IGNORED

Reaction To Brooker

Andy Horsman

After being on the pitch for a few minutes last night a'fan' in the Atyeo referred to Brooker as a c&*t because he miss controlled a ball. My mate in the Dolman told me that he too had heard derogatory comments about Steve, within minutes of him coming on.

UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE.

The guy has a fantastic record at this club and gets hurt because he is brave, committed and honest.He has the heart of 3 lions and is also a very talented target man at this level.He has had a wretched start to 2006/2007, with injuries and doing porridge, but he does not deserve abuse like this.

I can be as critical of the club as anyone else, but a draw and 3 wins in 10 days, still involved, and serious contenders on all 3 fronts is deserving of our praise even though I concede that last nights game was poor, ugly, and uninspiring.

Carlisle are no slouches, the wind was up and the pressure is on our lads at AG.

Whatever I may think about the board etc, what I heard last night about such a good, loyal and talented player was beyond the pale.

It left me feeling flat when despite the game the result was just what we needed

After being on the pitch for a few minutes last night a'fan' in the Atyeo referred to Brooker as a c&*t because he miss controlled a ball. My mate in the Dolman told me that he too had heard derogatory comments about Steve, within minutes of him coming on.

UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE.

The guy has a fantastic record at this club and gets hurt because he is brave, committed and honest.He has the heart of 3 lions and is also a very talented target man at this level.He has had a wretched start to 2006/2007, with injuries and doing porridge, but he does not deserve abuse like this.

I can be as critical of the club as anyone else, but a draw and 3 wins in 10 days, still involved, and serious contenders on all 3 fronts is deserving of our praise even though I concede that last nights game was poor, ugly, and uninspiring.

Carlisle are no slouches, the wind was up and the pressure is on our lads at AG.

Whatever I may think about the board etc, what I heard last night about such a good, loyal and talented player was beyond the pale.

It left me feeling flat when despite the game the result was just what we needed

What do you expect ? There are people who support City who are idiots - same as in normal day to day life. Take a chill pill mate.

The bloke you talk about sounds like a moron. And we've got our fair share at the Gate. Thankfully, 90% of our supporters appreciate the effort our players are putting in - its a damn sight better than the primadonna mickey taking our players were dishing out under Wilson and Tinnion. Its up to us supporters who want to get behind the team to drown out the idiots who simply go down Ashton Gate to moan, booooooooooo and insult our players and the manager. Because so far this season, they deserve our support for fully commited (not always pretty) performances that see us in a very healthy league position. :chant6ez:

UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE.

My answer is don't sit in the Atyeo. It reached number 9 on the groanmeter last night, shocking!

UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE.

I didn't hear these comments which is probably just as well to be honest. How people can abuse their own players is beyond me.

I agree whole heartadly with your comments re Steve he is brave commited and honest and always always gives his best for the team. We are very lucky he has chose to stay with city as he could definately play at a higher level if he wanted to. I hope he never heard these comments i really do. He wants to stay here get promotion and play in the championship with City. He is a loyal player at this club and more than deserves all our support.

I didn't hear these comments which is probably just as well to be honest. How people can abuse their own players is beyond me.

I agree whole heartadly with your comments re Steve he is brave commited and honest and always always gives his best for the team. We are very lucky he has chose to stay with city as he could definately play at a higher level if he wanted to. I hope he never heard these comments i really do. He wants to stay here get promotion and play in the championship with City. He is a loyal player at this club and more than deserves all our support.

But it's ok to abuse Marcus Stewart?

Who, technically, is still our player.

God some people are so fickle and bloody 2 faced.

(Not a direct insult I hasten to add)

No its not ok to abuse Marcus Stewart or any of our lads. People who continually do this during matches are nothing short of ignorant. No I'm not a Marcus Stewart fan as you well know but when he did play for us i never stood up shouting abuse at him. People who do that are completely out of order.

don't worry about it, sit in back of g block, and seem to be surrounded by utter idiots who don't have a clue or even understand football

Try Dolman Block C. I am probably going to move next season due to the fact that i am surrounded by absoloute morons. There is constant abuse thrown at players and it just beggers belief. I guess some people's lives are that unfullfilling that they can get joy from abusing others. Still can't understand it though, some of the abuse that is hurled at the players i hear every week is just ridiculous. Incidentally, i don't tend to see them at the away games.

but that is totally and utter different situations

Stewart gets hammered on here and other forums

Brooker "apparently" getting hammered on the pitch.

it's one thing moaning on here, but when they are actually on the pitch it "shouldn't" be like that....if however they are shit/don't perform/etc then feel free to hammer people on here, but stupid comments like the mentioned one in the top posting......just no need

but that is totally and utter different situations

Stewart gets hammered on here and other forums

Brooker "apparently" getting hammered on the pitch.

it's one thing moaning on here, but when they are actually on the pitch it "shouldn't" be like that....if however they are shit/don't perform/etc then feel free to hammer people on here, but stupid comments like the mentioned one in the top posting......just no need

Exactly. Just remember they are real people with real feelings.

Exactly. Just remember they are real people with real feelings.

In fairness, i heard a few comments, and made a couple about Brooker (can you believe i nearly typed Stewart then?) when he came on, they were all sarcastic. Not just sarcastic either. Out and out blatantly sarcastic as well.

And it was quite funny.

Also had a near enough rendition on the A-Z of swearwards from a couple of chavs nears us. Every ###### other ###### word **** i ###### swear.

UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE.

yeah yur dead right,thing is these people will be his best mate when he hits form again.

yeah yur dead right,thing is these people will be his best mate when he hits form again.

But he was effective when he came on was even involved in the goal!!! Do these people watch the games with their eyes closed??

Which player of ours was you abusing whilst he was at our club? Marcus stewart was it? So tell me sarah, how can you abuse one of our players?

Which player of ours was you abusing whilst he was at our club? Marcus stewart was it? So tell me sarah, how can you abuse one of our players?

Never when he was on that pitch. I don't abuse any city player. I'm not getting into an argument with you about MS he has gone now anyway.

Yes, but the fact remains you still abused whil whilst he was a 'city player' Forum or on the pitch it's all the same.

No i didn't abuse him as you put it. I didn't like the man's attitude. To me he never gave 100% effort for Bristol City and i haven't got time for players like that.

Archived