing can be achieved by constant chopping and changing and those who call for Danny's head every time we suffer a setback miss the point. We have chopped and changed before and look where it has got us- into Division 2. This board and the management team have Division one in their sights and are building the club up on a very solid foundation. There is nothing mediocre about their ambition or about the way in which a talented young team is being assembled. The academy is working and under DW we have made progress year on year- I am confident he will deliver promotion and deserves greater support than he gets from some. But then again Manure fans are all questioning Fergie right now so I guess that's just football after all what has he ever achieved? :dunno::blush:

here, here Phatwill!! Couldn't agree more.

The only way we will ever achieve success is to allow a manager to develop a team over time- nothing can be achieved by constant chopping and changing and those who call for Danny's head every time we suffer a setback miss the point. We have chopped and changed before and look where it has got us- into Division 2.  This board and the management team have Division one in their sights and are building the club up on a very solid foundation. There is nothing mediocre about their ambition or about the way in which a talented young team is being assembled. The academy is working and under DW we have made progress year on year- I am confident he will deliver promotion and deserves greater support than he gets from some.  But then again Manure fans are all questioning Fergie right now so I guess that's just football after all what has he ever achieved? :dunno:  :blush:

Chopping and Changing?

you are talking like DW has been here for 5 minutes. if that was the case I would be agreement. The best part of 4 years is enough for anyone I think.

Anyway on to tonight ..... 3 points please, Come On City ######.

The mediocrity that is-

Being 2nd in the league.

Lost 6 games all season.

We must have a clarification session of the meaning of the word "mediocrity" in the near future Madge!  :dunno:

the same mediocrity:

That the bottom side takes 4 out of 6 points from us, and 2nd bottom takes 3 points, with gutless, clueless performances. :D

And a bit of a problem actually converting possession to actual goals, which releives the pressure on our defence. :blush:

Also part of our season so far......and its been a roller coaster all the ######* way eh?

No sorry it's not the best part of 4 years is nothing- and in each we have built and become stronger - we are presenlty second in the Division and you seem to forget the state we were in when Wilson arrived.
4 years nothing??? Sorry you are talking garbage.

Progression? How much "progression"?

What division were we in when DW arrived? where are we now?

Can I put you on the spot Megansdad? If god forbid we dont go up automatic or playoffs (please spare me the playoffs) how much more time would you allow him to do the job?

Also is there the possibility we could be having this very same disagreement in 12 months time (as was the case 12 months ago, not with you I should add)? Well I think that scenario is a real possibility, that is why I have the opionion I have.

BTW In my book 'do the job' means actually get us up, not the 1 or 2 places higher than the previous season, but fail, that we have had lately, is that really 'progression'? or winning a mickey mouse cup.

This I hope will be read as a non kneejerk critique. We won tonight, and great. Please notice how my opinion on DW has not changed one bit even after a win. So all the 'Calling All Wilson Out Brigade, Where are you?' type posters on here (that are sure to appear in the coming days). Well don't bother asking cos here's your answer, here I am!

The other major concern about giving Wilson light years to get us up is what will happen to the likes of Danny Coles /Tommy D /Matt Hill if we fail again.Most footballers with ability have ambition to play at a higher level and I am sure our's are no different.The idea that Danny can take years and years to slowly build up the team is fatally flawed.Because the players will not be content with DIV.2 for the forseeable future even if Danny is.Also how can the bloke keep making the same mistakes year after year.I hope he gets us up this year but if he fails he must go.

Archived