IGNORED

Rumour! - Very Reliable Source!

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest Tins4Gaffer

A cash-plus player bid for Danny Coles is being prepared from Cardiff, the player is supposedly Spencer Prior!! I'm unsure about the cash though.

We're also enquiring about the availability of Andy Campbell coming in on loan!!

Guest Tins4Gaffer
We don't want Spencer Prior!  He's an absolute joke.  I'd rather have Tony Butler (and that's saying something!)

I doubt we'll accept that bid.. but the Andy Campbell move interests us??

I doubt we'll accept that bid.. but the Andy Campbell move interests us??

Did look quite tasty last year - scored a quality goal in the play-off finals. Is he the answer though when we should be looking for a creative midfielder.

Guest Tins4Gaffer
Where does andy campbell play???????

Striker usually, he's got good acceleration and he likes to make forward runs from deep, plus he can meet crosses well with head or foot. I think his weakness is holding the ball up, but we have Miller and Peacock for that stuff.. and Matthews (remember him?).

plus he can meet crosses well with head or foot.

You see, this is where the problem lies.... WHAT BLEEDING CROSSES?!?!? We have no problems with the strikers that we're aware of....it's just that they're not being given any decent crosses to get on the end of to see if there's anything wrong with 'em! A striker's only as good as the service he gets, which means that right now our strikers are non-existent....through no real fault of their own. We need a flair player and we need one fast. Someone who can just turn a game at a snap of the fingers. I doubt he'd be the answer himself, but someone in the Gazza mould is what we need to inject a bit of spark in the team. :D

Not worth it at all even if it is true, Prior is ######e and has played well twice since he has been at Cardiff, sadly that was in the playoff semis when he was immense :D Campbell is good, but not what we need.

If they offered some cash plus Kavanagh and Boland then i would be interested, but that ain't going to happen.

Striker usually, he's got good acceleration and he likes to make forward runs from deep, plus he can meet crosses well with head or foot. I think his weakness is holding the ball up, but we have Miller and Peacock for that stuff.. and Matthews (remember him?).

so how thenj in your wisdom would we play em all. Just because we are going through a lean patch we cannot buy every striker who is not in someone else's first team. We don't need anymore, get the midfield bolstered

WHY WOULD WE WANT A STRIKER WHO CANT GET A GAME IN FRONT OF DONKEY`S  LIKE PETER THORNE OR FORTUNE-WEST.

:Rage:

Considering Fortune west is at doncaster i son't think he has a problem there. Peter Thorne a donkey ? He should be one of the more descent strikers in division 1 and was one of the best in division 2.

Try engaging Brain before posting innane rubbish.

Guest tone og1

I WAS REFERING TO WHEN FORTUNE-WEST WAS AT CARDIFF . CAMBELL IS QUICK BUT THE CARDIFF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS I KNOW DON`T RATE HIM OR THORNE THAT MUCH AND SURELY THEY SHOULD KNOW AS THEY WATCH EVERY GAME - DO YOU WATCH THEIR EVERY GAME SPUD !

What's your problem with Miller?

Give the bloke some games and give him some decent service from the wings and he looks to me like he'll be fine.

One of the best headers of the ball i've seen down the Gate since The Big Cheese, and links the play at least as well as any of our other strikers.

He needs games and yes, he does need to beef himself up a bit, but all the ingredients for a damn good striker are there for all to see.

Archived