IGNORED

Ashton Eight

Rich

Although I was very grateful for these players decision to accept redundency.Things need to be put into perspective,two of the eight were bit part players, only being there a short time (Aitken and Marshal, both crap) the other six, it has to be said must therefore have been a party to our plummet through the divisions,I believe only one of these players went on to play league football at another club,(tainton at Torquay).They were nearly all coming to the end of their careers and if they didn't accept the clubs offer, would have recieved the same payouts as other creditors, probably 20p in the pound.At the time it almost seeemed to me they were holding the club to ransom to keep their fat wage packets.The club was badly run, and they'd had it good up to that time, taking the money that helped push the club towards bankruptcy, while unfortunately not being quite good enough, (along with others) to sustain a higher level of football the pay warranted. So I don't feel too much simpathy as they were hardly made destitute, but none the less grateful. Thanks lads. The people we really need to thank are those that raised money on their mortgages, raided the piggy bank,went without holidays and went into debt to buy shares in the new club. Thanks lads!

Although I was very grateful for these players decision to accept redundency.Things need to be put into perspective,two of the eight were bit part players, only being there a short time (Aitken and Marshal, both crap) the other six, it has to be said must therefore have been a party to our plummet through the divisions,I believe only one of these players went on to play league football at another club,(tainton at Torquay).They were nearly all coming to the end of their careers and if they didn't accept the clubs offer, would have recieved the same payouts as other creditors, probably 20p in the pound.At the time it almost seeemed to me they were holding the club to ransom to keep their fat wage packets.The club was badly run, and they'd had it good up to that time, taking the money that helped push the club towards bankruptcy, while unfortunately not being quite good enough, (along with others) to sustain a higher level of football the pay warranted. So I don't feel too much simpathy as they were hardly made destitute, but none the less grateful. Thanks lads. The people we really need to thank are those that raised money on their mortgages, raided the piggy bank,went without holidays and went into debt to buy shares in the new club. Thanks lads!

Any comments or are you all too young to remember?

spot on fella'

Nice tub thumping speach from Tompo,but he's not getting the point. We are all thankful of the decision of the AG 8 to accept the deal, but as usual the media used their misfortune (and still do)to once again bash BCFC. but in reallity who in the same position would have done otherwise. they were well represented and got as much as they could in the circumstances, other members of staff paid a much higher cost in terms of personal loss,and as i've said, everybody involved deserves recognition including the supporters that dipped in to their pockets.

Archived