IGNORED

Grant Holt?

42nite

Watched the game against the mighty Salisbury, wasn't impressed with him!

£300,000???? He looked slow and very ordinary.

The Salisbury striker, Tubbs looked by far the better player....take a look at him Gary, could be a good gamble to take, and probably get him for a fraction of the price!

• Admin

Would not be surprised if the ONLY reason holt did not join us was because he did not want to add any pressure to his pregnant wife !

Now give her another month with her newborn and things become more settled. Look at it from his view stay at a team that has shown they are prepared to sell him, or sign a contract with a club that wants him and adds extra security for his new born !

I will expect Holt to be in a City shirt before the end of January . . . .

Would not be surprised if the ONLY reason holt did not join us was because he did not want to add any pressure to his pregnant wife !

Now give her another month with her newborn and things become more settled. Look at it from his view stay at a team that has shown they are prepared to sell him, or sign a contract with a club that wants him and adds extra security for his new born !

I will expect Holt to be in a City shirt before the end of January . . . .

spot on, some people have slated him for turning us down without actually looking at the reason why...........the fact that Johnson has said that he will possibly approach him again in Jan shows that even after meeting him and being turned down, Johnson has been impressed enough with Holt the person as well as the player.

who can blame him for turning us down at the time, I can't at all, perfectly understandable

Saw the game here in the U.S.too,looked no better or no worse than his Forest collegues.What really seems odd to me is why Calderwood is so relaxed about letting him go when you would think he would like to keep all the strings to his bow at this time.

It would be good for everybody if City approach Marcus for free use of one of his best rental properties for Holt and family.

That way Marcus can be seen to be helping City, Holt gets free accomodation, and Mrs Holt thinks we are all lovely caring people and decides hubby can accept our offer.

GJ and SL get soft and mushy and offer MS the job as some sort of assistant coach and squad player, and we all live happily ever after.

Then of course I had to wake up.

Don't just laugh though, many transfers have been worked with such fringe benefits, its all about connections and the prospectives needs.

Guest MaccaJK
It would be good for everybody if City approach Marcus for free use of one of his best rental properties for Holt and family

(MARCUS SAYS ONLY IF YOU PLAY ME, GARY SAYS NO AND MARCS GOES DOWN THE ROAD TO A TWO PENCE CLUB).

That way Marcus can be seen to be helping City (YES BY FINALLY LEAVING, HE'S CRAP)

, Holt gets free accomodation

(NOPE)

, and Mrs Holt thinks we are all lovely caring people and decides hubby can accept our offer.

(NOPE SHE COMES TO BRISTOL AND SEES THE AREAS LIKE EASTVILLE, EASTON, ST PAULS AND TO A CERTAIN EXTENT FISHPONDS AND IS PUT OFF FOR LIFE AND WONT EVEN LET HER HUSBAND PLAY FOR NOTTM FOREST IN BRISTOL)

GJ and SL get soft and mushy and offer MS the job as some sort of assistant coach and squad player, and we all live happily ever after.

(HE'S ALREADY GONE)

Then of course I had to wake up.

Don't just laugh though, many transfers have been worked with such fringe benefits, its all about connections and the prospectives needs.

well there's my change to the script.

Saw the game here in the U.S.too,looked no better or no worse than his Forest collegues.What really seems odd to me is why Calderwood is so relaxed about letting him go when you would think he would like to keep all the strings to his bow at this time.

If i'm not mistaken forest have 7-9 strikers so surely that has something to do with it.

How old is this striker seems pretty good.

sMattTubbsDB0796P25.jpg

Matt Tubbs

Salisbury-born striker who signed for the Whites from Dorchester Town in October 2003.

Firm favourite with the supporters having scored more than 50 goals in just over 100 games since establishing his place in the first team.

Began his career at AFC Bournemouth and has had spells with Bolton Wanderers and Dorchester Town.

Missed a chunk of last season but still finished top scorer with 29 goals in 37 league and cup matches

Archived