IGNORED

England And Our Sports Teams

Andy082005

Are we or are we not the laughing stock of the World at the minute.

After yet another embarressing England collapse in the 2nd test, you have to question the ability of some of these players! its pathetic! 129 all out, embarressing! I was listening to it in work and some of the batting from our players let alone the bowling from the likes of Harmison and Giles sounded woeful.......we gave it to them!! They needed 40 or so runs to win when Hoggard relayed the ball to Pieterson, wo relayed it to Jones....who completely missed it and let it run for 4 overthrows! What the hell!!

Can anyone give me one reason why Giles is in there??

The Ashes have now gone, and boy are the Aussies going to rub it in. After the OTT celebrations of last summer, they will make sure about that....

What with our football team getting demolished by Croatia and constantly under performing, our Rugby team going from World Champs to World Chumps, Tiger Tim in the Tennis every year,......o dear o dear

rant over :noexpression:

Are we or are we not the laughing stock of the World at the minute.

After yet another embarressing England collapse in the 2nd test, you have to question the ability of some of these players! its pathetic! 129 all out, embarressing! I was listening to it in work and some of the batting from our players let alone the bowling from the likes of Harmison and Giles sounded woeful.......we gave it to them!! They needed 40 or so runs to win when Hoggard relayed the ball to Pieterson, wo relayed it to Jones....who completely missed it and let it run for 4 overthrows! What the hell!!

The Ashes have now gone, and boy are the Aussies going to rub it in. After the OTT celebrations of last summer, they will make sure about that....

What with our football team getting demolished by Croatia and constantly under performing, our Rugby team going from World Champs to World Chumps, Tiger Tim in the Tennis every year,......o dear o dear

rant over :noexpression:

Giles is in their because the selectors are shite at their jobs. I would say at least 70% of people with cricket knowledge wanted Panesar in the team. Easy to say in hindsight but I believe the selectors made 3 diabolical decisions coming into this series, which gave Australia the intiative.

1. Flintoff replacing Strauss as captain, why change a winning captain when Flintoff had hardly set the World on fire? Why give our star player even more pressure?

2. Why replace Read? That smacked of panic, and Jones has hardly done anything with the bat in 4 innings that Read wouldn't have done.

3. And the worst of all, replacing Panesar with Giles. Pathetic.

And that's my rant over.

Hey Jenson Button won his first Grand Prix this year. And the boxers arent doing too bad either really.

I agree though the footy players are over paid, We only won the Rugby world cup cos of Johnnys kicking (and now hes permenantly injured) and as for the Cricketers well they seem to have been a one trick pony as well.

Rant over.

Because England want to be able to bat to number 8. If we dropped Giles and played Panesar then we would have 4 number 11's in. In Australia's first innings their number 8 shared in a 100 partnership so the argument for this is strong and although I agree I would do it differently.

Drop Giles and Anderson, play Monty and Mahmood. Mahmood can bat at 8 and has shown to be as good as Giles in bat. Monty is a better spinner than Giles and Mahmood is a better fast bowler than Anderson.

Until England pick their strongest 11 they will never come close to beating the Aussies.

Drop Giles and Anderson, play Monty and Mahmood. Mahmood can bat at 8 and has shown to be as good as Giles in bat. Monty is a better spinner than Giles and Mahmood is a better fast bowler than Anderson.

Until England pick their strongest 11 they will never come close to beating the Aussies.

I agree

we will never bowl the aussies out twice without Monty

Far too many English sportsmen, play with 'ck all pride in the shirt they are wearing.

As for the cricket, the OTT clebrations ensured the aussies would REALLY be up for it, and over here youve far too readliy written of Warne & McGrath... last series, and they wanna go out with a bang.

Funny how the best player so far is Sarf efrican born...Pietersen is the only one doing the biz.

My theory on England's Green and Pleasent Land and it's problematic relationship with International Sporting panach is that we do insist on our spread bets.

As it's a Football forum I'll start my little ramble with the Brazilians; one hundred million people have Brazil, what do they do? they play Football. What do they kick ass in? they kick ass in Football.

Take the German's... Have you ever heard of a German Cricket team, Rugby team? No, me neither. They seem quite content focussing on their Football, who have won multiple International tournaments in Football? The German's.

What about the all conquering Aussies is the cry I hear... The Aussies do not have our culture, heratage or religion. The Aussies have SPORT. That is their religion, they love it, that's what it's all about for those boys. Trust me, I once read up on it.

I've got a big soft spot for New Zealand. The New Zealander's are the Brazilian's of Rugby, religious they are, but also very chilled out, those boys's just kinda go large on their Rugby, man, they love it, big up to them.

Sportingly, we will never compete on a global scale until we take focus. The reality of this happening is in the realms of fairy-talism. What we will do is occassionally pick off trophies from here to there just through laws of nature but we will never truly kick ass in any particular field; trust me,that's the way it is, we do have a Monachy though.

Archived